“Great hotel to stay in, perfect location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 West Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, TX 77042   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #279 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great hotel to stay in, perfect location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed for 1 night during our xmas vacation. There is a kitchenette in all rooms, and the beds are comfortable. It's perfectly located. The staff is very friendly as well. Good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Jason, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I am not sure what hotel everyone else is rating. This hotel is not quite a dive but it is not far away from it. This is the kind of hotel where you debate sleeping in your clothes before deciding that its not too bad. A five star rating is a hotel that makes you amazed you are staying in such a nice place

This hotel is good value for the money but that is about where the good part stops. No business center, no exercise room, no breakfast and the wifi is only free if you can stand waiting forever. If you want to stay in this part of Houston for < 100 this is a OK choice

• Stayed December 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that out rating didn't meet your expectations and no business center or exercise room. We have recently started a Grab N Go breakfast which includes coffee, oatmeal, hot chocolate, muffins and breakfast bars. In response to your feedback, I am re-training all of the staff on proper cleaning, maintenance and guest service. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at hws@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ive been here a while it's very clean the staff is courteous and helpful I'm enjoying my stay . I really appreciate the grab n go breakfast in the morning coffee is great and I would recommend this place to my friends . Thanks

• Stayed November 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean and our staff courteous and helpful staff. I am happy that you enjoyed our new Grab N Go breakfast which includes coffee, tea, oatmeal, breakfast bars, fruit an d hot chocolate. Thank you again for your review and I truly appreciate your opinion of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tomball,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I So enjoyed my Stay - It was a wonderful experience to have my own lil kitchenette available.
I set at the lil table and used your WiFi to do my paperwork. Went down to get Ice and Room was clean and well Kept also.
Room was clean and fresh , my bedspread looked new and was very attractive. The Staff
was very nice and polite and made you feel so Welcome upon check- In. I also noticed upon pulling in that the grounds were nicely maintained. Would Recommend to my friends and will also use other locations in the future.

Room Tip: Loved the Kitchenette.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the kitchenette including the kitchen table. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities at the hotel including the ice machine, WIFI and guest laundry. I am very pleased that the hotel and staff meet and exceeded your expectations during your stay!! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Antonio, TX.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Arrival

I checked in on my reserved Non-smoking suite and I was told... “we do not have a non-smoking room available at this moment...” Even though I had a printed confirmation of the reservation (done through their website). “We cannot guarantee the availability of rooms.” This should have served as an indication of what I could expect. I told them I would come back the next day.

Next day... a room was ready. I thought we were off to a good start and was happy, seeing that the hotel was going through a minor renovation phase (new outdoor sign, new bed covers, new lamp screens, and quick grab n’ go breakfast). This happiness was slowly replaced with indifference and lack of expectation.

Housekeeping and service

You get a weekly housekeeping to your room, in my case scheduled for Sundays. I travel on the weekends and come back Sunday night to find my room as I left it on Friday. This has occurred so far on 3 occasions.

The first time, I talked with Jose at the front and he was promptly scheduled it for the next day.

The second time I talked to another person and he scheduled the cleaning for Monday. Since this was the second time, I thought I might as well call them at noon to make sure they do it. I Spoke to the same person and he assured me it was going to get done. Came back that night to find my room had not been taken care of. I went to the reception to bring this to their attention, Josie this time (Admin. General Mgr.) attended my complain and assured me it would be taken care of.
Tuesday comes by and I come to find: surprise! your room is still not clean. This time I was mad that no one cared. I went to the front to talk with Josie and she apologized several times about it. She wrote: “Housekeeping on Room xx must be done, do not forget”.
Wednesday: I get a call at work at 5pm, it was Josie letting me know that the cleaning staff was still on the premises and my room was about to get cleaned. That night my room was serviced.

The third time... I was not surprised. I didn’t even bothered to tell front desk about it. I was tired since I was coming back from a trip. The next day I told Jose about it. Today I will be more surprised to find my room done rather than undone again. I have no expectations for this place anymore.

Overall, if you enjoy coming to an unclean room every now and then, guests keeping the side security doors unlocked using a small rock blocking the automatic closure, as well as receiving mail for another person inside your room, then... this hotel is perfect.

About the purpose of my visit

Business. 2 Month stay. The company that I work for is located in the Westchase area. HR made the reservation for this hotel, since I was staying on another Hotel down the road that did not include the amenities for staying more than a week.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the ones to go with, elevator is slow, and third floor is smoking only.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The lack of housekeeping on your scheduled day and proper follow up you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being re-trained on proper housekeeping procedures and ensuring that every room is cleaned on the scheduled housekeeping day. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bschwab@extendedstay.com. We are glad that you continue to give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay at our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay there and would be glad to visit again the house keeping was good so was the manangement i had not one complaint the size of my room was comfortable i am on my third week here and i am enjoying every moment of my stay i have stayed at a number of hotels over the past year and this ine is at the top i guess thats why i stayed so long

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this place. I have been here before and their customer service skills have been awesome. Rooms are big, spacious, clean, and very cold ac something we need in the summer time like this. You are always welcomed with a warm welcoming, smiling faces. It also has nice landscaping that is constantly being done and taken care of. This is definitely a place to vacation at

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Candice - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond? Share your experiences!