“know ahead of time what you are getting” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 West Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, TX 77042   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #258 of 455 Hotels in Houston
San Diego, California
“know ahead of time what you are getting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

came to houston for a quick 4-day 3-night trip. got this hotel from PL, retailed at more than $100, got it much lesser than half. stayed on 4th floor, #404. non-smoking floor with non-smoking room.

good - location central, for the ones who like chinese food and shopping, this hotel is only 2.5 miles away. good value with the rate i paid, spacious room with kitchen. friendly staff.

ok - hotel definitely old style w popcorn ceiling. kitchen equipment old, no kitchen utensil, unlike some hotels with kitchen and utensils already provided. small flat tv, probably 30", if you enjoy watching tv from your bed, this is not going to happen for you. lobby simple, stress on simple. breakfast items, stress on minimal (coffee, b'fast bar, package muffin and some fruit)

bad - stepped out of the elevator, foul smell with combination of cigarette smoke/damp mold hit you right in the face. ac unit does not cool, if you like your room on the cooler side, not happening. also ac unit right next to bed, so going to be noisy all night. shower is the worst, minimal water pressure, u can rinse for 10 minutes and feels not yet taking a shower. bathroom amenities minimal, the towels feel like bought from 0.99 store. remember, extend stay does not have maid service everyday.

so if you plan to stay here, don't you even think about paying over $65 as there's many other choices nearby. just know what you are getting into.

Room Tip: check the room shower water pressure, check air conditioning if you like the room on the cooler side...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

They changed my rate after one week to a higher weekly rate after I had reserved to stay from July 7 to Aug 13 (and was eligible for the monthly rate, which I got for the first week). Once I realized the problem I spoke to the person at the front desk who apologized and assured me that he would fix the problem. Two days later I received a letter under my door asking to me to acknowledge that my rate had changed to a higher one. Once again I went down to the front desk and tried to get it resolved. I was told at that point that it was fixed. A week later I went in my own volition to recheck the rate (with a third person at the front desk). Once again I was assured that my rate was back to where it should have been and that overcharges had been reversed. A month later I checked out and saw in my statement that for the week in question (2nd week of my stay), that i was inexplicably charged the higher rate. This time I took it to the manager who apologized and promised to fix it. I called again yesterday and she said she would look at it. As it stands I've checked out one week ago and still have not been refunded the overpayment they charged me. There were a few staff members that were very helpful and friendly, their wifi worked well, location was great with food and amenities very close by, the breakfast to go was good, but I absolutely couldn't recommend anyone to stay here. They recognize that they made a mistake with my bill (which, if I wasn't as careful as I was, would've gone undetected), and yet despite several attempts on my part, nothing has been done to fix it!!

• Stayed July 2014
Lehigh Acres
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stay away, Stay far away.
This place is a dump , plain and simple.
The guy at the front desk was the only thing pleasant about this place.
There was a fist hole in my door, which was not repaired.
Stains on floor and the room smelled.
Stay away from this place !

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE, is the best tip I can give
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The main reason we chose to stay at this hotel was because of the location and price. Upon arriving we could tell that the hotel was a bit "run down". The staff and management seem to take little pride in the presentation and cleanliness of the property. Those are the only problems. Security is totally lacking and most of the stuff is rude and incompetent.

Cleanliness:
Your room only receives a cleaning if you request or stay a certain amount of nights, which is fine. But the rest of the hotel? The carpets were a mess, the elevator floor was dirty and the trash room door was left open at all times.

Security:
The sign on the front door specifically states after 11 you need to use your key to get into the hotel. While this hotel isn't in a bad area, it's also not great. However the door was never locked after 11 so anyone could just walk in. My other issue with security was the lack there of when requesting a new room key. I had to do this a number of times because my key was always deactivated. Never once was I asked to verify my ID to get a new key.

Incompetence of Staff:
This was 100% the worst part of our trip. We checked in on a Tuesday around 8pm and Wednesday around noon we were asked to move rooms because of pre-scheduled carpet replacement. How does the staff not realize this is happening and check us into the original room? We had already unpacked and settled in to the room and now we had to move. I called to report this to the corporate office and they said they would have management contact me. Needless to say I never heard back.

I've stayed at other Extended Stay American hotels and they were wonderful. I'm not sure what happened to this one, but I would recommend never staying there. There is another location about a mile down the street. Next time I'll spend the extra money and stay there.

Boerne, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Be careful what you ask for, this place is not for the weak of stomach. Good location but awful inside. Cigarette burns throughout the room, furniture falling apart, "We only provide kitchen ware on request" at an Extended Stay. Really. Will not be staying there ever again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Outside looks nice and well kept,but when you walk in it's another story!! It was my Birthday wanted to get away for a day..Big mistake I was ready to go home within hours. Just could not get Comfortable.Elevator broken rooms stuffy bathroom not welcoming.

• Stayed July 2014
Winnsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Was plesantly supprised when I arrived the manager greeted me and made me feel at home .The entire staff went out of their way too see that I had everything that I needed.My room was very clean with A nice kitchen good tv selection internet that was fast and flawless.For the price you simply can't beat it Thanks staff at extended stay weschase richmond. James spicer

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond? Share your experiences!