“Wonderful Room!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, WA
“Wonderful Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed for the first time at the Homewood Suites-Westchase on a recent business trip to Houston. I was very impressed by the room! What a comfortable, easy-to-work-in suite! The room had a nice living room, kitchen, separate bedroom and bath. The breakfast in the morning, which was free, was excellent and had everything from fruit and cereal to eggs, sausages/other meat, pancakes, bagels, juices, coffee, toast, etc. The workout area was better than average, as was the pool and spa. The price was in line with other hotels, and maybe even a little less expensive. The location has many choices to eat and shop within a close distance. The front desk was very helpful in arranging taxis. I will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We chose this hotel for the location as we were meeting family who live in West Houston.
The location is perfect, Westheimer has it all.
The complimentary breakfast is perfect. Cereals, fruit, milks, Texas shaped waffles, many breads and bagels, hot foods like omlettes, scrambled eggs, sausages, patties, biscuits & gravy, tater tots.
From Mon thru to Thurs they have complimentary snacks, but it is really dinner. Fantastic selection of food, with great deserts and drinks.
We were generally happy with everything, except the rollaway bed. It would have been better to have 2 single beds rather than one king, as the teens would not share the bed, and there were fights every night over who would sleep in the rollaway, which was very uncomfortable.
I was cooking a special meal one day and needed a very large vessel, but housekeeping only kept me waiting for 5 minutes and supplied me with one!

Teas, coffees and other hot drinks are available at any time in the lobby.

We would most certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor are nicer than ground floor. Laundry room is on 2nd floor. All rooms are...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

This Homewood Suites met my expectations in regards to location, which was great, with easy access to the Sam Houston tollway and therefore I-10 and the Westpark Tollway, not to mention Westheimer. We also enjoyed the pond and fountains at the neighboring corporate building. It also met my expectations for the room itself, it was clean, well appointed, and more than satisfied my family of four. My 10 year old daughter even wanted to take home the super soft blanket from the closet. The pool was warm and indoor and therefore a great addition for a property with small kids. It was small enough that you don't have to get in the water with them if you aren't in the mood.

The one place that this Homewood fell short was on breakfast. It was well below my Homewood expectations. There were only 3 "adult" cereals to choose from, the only whole fruit was green and red apples, the Texas shaped waffles were hard and chewy, there were no plain, scrambled eggs either day, there was always an empty bin where hot food should go, the assortment of breads was sparse...I think you get the idea. I will say that we showed up at the end of breakfast on day 2 and the staff was very helpful in getting us food, drinks, plates, and silverware from the backroom instead of turning us away.

I would return for the right price but would probably opt for a different location given comparable prices.

Room Tip: If you're staying for an extended time, I'd ask for a room on the first floor near the side...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mesquite (Dallas), TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

After stating that I would not stay here again, my husband booked this room by mistake thinking it was a different Homewood. However much to my surprise I was impressed this time. They were in the midst of renovations, but the hotel was nice, the beds were comfortable, and the hotel staff was so nice. My only issue is still the food, in particular the breakfast. It was just not that good. My husband loves breakfast so I always try to book a hotel that offers that, but overall, I enjoyed my stay, and retract what I said about not staying here again!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We are staying here with 2 toddlers and it is just what we needed at a good price. The room is clean and having the kitchen is so helpful. The free breakfast is great, especially on weekends. The Ritz it is not, but it's comfortable, clean and affordable. The staff is very pleasant and kind. The young woman manning the weekend breakfast was especially lovely.

• Stayed November 2011
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Homewood was nice, nothing out of the ordinary with the room, lobby, etc, however the staff provided a pleasant surprise. I know the staff at long-term stay hotels can often get to know their guests, but Ada made me feel like she was welcoming me into her home even though I was only staying one night.

Her positive attitude and genuine kindness is too often missing at hotels. I had a late arrival and she processed a speedy check-in and helped me track down food since I had not eaten dinner yet. As it was nearing 10:30PM and most places were closed, she personally started calling local restaurants to see who delivered. Additionally, there was a confusion with the billing of my room - it was a business trip but for some reason the charge was not able to process on the corporate account. I had to pay with my credit card, however Ms. Parker assured me that she would research it, follow up with my company, and assured that she would follow up with me. She followed through on all three and it was straightened out. This saved me the hassle of dealing with it the following day and allowed me to focus on the important business of the day.

I would consider this above and beyond want is required, and well beyond what you normally experience at hotels.

The only reason I'm not giving 5 of 5 is that the duvet was pretty old and dirty - didn't feel like I was climbing into the cleanest bed. However, the bathroom and kitchen were very clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

First time in a Homewood Suites and this is a personal thing, but I travel a lot and am a little spoiled. The deal breaker for me in any hotel is a bedspread instead of a duvet. We all know that those bedspreads get cleaned twice a year and probably harbor more bacteria than a public toilet. So if I am stuck with one far away from any alternative lodging, I'll shove it in a corner and ask for a clean blanket and extra sheet to 3-sheet the bed. In this case, there was lots of alternative lodging nearby. The hotel appeared clean and pretty well maintained. It wasn't until after we left the next morning that my husband gave me the bad news: a big cockroach on the bathroom floor....and the good news: it was already dead. But really, it did look clean and it might have been a one time occurance. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, but would suggest that management get in touch with their pest control contractor. The decor was bland, non-descript and very thrifty looking. The sofa in the room was not the least bit soft, comfortable or inviting. The guilty bedspread was actually a big comforter that would not have shown soil if someone dropped an entire dinner on it. The rooms were very small but separated by a pocket door. The kitchen/living/dining area was all one. The tub and toilet were enclosed in the bathroom, with the sink outside of it. One very nice feature was the curved bar for the shower curtain, something so inexpensive that all hotels should have them by now. The breakfast was very good - a generous buffet that included waffles in the shape of Texas - and served by the nicest ladies! The reception staff was terrific as well. They could not have been kinder. The location is in a green area near a highway, about a half mile walk to any restaurants, etc. They serve a free dinner at the hotel Monday thru Thursday, but we weren't there on one of those nights. Satisfaction with anything, including hotels, is based upon one's expectations. And since everyone's expectations are different, you can (and often do) have some people ranting and some raving about the very same hotel. My heaven might be your hell or vice versa. This place came up short for me. But unless a kitchen is mandatory, in this price range I think a Hilton Garden Inn or Marriott Courtyard is a much better choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Westchase? Share your experiences!