“Economical with easy Airport access, would stay somewhere else next time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Houston

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #173 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Economical with easy Airport access, would stay somewhere else next time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were looking for a hotel to stay at due to a missed flight and chose this one because it was close to the airport, had a shuttle, and a continental breakfast. It suited our purpose, but I must say they need to clean their carpets as well as their bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMParkInn, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Houston, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear JLMiller69,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments about your recent stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at The Baymont Inn & Suites North Houston we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the cleanliness issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Victor Morgenroth
vmorgenroth@parkinnhoustonnorth.com
Hotel: 281.931.0101
Fax: 281.931.4924

By Wyndham Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Naperville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We waited 45 minutes for a shuttle to get to the hotel. Finally took a cab. I tried numerouse times to find out what was going on and the front desk clerk was rude (3/30/2013 evening). No customer service skills. Thank goodness for Francine who calmed our nerves and took care of us. She made the horrible initial experience a little better. This review would have been POOR if not for her. Thanks Francine!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Earlier this week I spent a night at the Baymont Inn and Suites Houston. The inn is located nearby Houston airport and has an hourly shuttle beginning at 4am. There is a complimentary breakfast. There are lots of options in this area and I would recommend that Tripadvisors consider them before booking at the Baymont Inn and Suites for several reasons. First, the room in which I stayed was very disappointing. The closet was broken. The room was not clean. The pillows were terrible-I was genuinely surprised that the hotel was using them. Second, the shuttle service was extremely slow. I waited more than an hour at the airport for a shuttle that had room to transport passengers to the hotel. Third, the service at checkout and on the phone (when I asked for a shuttle to the hotel) was unpleasant. For these three reasons, I will not consider staying at a Baymont property in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMParkInn, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Houston, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Ms. 849Susan-

Thank you for taking the time to forward your comments about your recent stay.

On behalf of our entire staff at The Baymont Inn & Suites North Houston we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the problems you encountered on your recent stay with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Victor Morgenroth
vmorgenroth@parkinnhoustonnorth.com
Hotel: 281.931.0101
Fax: 281.931.4924

By Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Blair, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

On Wednesday 3/6/13 we were on a flight that was overbooked and were referred into this hotel by United. We had never stayed at a Baymont before and so were unsure what to expect. When we arrived at the hotel by shuttle, there were about 30 people waiting to check in as another flight had been cancelled. The girl at the desk ( I think her name was Sue) was awesome. I felt sorry for her, she said she was alone, she was trying to check in all these people, answer the phone, take reservations and answer questions. However, she was so sweet, calm and friendly. She was doing her best to accomadate everyone very efficently. She informed everyone (many hadn't eaten and it was getting late, that the hote restuarant would be closing soon and that if some wanted to go eat, she could check them in later (several took her up on that). I did have one concern however. Even though she said she was alone, there was a couple with a complaint and then she called a supervisor - where was that supervisor when it got busy and why did the desk person feel she could not call her for hep? My husband has a bad knee, unable to do stairs and there were no elevators. She was able to get us in a first floor room.
When we finally go to our room, it was VERY clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. We had gotten a package of toileteries from United, but since we had not expected to spend the night, there were a few things we needed, She arranged to have the shuttle take me to a nearby Walmart to get the things we needed. The shuttle driver was great and even waited for me.. The next morning we had a great breakfast at the resturant next door.. We are use to staying in 4-5 star hotels, but this was actually a very good experience and I was impressed at how nice everything and everyone was!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DALLAS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

awful first impression. called hotel for shuttle pick up at 8:51 PM, was told driver is at terminal C and will pick me up in 5-10 minutes. no one showed up. called hotel at 9:18 inquiring again, was put on hold for 4 minutes and then operator hung up on me, called again asking why she hung up, and I was put on hold for 8 more minutes, until a arrogant, disrespectful, driver named Kevin or Calvin showed up at 9:36 to pick me up, and when asked him why he is late,began arguing with me, saying that he was at the airport but no one was there to be picked up, and going on on how he speaks five different languages, and how smart he is, and that he comes from a Mexican Lebanese family attempting to become friendly to excuse his ignorance of guests waiting to be picked up while he was goofing around the hotel eating his dinner. two other guest were also waiting to be picked up and taken to their sister motel Park Inn next door. at check in the front desk employee was consumed with her jewelry and manicure, while entering the guest names one letter at a time, and paying more attention to her friends standing at the desk rather than the guest trying to check in. I stood there at the desk for about 10 minutes before I was checked in. before check out I asked to speak to him but was told he is not available.

the next day wrote to the headquarters who referred my message to the GM, but he did not call as instructed. three days later after 6:30 pm he sends an e mail saying he is sorry for what happened and he has discussed this with his staff without more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two children for one night because we wanted a place close to the airport on our last day of vacation in Texas. After reading the mixed reviews, I did not expect much. I paid a very budget price for the room.
Check in took half an hour during the evening because there was only one girl at the front desk, a family ahead of us, more people coming into the lobby, and the shuttle man shouts to her from the doorway that a flight was cancelled, so he might be bringing 30 people over. Needless to say, the front desk attendant was stressed, and not in a friendly mood. When prompted for a wait-time, she responded that that she "was very busy and was the only one (checking people in)." We could do nothing but wait.
I walked about the lobby. There was a indoor/outdoor pool that looked very nice lit up at night.
After receiving our room card, we carried our bags up a floor and settled in. The room was large, clean, had towels, and toiletries. It was just perfect for what we needed.
I didn't understand the bad reviews. This was a 2-2.5 star hotel and it was very nice.
We all slept great. there was no neighbor noise. we received our early wake up call in the morning, and after a hot shower, headed down to the lobby for breakfast.

Breakfast was coffee, milk, juice, water, yogurt, oranges, texas waffles that you make yourself, donuts, bagels and dry cereal. That was all complimentary. The tables were kept clean by the housekeeping staff that was present.
My only complaint was that the garbage bins were all full, so it would be to the housekeepers' benefit to empty them more often, so trash didn't fall on the floor. Perhaps the hotel could invest in large bins?
The breakfast staff could also be a little more outgoing, engaging and friendlier.
It would be nice to hear "Good morning" from staff, especially when leaving from vacation to get on a long plane ride home.
Upon leaving, we did receive a smile and a "hope you enjoyed your stay" from one morning desk staff. I should have asked her for her first name. because she deserved a nice mention.
Yes, it seems the staff except for one could use hospitality lessons.
But for the price we paid for the night, this hotel exceeded our expectations. It wasn't a 4 star stay, and wasn't supposed to be... it was just fine for us.

Room Tip: The upper floor if you want to carry your luggage upstairs is quieter. There are no elevators, so i...