“Take a Closer Look” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Take a Closer Look”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

There are many similar indications of poor maintenance and lower quality care of the housecleaning staff. Minor and not worth itemizing here, but with all the places I travel and stay, this is one of those with preliminary indications of poor attention to detail. Closet doors hung crooked, doors do not close properly, water temp doesn't work, beds made somewhat messy and with a 'fast' fix look to them, etc. Good people to work with, but seems unaware of pending problems and these 'details'.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KatieJSauer, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve our hotel. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I am a frequent guest of this hotel, and normally do not have problem. My last stay, I encountered a young man with a bad attitude. Good breakfast and plenty of items. Beds are comfy, and plenty of space in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Pearland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and every time the staff is very friendly. Also the rooms are very clean and neat. I also never run into any issues at all. I will stay here more in the future. I love the fact that it gives the look and feel of an apartment with a great looking kitchen as well as spacious overall rooms. I have recommended this hotel to some of my colleagues and friends already!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am planning to visit the Houston area very soon and will be, once again, staying at Homewood Suites in Clear Lake. My previous stay was quite comfortable. My quarters were exceptionally clean and the housekeeper that serviced my suite was an absolute pleasure. She possessed a very cheerful and upbeat attitude! Her maintenance of my suite was very thorough and her willingness to accommodate my request for service was outstanding. It was a pleasure to have Danelle maintain my suite. Her smile was a true day brightener for me!

• Stayed May 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Reserved two rooms for one noght Friday of Labor Day weekend. Plans changed and we needed to stay another night, worried that holiday weekend we would be out of luck. Front desk contacted and reserved the two rooms needed for extra night. Great service all around!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of July. The breakfast was a disappointment. (I guess I've been spoiled by staying at the Hampton). But I must also state that there is a evening meal available Mon-Thur including beer & wine all for free. Naturally you have paid for it in this over priced hotel. While coffee is available in the lobby all day, what about us tea drinkers? Seldom was there hot water mid-day & I might note, poor selection of tea bays to choose from.

Room Tip: get a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel was not quiet, had a horrible breakfast, and is extremely over-priced. Stay somewhere else instead. I usually stay at Embassy Suites instead, and this hotel comes nowhere near that standard. This was more of a "continental" type breakfast and both mornings we had to go down the road and eat at Einsteins on Bay Aread Blvd, instead. Also, the side door was broken, which I would think would be a fire hazard, and the ice machine was broken as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake? Share your experiences!