“Boutique Hotel with lots of extras!” 5 of 5 stars

Sunday Perks
Ranked #104 of 457 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Boutique Hotel with lots of extras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed two nights at the Derek Hotel. The staff was so attentive, the rooms attractive and comfortable, a nice happy hour and a shuttle service to attractions within three miles of the hotel.
It is a short walk to the shopping paradise of the Galleria.
I highly recommend this great hotel!!!!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a larger room and enjoyed it.
Green Features: The hotel encourages travelers to reuse towels and changes sheets after three days to spare the earth the detergents.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We were looking forward to a wonderful birthday weekend. As soon as we checked in, we inspected the room. There was pubic hair still in the shower, and on the bathroom ceiling, and a white mark on the hallway mirror (Hopefully it was spit, because I cleaned it off myself.) We went downstairs to play pool and my husband went to buy us drinks at revolve. Our tab for 3 drinks was $64. Not only that, we were told that we couldn't play pool anymore after 11:45. So, my actual birthday was pretty much cut short because we were kicked out of the game room. I understand that they had to set up for breakfast the next day, I just found that the staff could have been more polite about it, especially when it is our birthdays. Not to mention spending almost $100 on 3 drinks that we couldn't even enjoy. My husband waited and waited to be served our drinks, and finally after being helped, was followed back to the game room by the "bartender" who helped him, only to be told that we couldn't play pool anymore. I had booked Hotel Derek in hopes that we would be able to get away from it all. The only thing that was awesome was the view from our balcony and the chauffeur services that picked us up from the galleria. Check in was a breeze,and the valet staff was great when helping us with self parking. We don't get away from home much and Hotel Derek seemed like a destination to admire by the reviews. I'm not sure we will be staying at this hotel again. I was hoping to have a great experience since my husband and I bought memberships to the Houston museum of natural science. There's a letter in the rooms that say the staff will wait on you hand and foot. I felt like we got the rear end of that promise.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Nick B, General Manager at Hotel Derek Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 4 days ago
First of all, Happy Belated Birthday from the entire team of Hotel Derek! You are absolutely right, you should have been spoiled rotten by each and every staff member for your b-day weekend and I am sorry that isn’t the experience that you received. Our restaurant and bar do close for service at mid-night, but I wish your husband has been advised of that so you weren’t surprised after being served your drinks. We’d love to make it up to you – will you please reach out to me directly so we can redeem ourselves during your next visit?

Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The staff at hotel derek met all of my expectations the room was beautiful and the city view with the balcony was awesome.....cant wait to go back.The staff even brung chocolate covered strawberries complimentary for my birthday day.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Happy Belated Birthday from the Hotel Derek team! And… who can say no to dessert, especially the day when you came to this world. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bursa/Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel DEREK HAS A PERFECT LOCATION,room so clean ,have a qualıty sleep,stuff so lovely and hard workıng,advıse everybody,easy to reach everywhere,decorated cute,lovely,safety hotel,specıally pool room was very charmıng,otopark prıces hıgh

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Nick B, General Manager at Hotel Derek Houston Galleria, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We love hearing from guests like you at Hotel Derek. Thank you for the kind comments in regards to our team’s great service, as well as our location – we’re lucky. So thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything. Come back and see us soon again!

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we stayed there this week (actually, we're still here). they claim that they are "SMOKE FREE." they also have signs up that say, "NO smoking 100 feet of the entrance." however, the truth is, the place absolutely reeks of smoke, including some of their rooms. the conference they are hosting has about 100 smokers that sit right outside the lobby and back door smoking- they have done absolutely nothing to mitigate this- making the rest of us suffer. greatly disappointed and will not return.

Green Features: not existing. it is smoke filled and gross. this is the chief complaint that we have.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bbrands, we hear you and we sincerely apologize! You are absolutely correct – we had a special group at the hotel last week and they really enjoyed our outdoor smoking space. Please know that while Hotel Derek is a smoke-free hotel, not butts about it, we do allow guests to enjoy their vises outdoors in the designated smoking area. I wish we could have visited with you before you departed. Will you please reach out to me when your travels bring you back to Houston so we can arrange something special for you?

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was great and everyone was very friendly, the only thing negative I have to say is that the water pressure in the shower is horrible, could barely get the shampoo out of my hair. Location is wonderful if you are planning to visit the Galleria area.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your sincere comments about our staff, they are wonderful. And… I would encourage you to call our Butler Express team at “610” for any assistance needed during your stay – water pressure is a simply fix and one we wouldn’t want you to fuss with. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Live Well,
south texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is actually my 4th stay at the Derek. I love the hotel and the restaurant next door has changed through the years but is always excellent.

The hotel rooms are modern but still comfy. The bedding is extra comfortable. There is a huge bench by the window. My favorite part is the room darkening shades!!! I hate light when I am trying to sleep. The service is average. Housekeeping is good. Over all you will be happy here it's trendy and hip without being over priced. Over the years the most I have paid is like 265.00.

Location is perfect right next to the Galleria but it is across the Expressway so I wouldn't walk. If you ask in advance they will drop you off at the Galleria. They use an SUV. They are hush hush about this service so ask Concierge about it. I will continue to stay at the Derek.

• Stayed November 2014
We love guests who come back and visit us over and over again – thank you! Hotel Derek aims to offer a refreshing style and service – thrilled to hear that you enjoyed dinning in REVOLVE Kitchen + Bar and the black-out shades! Can’t wait to have to back to wow you again!

Live Well,

Been to Hotel Derek Houston Galleria? Share your experiences!