“Meets expectations for Homewood Suites” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7655 West FM 1960, Houston, TX 77070   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 15%
Ranked #22 of 451 hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Meets expectations for Homewood Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is your typical suburban hotel. Free parking is easy with 2-3 entrances from various points in the parking lot. The breakfast was also free and had an adequate assortment of continental items including a make your own waffle bar. The suite was nice with a door that closes between the living room and bedroom. The kitchen refridgerator was a good size and the kitchen was well appointed. Location was good for us as we were there for a wedding on the NW side of town, location quality would differ per hotel guest. There were many, many restaurants within walking and short driving distance and a nice mall is literally across the parking lot. Also, the pool and hot tub were indoors which made them useful in early March even though it was cool outside.

Room Tip: We used points on this hotel stay, it seemed to be well worth the points.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear DPBonfire,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay with us at the Willowbrook Homewood Suites by Hilton! We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please think of us when coming back to Houston.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were there with a soccer team for a tournament in Houston. We travel with sport teams alot and this hotel gave us the best service we have had. We were supplied with an ice chest full of water before every game. They were friendly and helpful.The rooms were large and clean. The staff went above and beyond with their service. We will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sherrinet,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Houston, Willow brook Mall! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are grateful for the nice comments! We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Colleyville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

This hotel was a lot for $99 a night. Kitchenette, breakfast and very clean. Breakfast consisted of eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and the usual fare. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2011
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have stayed here every week for the last 2 months. The service is outstanding.
Omar goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is perfect.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Rudy2011,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment about your stay with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed it and we will make sure to recognize Omar's great performance. We are looking forward to having you here again!
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This has been the third time I have stayed here and have been impressed each time. The level of service is actually better than I receive at 5 star hotels, part of it is because they know your name and the level of service is uncompromised excellence.

Monday - Thursday evening they have the managers reception which is in essence a full meal, and the breakfasts are also great.

The location by the mall and off of FM190 makes it convenient for shopping as well as food.

Great place, and actually reserved it already for next year.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Vballguy63,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in Houston. We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we would love to have you stay with us again! Please think of us when coming back to Houston.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

My family of three stayed at the Homewood Suites Willowbrook for 2 nights in May 2011. The 1 bedroom king suite we had was spacious, clean, and updated. The complimentary breakfast in the morning far exceeded our expectations, as they had hot food each morning (and it was very good). The only issue I had was that both of our keys stopped working after the 1st night, so I had to walk all the way back down to the lobby from the 3rd floor to get it resolved. Of course it was late at night and my daughter was asleep in my arms. No worries though, it was quickly resolved and the front desk representative apologized for the error. The check in and out process was fast and easy and the hotel is located conveniently next to the mall with tons of dining options within walking distance. I'd stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Tampa1029,

Thank you so much for your nice comments! Our team strives to deliver great service to each and every guest on daily basis. Our goal is also to make you feel as close to home as possible, while traveling on business or pleasure. We want to be "Your home away from home". And, Thanks to satisfied guests like you, we feel that we succeed and we feel great about our jobs.
We are looking forward to having you and your family here soon!

Best wishes,
Elena Atieh
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Having previously stayed at other Homewood Suites I had a good opinion of them. HS provides Breakfast and Dinner (the later Mon-Thur) and the food was usually pretty good.

This HS however must have been on a budget crunch. BF was fine, but who eats refined beans for breakfast in this country? At least they had the waffle maker out everyday and that was good. The usuals - oatmeal, fruit, some variation of an egg - were all there and edible.

Dinner was entirely different. I guess if I drank alcohol, it would have made the food better, but hotdogs with crusty, hard buns is not my idea of an evening meal. For those who drink, they have unlimited beer and wine (whine?). Why go to the expense of providing any food at all if its going to suck? Fortunately there are MANY restaurants in the area as an alternative. So enjoy the free beer/wine and go somewhere else to eat.

The first floor hallway reeked of cigarette smoke and the grounds immediately outside the hotel smelled of animal feces more often than not. They allow smoking on the third floor and in 1 room on the first (the floor where I had my room). Inside my room was pleasant smelling. But I dreaded every time I left my room because of the hallway stink (and so did my kids).

The carpet in many areas was frayed and in my room parts of the floor were exposed. If I stepped on a seam without shoes I could feel a tack in my foot.

They have an indoor pool - which isn't heated. Kind of a bummer with my kids this time of year since it was pretty cold. I imagine its not in issue in July. Hopefully they have good ventilation though. I could see the pool room becoming its own sauna.

Overall, I would give them 2/5 stars - or if I get one of those Hilton questionnaires, about a 4 or 5 overall. I can not honestly think of an area where I would give them the 9 or 10 Hilton wants from its properties when they send out the surveys. Not bad enough that I won't try another Homewood again, but I won't recommend this one to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
HWSwillow, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Trilete,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the breakfast and dinner meals you expected. Our complimentary breakfast and welcome home reception are comprised of traditional food items, but may also include dishes that are enjoyed locally here in Houston. Unfortunately, we may have missed an opportunity to provide you a quality meal in the evening during your visit, but we are taking our guests' suggestions seriously and we already made some changes to our menu. We try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites Willowbrook Mall, and understand your frustration. On your next visit to the area, we hope you consider staying with us again so we can demonstrate the excellent food service and hospitality we are known for.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Willowbrook Mall? Share your experiences!