“Central Unit didnt work to my liking.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park

You added Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park to your Saves list
Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1715 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77054   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save!
Ranked #34 of 469 Hotels in Houston
Moore, Oklahoma
“Central Unit didnt work to my liking.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The arrival took longer than it should, I waited about five min before the rep came to the desk. It was the day before Houston and Cin playoffs surprisingly not as busy as you would expect. The rep was very kind and helpful. Check-in was quick. Room appears to be in nice condition. I like the decor and style of the room. I can live without the lime green colors in the hall but not a big deal. Bed was soft and comfortable. Microwave and fridge in the room was also clean, fridge was cool. Bathroom was clean, linens were clean.
Sounds all good! Well the pillows were not comfortable, they were flat, reminded me of my grandmothers old feather pillows, where one end has all the feathers and you are constantly adjusting the pillows.
My biggest negative issue was the central air unit. It advertised the room has an auto temperature guaranteeing the perfect room temp, but it was either too hot or too cold. The fan did not stay on. It had an option for auto and on, but both worked the same. I need some kind of fan noise running and normally hotels rooms have those options but this didnt. Thats my biggest complaint because fan noise ensures I sleep well, as silly as it sounds.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear mljhnsn,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the pillows and central air unit. Your comments have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

“At Hampton we love having you here”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was everything the reviews had said it would. Great location, close to medical center, and restaurants. The shuttle came on time when I called them. Everyone was very professional. The breakfast food was great, sometimes not as hot as I like it but overall great choices. It is also near the metro rail. Next time I will try that out to the hospitals.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. We are so glad to hear your stay with us was great! Yes, we do believe are location is perfect for any type of travel to the Houston area. We really enjoyed having you here with us and can't wait to see you again!

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn is becoming my go-to hotel chain. This hotel was conveniently located near the VA medical center. Hotel and room were quiet, clean, and well-stocked. Hotel felt safe.
My first time in Houston, I got lost on the way to the hotel. When I phoned the front desk from my cell, I received very patient, helpful directions to the door. Each of the staff I interacted with were helpful, professional, and courteous.
In addition to the great breakfast, there were a few complimentary snacks in the lobby when I arrived in the evening.
I used the complimentary shuttle to and from the VA- this was a great, convenient service! The shuttle also stopped at the other medical centers in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. My staff and I were so pleased that we are your go-to hotel chain! We really enjoyed having you here with us and can't wait to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay.I would recommend your Hotel to others.Because my room was on the first floor next to an elevator,there was a lot of noise of people coming and going.This is understanable and I don't know what can be done about it,since people have to come and people have to go.However,I do not see this as a reason for not using your Hotel again.I do not know how someone else might feel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! Thank you for dealing with the noise but we don't expect you to have too. Please contact the front desk and can move you to a different room. My staff will be pleased when they read your comments! Hope to see you again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overall fair stay but I was really upset when hearing incessant and vigorous knocks on the door from the housekeeping while I was taking a shower in bathroom at 12:30 pm on my checkout day. This was despite the fact that I had been granted a 2 pm late checkout. If you have permitted your guest to check out late, leave the guest alone until the late checkout time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. I always enjoy hearing from our guests and I am very sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. I have taken your comments to our team to correct the late checkout issue. It seems there was some miscommunication between the front desk and housekeeping. The next time you have the chance to travel back to the area. I do hope that you will be our guest again.

At your service,

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

i stayed at the hotel for the game on last weekend and i must admit the service was very professional up-to par! The young african american lady at the front desk was very professional and friendly! She answered each and every question i threw at her (i got on her nerves). The rooms were very clean, smelled fresh and i love the new decor! I will definantly recommend this hotel to family when they travel to houston for any reasomn.THe biscuits and gravy were extremely good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Houston Medical Center - Reliant Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your graceful comments about your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Medical Center-Reliant Park. The staff was very pleased to read your review. We hope to see you in the future for business or leisure. Go Texans!!

At your service,

Michael Giangrosso
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend of 9/28/2012 as we were going to the Texans' game vs Tennessee on 9/30. The location was ideal - quick drive to and from the airport - walking distance to the stadium and a quick drive (or walk) to restaurants, target, grocery stores, etc. Luby's restaurant right next door was convenient.
In addition to proximity to the stadium, everything to like about this hotel - it was CLEAN and smelled clean and the breakfast, albeit crowded! was great. I liked the little "sweets shop" next to the front desk with beverages, candy, ice cream and microwaveable meals, snacks, etc.
The front desk staff were very professional, but not exactly warm and friendly - not once did we get a "hello" or a smile on our many ins and outs of the hotel...even when no one was in the lobby! So that was odd and really was the only negative, we can certainly live with that as everthing else was great.
If we make it back to Houston, we will stay here again!
GO TEXANS!

Room Tip: We didn't specify a non-adjoining room so we ended up with one. A little noisy but we managed. N...