Ratings are subjective, and I suppose based on expectations. I would have given this place a rating of two stars were it not for my low expectations. As a $40 room for two people close to the airport, it probably deserves an average rating. If you've booked and are reading this, don't panic - it is not unlivable for one night.
The positive points:
- a large sized room
- appeared superficially clean, clean bedsheets etc
- quiet area
- adequate free breakfast
- shower is powerful and hot
- shuttle to the airport got us there free of charge and on time. It was cheaper to stay here and take the shuttle than to stay on the other side of Houston and get a taxi.
- swimming pool (though we didn't use it) looked okay
The negative points:
- dated, worn and damaged furniture, old fashioned decor
- mold in the bathroom, behind peeling paper
- carpets stained more than average
- patio doors open onto car park, didn't open them but appeared flimsy and single glazed, was a little worried security wise,
- reception staff - although reasonably friendly and helpful - very busy, one lady fielding about 7 phone calls during our check in process
- wifi was slow and incredibly sketchy - I've not had this problem in other chain motels
- don't make a big fuss on all your promotional materials about there being a wafflemaker at breakfast when there isn't going to be one. Soggy eggy bread was the closest to hot food offered. There was one member of staff trying to insinuate we were all in her way around the breakfast bar. She reprimanded me for not using her filthy (yellow goo covered) tongs for picking up the bread to make toast. I pointed this out to her and she stormed off - I wasn't intending to be rude, but they were gross.
- the safety instructions on the back of the door are on yellowing paper which has previously displayed an alternative name for the premises, over which there is correction fluid and a Baymont Inn sticker. This backs up the statement that the place is independently operated by the door. Baymont may lend its name and the reassurance of it having basic qualities of a chain hotel, but in reality it is a slightly grubby motel.
We only stayed one night, and it was adequate but I feel there is probably much nicer accommodation around for a similar price, especially if you're willing to fore go the free breakfast, free wifi or free shuttle. If I was the manager I would deep clean the place and give a little attention to a few small touches that would make it look a lot fresher - and more inviting. First impressions count, so maybe you need more than one person on the check in desk!
Average - good enough for one night, but I wouldn't want to stay any longer. If I needed to I would stay here again myself, but I would be embarrassed to recommend it to a friend.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.