You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3200 West Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, TX 77042   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #278 of 468 Hotels in Houston
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ive been here a while it's very clean the staff is courteous and helpful I'm enjoying my stay . I really appreciate the grab n go breakfast in the morning coffee is great and I would recommend this place to my friends . Thanks

• Stayed November 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean and our staff courteous and helpful staff. I am happy that you enjoyed our new Grab N Go breakfast which includes coffee, tea, oatmeal, breakfast bars, fruit an d hot chocolate. Thank you again for your review and I truly appreciate your opinion of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tomball,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I So enjoyed my Stay - It was a wonderful experience to have my own lil kitchenette available.
I set at the lil table and used your WiFi to do my paperwork. Went down to get Ice and Room was clean and well Kept also.
Room was clean and fresh , my bedspread looked new and was very attractive. The Staff
was very nice and polite and made you feel so Welcome upon check- In. I also noticed upon pulling in that the grounds were nicely maintained. Would Recommend to my friends and will also use other locations in the future.

Room Tip: Loved the Kitchenette.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the kitchenette including the kitchen table. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities at the hotel including the ice machine, WIFI and guest laundry. I am very pleased that the hotel and staff meet and exceeded your expectations during your stay!! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
San Antonio, TX.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Arrival

I checked in on my reserved Non-smoking suite and I was told... “we do not have a non-smoking room available at this moment...” Even though I had a printed confirmation of the reservation (done through their website). “We cannot guarantee the availability of rooms.” This should have served as an indication of what I could expect. I told them I would come back the next day.

Next day... a room was ready. I thought we were off to a good start and was happy, seeing that the hotel was going through a minor renovation phase (new outdoor sign, new bed covers, new lamp screens, and quick grab n’ go breakfast). This happiness was slowly replaced with indifference and lack of expectation.

Housekeeping and service

You get a weekly housekeeping to your room, in my case scheduled for Sundays. I travel on the weekends and come back Sunday night to find my room as I left it on Friday. This has occurred so far on 3 occasions.

The first time, I talked with Jose at the front and he was promptly scheduled it for the next day.

The second time I talked to another person and he scheduled the cleaning for Monday. Since this was the second time, I thought I might as well call them at noon to make sure they do it. I Spoke to the same person and he assured me it was going to get done. Came back that night to find my room had not been taken care of. I went to the reception to bring this to their attention, Josie this time (Admin. General Mgr.) attended my complain and assured me it would be taken care of.
Tuesday comes by and I come to find: surprise! your room is still not clean. This time I was mad that no one cared. I went to the front to talk with Josie and she apologized several times about it. She wrote: “Housekeeping on Room xx must be done, do not forget”.
Wednesday: I get a call at work at 5pm, it was Josie letting me know that the cleaning staff was still on the premises and my room was about to get cleaned. That night my room was serviced.

The third time... I was not surprised. I didn’t even bothered to tell front desk about it. I was tired since I was coming back from a trip. The next day I told Jose about it. Today I will be more surprised to find my room done rather than undone again. I have no expectations for this place anymore.

Overall, if you enjoy coming to an unclean room every now and then, guests keeping the side security doors unlocked using a small rock blocking the automatic closure, as well as receiving mail for another person inside your room, then... this hotel is perfect.

About the purpose of my visit

Business. 2 Month stay. The company that I work for is located in the Westchase area. HR made the reservation for this hotel, since I was staying on another Hotel down the road that did not include the amenities for staying more than a week.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the ones to go with, elevator is slow, and third floor is smoking only.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The lack of housekeeping on your scheduled day and proper follow up you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being re-trained on proper housekeeping procedures and ensuring that every room is cleaned on the scheduled housekeeping day. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bschwab@extendedstay.com. We are glad that you continue to give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay at our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I enjoyed my stay there and would be glad to visit again the house keeping was good so was the manangement i had not one complaint the size of my room was comfortable i am on my third week here and i am enjoying every moment of my stay i have stayed at a number of hotels over the past year and this ine is at the top i guess thats why i stayed so long

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this place. I have been here before and their customer service skills have been awesome. Rooms are big, spacious, clean, and very cold ac something we need in the summer time like this. You are always welcomed with a warm welcoming, smiling faces. It also has nice landscaping that is constantly being done and taken care of. This is definitely a place to vacation at

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Candice - Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Verdigris, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Extended Stay Westchase for 2 months while in Houston on business. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and up to date. The office staff is amazing. They are very friendly and welcoming and will do anything within their means to make your stay enjoyable. I didn't have a single complaint or issue in 2 months. My room/credit card charges were always correct, there was never excessive noise, trash, or unsavory characters. The area is safe and all shopping and eating is very convienent. You will be pleased!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am currently in Houston for business. Originally, I was staying in an apartment but after having so many issues my company transferred me to a hotel. The employees at Extended Stay were very professional, and they made me feel at home. They were always available whenever I needed them even at 4am when my key card didn't work. Speaking of, that was my only issue, having my card key go out alot. In the grand scheme of things that's a pretty minor issue, so all in all I would definately recommend this hotel to others in the Houston area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice. I do apologize about the key card issues and we will look into that.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Richmond? Share your experiences!