“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Las Vegas, NV
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

We were very happy with this property. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful & and the price was very reasonable since it was a Friday night.

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

When arriving at the hotel they ran my credit card and charged a higher rate then they quoted on the phone. After waiting for that correction I proceed to my room and the card key did not work. I had to go back down so they could key the card properly. When entering the room I turned on the TV but the remote batteries were not working. Then I used the bathroom and on the first flush the toliet was clogged. It is October and I noticed the clock was still an hour behind since the time had changed in April. So I called the front desk and asked for a wake up call which came 20 minutes late the next morning. However, the late wakeup call was not an issue since I did not sleep most of the night listening to the air conditioner make a horrible noise each time it came on. This was my first and my last stay in this hotel.

Stayed October 2007
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I use travelocity to help choose places to stay, so when I read the reviews about this hotel I thought it was a safe bet for a good night's sleep.

Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way. Here are some reasons why sleep eluded me:

1. The AC was extremely noisy. This wouldn't normally be a problem, constant white noise helps me sleep. The issue is that the AC would cut on and off every 10 minutes or so. I don't know why it was cutting off in the first place, the room never got as cold as we set the thermostat to. It would come on with loud, clanging and rumbling noises and cut off with a similar noise. So, everytime it turned on and off I would wake up.

I finally had to turn it off and suffer in the muggy warmth of the room, a condition I do not sleep well in either.

2. The walls, ceilings, and floors do not block noise. I could here everything from a toilet flush to a cough. In the early morning hours I could have joined in any of serveral conversations I could hear going on. Don't get me wrong these people weren't being loud or carrying on, they were engaged in normal conversation, I shouldn't be able to hear normal conversation.

There were other major dissapointments too:

1. Water pressure in the shower was a joke. Not enough pressure to get conditioner out of hair.

2. Bathroom looked like those found in hospitals. The cabinet was horribly utilitarian - a pepto pink laminate covered block.

3. The sink had a slow drain.

4. Cheap toilet paper, rough sheets....Need I go on?

Ok, I will. The hotel's public areas (lobby etc) were not very clean. I don't know how clean the elevators are because we never had enough patience to wait for one to arrive. It is only a five story building but the elevators were always MIA.

With tax I paid $93.60 for this nights stay. For $10 or $15 more I could have stayed at a Hilton or Marriot. This facility is not worth more than about $50.00, if we wanted budget surroundings we could have stayed at a Super 8.

I do not reccomend this hotel.

• Liked — It was close to the theatre we attended.
  • Disliked — Lack of noise insulation.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

I stayed here on business. the rooms are roomy, beds clean and comfy, and staff friendly.
Bathroom needed updating; tiny sink with hardly any counter-space. The ceiling in the bathroom was spotty with lots of patches.
My biggest disappointment was the exercise equipment. I checked pics on the hampton website, and it looked OK, but ALL the equipment was broken, dirty, and unusable except for one treadmill.

Internet worked great.

• Liked — BEDS/BEDDING!!
  • Disliked — Bathroom & exercise equipment
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Effingham, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

We planned to stay for 5 nights but only stayed one. The room was pretty. Bathroom was nice. The bed was extremely comfortable to both my husband and I which is rare. However the walls are very thin. We could hear far to much from the rooms around us. My hearing is not the best so this is something that doesn't happen to me often. However, the room on the opposite side of our headboard alarm clock went off at 5am and shortly thereafter the phone rang nonstop til after 9. When their alarm went off my husband was trying to turn the clock off in our room it was so loud. After breakfast the front desk offered to move us to another room later in the afternoon. We asked to see the room but they said we wouldn't be able to see to room before the housekeepers were done it would be a couple hours. We didn't want to wait because we had plans for the rest of the day. So we checked out.

• Liked — breakfast / bed
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hill Country Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

I have stayed at many Hampton Inn's and this Katy/I-10 West location is one of the best!

Everything was perfect, including their very Texas friendly staff!

3 great restaurants next to hotel and is located close to very popular Westchase and Galleria areas.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2004

This is a very clean and well maintained Hampton Inn. It is actually in a fairly quiet location in a nice part of town.

Been to Hampton Inn Houston - I-10W, Energy Cor? Share your experiences!