“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The new rooms are excellent - service is awesome - Jose and Karen at the front desk are wonderful to deal with! I would stay here again. No bugs - clean - great service - what more can you ask for! It is under renovation and once that is complete this will be a very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Lesley C,

It is wonderful to hear that you were provided with excellent guest service. The room renovation is in its final stages and will be mostly complete by the end of this week. We strive in providing great guest service with clean rooms at a reasonable price. Jose and Karen will be acknowledged for making certain our goals were met. We look forward to a return visit from you if you are in need of accommodations in the West Houston Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The former general manager, Will Wood, is an excellent manager. He helped my family's transition very easy. We had 3 dogs and they allowed us to keep them with us. His staff did a great job, especially the women at the front desk. They were going through a renovation, but it looked good. Can't wait to see it fully renovated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you Anthony for the wonderful review. I am happy to hear that William and his staff provided you will excellent guest service. The renovation for the rooms should be completed by the end of this year. We would love to see you and your pets again if you ever need a room in the Energy Corridor.
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Don't expect too much from this hotel. Is really cheap, and taking that in mind is really good. Of course there are major flaws, outside of first floor the lawn is full of pet's mess (you know what i mean), i suppose that the hotel could be pet friendly, but unfriendly to pet owners. Staff is really good and they solve my problems, I wish the hotel could be cleaner outside, but is ok.
The rooms are good, a little old, bathroom and bed are ok (NO bugs), and they're remodelling, which I hope ends soon.
Pros: Have wifi and parking.
Cons: Not so clean outside, noisy facing I-10, no breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid I-10 facing rooms, and ask for second or third floor rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for competing a review for the property. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the cleanliness outside of the property. The room renovations will be competed by the end of this year. We will then begin the lobby renovation. When the lobby renovation is completed, we will have a grab and go breakfast as well as a business center and market place. The entire room will be renovated with new beds and bathrooms. I hope that you give us the opportunity to impress you when you visit the West Houston Area again.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel once a week (usually Mondays for business), for about 2 years now. The hotel has been thru quite a few managers since my first stay; but I have to say this new manager, Heather, is BY FAR the worst!!!!!! She has NO common courtesy; not to mention NO professional, friendly customer service what so ever!!! I have witnessed her be EXTREMELY RUDE to multiple new guests to the establishment; as well as the guests who regularly stay there and HER OWN EMPLOYEES! I spoke with a few of the guests and they all agree... this new manager needs to go. Apparently, the owners were stuck hiring her, for some reason or another. The other staff ; though, is extremely friendly and helpful. Im worried they may lose the friendly staff though; due to the way this Heather treats them. I always enjoyed my visits there when William managed the location. I think everyone (employees and guests) enjoyed the friendly service William provided. To sum it all up, no employees or guests seem pleased with this manager. To the Corporate Office or "Private Owners".....you need to get rid of this Heather because shes causing you to lose great employees and guests; such as myself. Until you have new managment at that location, I refuse to visit again.Needless to say; Its Monday, and Im resting my head at Studio 6.
Steven

• Stayed October 2013
Heather C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Steven,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apology for any rude behavior you experienced during your stay. I believe in providing outstanding guest service and am always available to my guests staying at the hotel as well as my employees. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel. I would like the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in more detail your experience. I hope that you will allow me another opportunity to provide you with the outstanding service you deserve.
Springtown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel has new owners since my last stay in 2012. Lobby has been remodeled and looks much better. They have not had a continental breakfast, but the new owners will have one up and going sometime towards the end of July.

As always, the staff is 1st rate, even if there is a problem, they have been courteous and always solve the issue. The cleaning staff for the rooms I have rented have been super,e especially for a budget motel. I had problems with my room, but cleanliness was not one.

My room had wash clothes but no large towels, quick trip up front solved that. Entry door could use some seal around the door jam (134 if maintenance reads this). The A/C louver was missing, but that thing would freeze you out, great in the Houston summertime.

Bed was made so good you could bounce a quarter ( I did) :) Beds where a bit "hard" , but great for my back. Carpet was clean and bath area was great. I look for anything I can, to pass on to my fellow travelers and I look for hair and "bugs". The room was clean.... Caulk was in great shape, toilet worked great and my Favorite, the tub drained properly. Shower head could use replacing though. My room had a newer flat screen TV, but no Microwave or mini-fridge.

I work nights and sleep days, great place if your on the West side of Houston for work. Security at night walks the grounds. I have never seen any "questionable" people, a few girls that made me "assume". There are no public type buildings, so it appears to be a safer than average location for Houston ( I say this as a former Texas Police Officer). Food is either carry in, or order, Nothing within walking distance.

Corporate rate is awesome, so ask, if you're there for business. This isn't the Hyatt, so dont expect that, but it is an improving location each time I stay. Fridge and microwaves and some light maintenance would make this one of the best and safest locations in Houston for a "budget" stay IMO.

Parking is great and I pull a trailer, though the weekend may be different

This Motel is "out of the way" in the middle of West side Houston( I-10 @ Hwy6) , but worth a look if you want a safe base to work/stay from.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Helix, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Sorting through a lot of reviews of Motel 6 and Red Roof, I settled on this Red Roof Inn. Seemed pretty good; new wood (real wood) floors and bedding. Clean. Old TV. Top floor, end of the hall and with a weird anteroom. Couldn't figure out what it was for. About ten by eight, with a clothes bar at the end, but nothing else. Desk man was very nice and helpful. When we couldn't get our keys to work he came up and tried them then went back to the office to reprogram them and brought them back up. There were peculiar people hanging around, though. Spouse thought some of the women might be "professionals". Wonder how he would know? TV probably.

Room Tip: Get one away from the parkway, which is very close.. And noisy
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The front desk was exceptional. Latrina helped me a great deal when I thought I had lost something important. She took care of me while training a new employee and for the life of me I couldn’t keep up with my keys!!!! The location is convenient and it was affordable. My first choice isn’t to stay in a hotel but I would stay again. The only negative was the amount of cigarette smoke. It was I the lobby and filtered through the rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Houston - Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!