“I came, I saw, I left :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park

You added Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now! Rates from $109
Ranked #27 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Toronto, Canada
“I came, I saw, I left :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Came in for the weekend so it was a fast stay - very nice hotel, clean rooms, reasonable breakfast. The only part of the stay I didn't like was the area in the city, there wasn't a lot you could do without driving. However, if you don't mind a little exercise - you can walk to the Astrodome and the transit system train style a block away (clean and safe) and thn you can take the train into downtown - quick and efficient - enjoyed that trip - had lunch in the Hilton downtown that was good too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear John C.

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments on reference your stay and our city as well, we are glad to know that our service and amenities were perfect for you and that you have a good stay even that our location in the city wasn't great. We are hoping to see you on the near future! please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your service at 713.797.0040 or at Mayra.Rascon@hilton.com

Mayra Rascon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We always try to stay here on our visits to MDAnderson and this trip everything worked out. Only 3 minute drive from the Clark building at MDA where we get care. Another benefit is that it's right next door to a Luby's cafeteria which has a good meal selection for a decent price. Hotel is also close to the major freeways (610, 59, and I-45)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Charles C,

We're thilled to see that we earned a 5 star rating and we THANK YOU for your loyalty and most definally are looking to be at your service on your next visit please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance during your next stay at mayra.rascon@hilton.com or at 713.797.0040

Mayra Rascon
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute trip for us. My husband had an appointment at MD Anderson. I called the hotel directly and made reservations over the phone. We were able to get a discount due to the medical nature of our visit.

Was told on the phone that we could get 2 double beds and a rollaway. Our daughter grown daughter was going to be traveling with us. As we are use to sleeping in a king size bed, we thought we could each have a bed and we would all sleep better. The guy on the phone said it was no problem with the rollaway and that there was not even an extra charge. At this point I am thinking "win-win". We can all sleep good and only have to get one room.

Arrived on a Sunday afternoon around 5. The young man who checked me in, was just kind of there going through the motions. Felt like he could care less if I was there or not. When I inquired about the rollaway, the drama started. Was told it was against fire code to put a rollaway in a double room. I am ok with that. But why was I told differently on the phone. Not once did this guy apologize for the error of his co-worker. He just acted like hey, it is no big deal. He then said he could give me a room that had a pull out. But it was going to be an extra $20 charge. At this point, we had been driving for 4 hours and I just wanted to get to a room and relax. So I said sure, upgrade my room with the pull out.

The room was nothing to get excited about it. It looked a little tired and worn. The real disappointment came when I daughter tried to lay down on the pull out. What a joke. She is not a tall girl about 5'6". She had to lay diagonally on this mattress (I use that term generously) so her feet would not hang off. Needless to say she did not have a very restful night.

Had planned on staying for 2 nights but instead checked out. When I went to check out the next morning, the staff really acted like I was a pain and was more interested in catching up with each other.

The price of this hotel for me was really not worth it. Our next trip to MD Anderson, we will find other lodging options. The cost could of been tolerable if the service had matched the price.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear jackkip,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that our customer service was not up to your standards.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Feel free to contact me direct at 713.797.0040 or at mayra.rascon@hilton.com

Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stay at this hotel everytime we go to Houston for treatment at M.D. Anderson. The rooms are sooo clean and the staff is the most helpful and friendly that I have ever experienced. From the manager to the shuttle driver, the staff have always known how to make our stay exceptional. I tried to stay at another hotel once and immediately regretted that decision. We will only stay here as long as they have a vacancy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Teresa p,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments they're all well appreciated and is always good to know that we provide you with an exceptional service and that our accommodations were clean and fresh. Must definably are looking forward to see you again, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your service at Mayra.Rascon@hilton.com or at 713.797.0040

Boerne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a great staff and hotel. I highly recommend this hotel. They have a great continental breakfast with eggs, sausage, fruit, juice, cereal, oatmeal waffle making machine .... Staff always smiling and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MAYRAR367, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Terry A,

Thank you for your 5 star review I'm glad to know that our staff and amenities make extremely satisfy during your stay and that you will refer us to your friends. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be at your service.

Montgomery, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a nice hotel and convenient to Reliant Park. We stayed here during the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. The staff is very nice. The rooms are comfortable. We stayed in one of the rooms that had a little kitchenette. I have stayed here before and I don't remember the other room having one so I believe they have different types of rooms (depending on your needs). Parking is behind a secured fence which not only makes you feel a little safer, but assures that you can find a parking space.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kristy D,

Thank you for this great review we appreciate you taking the time of sharing your comments, we're happy to know that our friendly service and amenities work out perfect during your visit to the Houston Livestock Rodeo and we're definaly looking forward to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were down for follow up visits at MD Anderson Cancer Center. Hotel was very convenient and had a shuttle that could take us and pick us up from our appointments. The rooms were big and the bed was very comfortable - luxury linens - loved those! Breakfast buffet was excellent - lots of choices of hot and cold foods and some variety each day. They also have an afternoon "happy hour" with snacks...that was nice as well. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and the lobby and rooms were kept very clean. Only downside was the price was up the week we were there due to the Rodeo being in town. But all the other hotels had increased their rates as well. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park? Share your experiences!