“Average room good staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Breakfast for OTC!
Ranked #161 of 468 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Average room good staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My family and I just recently stayed here at this Red Roof on a last minute trip. The yound woman in the front was excellent helping us to get a quick night stay. We saw this hotel off the highway and wanted a convient location to downtown. We ended up getting a double bed room. The hallway lighting to our room was pretty dim. As well as the lights inside the room. The window was not too big so the highway traffic was not loud. The beds are not the softest. The bathroom was small and did not have a toilet cover. So if you have a child 3 and under lock the door. Overall my family and I felt somewhat safer at this hotel due to its location and seeing a security guard verifying license plates at night. This place does not have breakfast but does provide coffee/tea. For our purpose this hotel was convient and a great price.

Room Tip: King Suite is best value if you need a microwave and mini fridge
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The young lady at the desk was very pleasant. The room was clean especially the bathroom. The good part was that the room did not smell like smoke this has been our experience at other hotels.

• Stayed August 2011
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed here recently for one night and I will definitely be coming back. Staff was very kind and courteous. Trina (i think that was her name) was helpful with just about everything and even helped me set up transportation to the airport.

Room Tip: Very affordable and clean.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is a no frills kind of hotel. It was clean and comfortable. My only gripe is that the bath tub fixtures were broken so you had to spin the faucet around because it was so loose in order for it to work correctly. The water pressure was also very low. Good enough for ~$56 I guess.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I hae stayed at this hotel before maybe a year or two ago. What attracted me first was the location, neatly tucked away but yet close to the freeway, stores and shopping. It is very easy access for my job as a travel nurse. Two employees, actually three have stood out from the rest, First Mr. Ed Thompson, he is definitely an asset to the company and I forsee him in an upper management level, he has the qualities to go far , make the guest feel so welcomed , he was a safe haven for me, and I will never forget his genuine kindness that he has shown to me coming in after working a long night shift. Then there is Latrina Sampson, with her beautiful smile, she has been so very sweet and has shown such an inviting feeling to me, this is why i came back to this side of town, I could have chose somewhere closer to work, but this hotel was a safe haven for me, I didnt worry about parking, being alone traveling, and felt so secure in my room, I got my deep REM sleep that we all need.LOL, Jr. was there the very first night tht I checked in and was so very professional , helpful and patient as he waited formy daughter to fax over her info to pay for my room. So I said all that to say this, Keep up the good work and I look forward to returning to my safe haven in Houston when my work brings me back, May God bless. Janie Davis,LVN

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

MOSQUITOS yes mosquitos I have never seen in my life in any motel/hotel .Ac was making all kind of noise that you can think off, no soap or shampoo in the room when I checked in call the front desk they told me to come and get it. Internet speed was good. Only good for one night stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
RIDGELY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

One night stop on the way to Baton Rouge. Desk clerk was the only plus. Room had a musty smell, checked in after 3 p.m. but king size bed wasn't available as reserved...no iron, no coffee maker. I don't tend to stay at Red Roofs - may not again.Usually use TripAdvisor to make decisions..thought this sounded okay - that's what it was..just okay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Houston - Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!