“It's a 2 or 3 star hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center

You added Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1810 Bell Street, Houston, TX 77003 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #116 of 455 Hotels in Houston
“It's a 2 or 3 star hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location is excelent, but I was not impressed with the quality of the hotel. I would not stay here again if is left up to me. The breakfast was okay in the morning, but the room is below par in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear truballer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that our location was suitable for your needs. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the quality of our property. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

At first, I was hesitant to book a room but had to stay here because of a Convention at the George R. Brown Convention Center. But I must admit, for the price at which this hotel is available, the hotel is fantastic. I was amazed as I have not seen any other Holiday Inn hotel as good as this. Rooms very clean, Service was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. They have a huge parking. Its really a good and clean Hotel. I would definitely stay there again if I visit Houston for any Exhibition or Convention.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I got this hotel on Hotwire for an excellent price. The hotel is fairly hidden and somewhat hard to find, but it has easy access to the highway and I never had a problem with traffic.
Rooms are spacious with a mini fridge, microwave, and 2 free bottles of water. Bathrooms have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, nail files, cotton balls, etc. They even had makeup remover wipes for women, which I really appreciated.
I didn't have any trouble with the free wifi. Check in was a breeze and they let me in my room 3 hours early. Work out room is decent - few cardio machines and free weights. Breakfast is your typical buffet - eggs, waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee, etc. They had cookies daily at 4pm, a great business center in the lobby, and the staff was more than happy to answer any questions.
Free parking was also a plus, however it's outdoor parking outside the hotel (not covered) and I wouldn't leave any of my valuables in my car. The area can be a little sketchy, but that's just downtown Houston in general.
I travel to Houston 12-15 times a year for work and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went to Houston for the Yesus tour/concert. Most convent location At a fair price. Facility is older clean but needs renovation. Staff is friendly and helpful and the free parking is a big plus, and the food desert makes knowing what you want very important

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Ronald W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our friendly and helpful staff, complimentary parking facility and quality of food. It is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that we fell short of your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for NBA AllStar Weekend in February. This Inn Surprised me! The hotel provides free parking which was a huge plus during this particular weekend. In addition, it's walking distance from all the sporting venues in downtown Houston. Moreover, they serve breakfast in the mornings and leave goodies in a display by the elevators. My room was equipped with complimentary internet and 2 comfy queen beds. The staff was accommodating and we're more than helpful with directions and insight about entertainment and places to avoid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ines G, Guest services Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I am really happy that you had a Fantastic Experience with us, with our property, our staff and all the extras we offer all our valuable guests... we await your return!!!
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am kind of embarrassed to reviewing so many Holiday Inns. Due to lack of availability of hotel rooms in all of Houston, I had little choice and booked with a known brand. Now I know why it was available. The location is close to downtown but in an area that is completely desolate and void of any entertainment. The appeared to go through a "forced" transformation into a newly remodeled Holiday Inn (like the new ones) but fell significantly short. Common area was ok, but fitness facility equipment was broken, the belt on a treadmill like ice (dangerous). The elevator is dark as is the rooms. Quality of finishes in the rooms poor, just painted over. Room smelled damp. The walls are very thin and sounded like someone was jumping on the ceiling like Super 8 quality.

The only good things I can say is free wifi and bed was nice...love the soft pillow.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear JTCFIA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the common areas of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Really rude and unhelpful staff. The hotel manager cannot be bothered to address your concerns, and the front desk manager is completely unsympathetic. I travel a lot for business and have never experienced such rude service. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear ssm17,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our service and facilities are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret you found the level of service you received, less than satisfactory. Your comments are certainly very troubling. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to assure you that this will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us your feedback.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Houston-Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!