You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX
Ranked #212 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Los Angeles, California
“"Feel at home"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at the hotel to be close to the airport - had a great experience - hotel staff is friendly and helpful - rooms are clean - beds are very comfortable - microwave and frige - food places and liquor store within walking distance - good breakfast in the morning- airport shuttle every half hour - very homie - it was very quiet and peaceful when i stayed - i would stay again - Gigi Signore

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Booked the hotel to be close to IAH Airport for an early morning flight. I passed the hotel several times because I did not see the sign. It shares the parking lot with another hotel so you really have to look for it because it sits on the side of the other property and not easily seen from the street. I booked an advance purchase rate and when I arrived the front office agent said that she needed my credit card even though it was pre-paid and she claimed that it was not pre-paid. Swiped my card and then asked for it again shortly after. She then said she would use the card from my reservation - No sure why she was so confused on a pre-paid advanced purchase rate. Walked into a very hot room and it took 30-45 minutes to get the room comfortable. The room decor was average not too outdated but not too current. The comforter cover has visible stains and I thought that it was odd that the microwave and refrigerator was on the floor and not in a casing or piece of furniture seen at other properties. The bathroom had black stains in an area of the tile and grout like there was something spilled. The sink around the stopper area had lots of cracking. Lot of hair on the bathroom floor like it had not been properly swept and cleaned. For a tall person the showerhead was perfect. I travel to Houston several times a month and I normally stay near the Galleria area or closer in the city. I asked the front desk agent for a list of area restaurants and she just mentioned the breakfast restaurant across the street. Another guest also asked for restaurants and there was little help. I would suggest that they type up a list or get one from their competitor to duplicate, as it would help those not familiar with the area. I would also suggest offering some breakfast items before 9 AM on the weekends. Not everyone sleeps to 8 AM or later and it would helps those who have early morning flights. Not a bad stay - Not the worst stay and not the best stay. Less than one miles from IAH Airport Terminal and I was able to return my rental car the night before making my check-in the next morning easier.

Room Tip: Very close to IAH Airport and sits less than one mile from the terminal. The hotel shares a parking...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Houston_TXManager, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear OurExtendedstay:

So pleased to hear of your positive experience with us at the Comfort Suites Houston Bush Airport. We look forward to your return with open arms. Your comments were warming and well received by the team.

Thank You!
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was here for 3 nights as I had meetings at a nearby company. It's like 5-10 minutes from the car rental at the airport, and there is not really much to explore in the area it seemed. A few meters away from the hotel you'll find a commercial area with the regular dining choices.. (SW, BK and a chinese restaurant). Rooms were ok, quite big, but a little outdated, receptionist looked at me in a suspicious way, maybe they're not too used to seeing long haired europeans..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

we always stay at this hotel whenever we have an early flight out the next morning. This time, the breakfast was better than before, We park our car there during the time that we are gone away and have never had any problems. It's nothing spectacular but good enough for a short night's sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your gracious comments about your experience at Comfort Suites Houston Bush Airport. Your remarks about the hospitality you received has been shared with our team members and is an inspiration to them. We promise to do our best to replicate the service you received the next time your travel brings you back to our property.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I just woke up from the worst night of sleep ever. And I'm old, so that's saying a lot.

This location, just down the road from IAH, is hard to find, as it's tucked behind another property. Its convenient location becomes a moot point when you can't find the dang place.

As I type this, I am sitting in between the flat-screen TV and minifridge/microwave on my right, and the mold-covered window on my left. Yes, the window (which overlooks an overgrown strip of land) has white mold/mildew on the outside, obscuring the glass. Ugh.

The wifi here is fast and speedy, and he bed is just... average. The tub needs a good scrubbing, as the bottom has a black hue that's just a bit... gross.

The continental breakfast was OK... some fruit, some danishes and bagels, a wafflemaker and some hot dishes. Bulk yogurt in a bowl... gross. They had run out of unimportant things like plates and napkins, but soon replenished them. No styrofoam here, just ceramic... which is good if you want to dine in the dining room, but causes a bit of a problem if you want to take your breakfast back to the room and avoid the four kids screaming downstairs.

I can see the outside of the hall light around the edge of the door -- not a great seal, so depending on your room location and how full the hotel is, pack your earplugs.

Not my favorite place, but sometimes price wins out. I've stayed at Country Inns before; this one leaves much to be desired.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear TexasBrian,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. We have upgraded the internet and all the old a/c's this month and you should be seeing a substantial improvement. We have also retrained our Housekeeping staff. Furthermore, if you ever have any problems at our hotel, please let the front desk know that you would like to contact me, Terry, on her cell phone. I will be happy to talk to you at anytime. Thank you for your review and if you are ever in Houston again, please consider us to be home away from home.
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

When searching for an airport hotel I look for a couple of things: cleanliness, quiet, good price, shuttle..and a decent bar within walking distance. This hotel has all of them in spades.

Walk out to the front of the hotel turn left a half block to the small strip mall. There you'll find a pizza place, liquor store, Subway and the Hoyt County Saloon..a nice little bar with cold beer and efficient friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stay here once a month for business, The price is good, the rooms are clean and considering the planes fly right overhead you do not hear them.
It is a busy hotel, nad could do with some renovating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX

Address: 15555B John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #212 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX 2.5*
Located on JFK Boulevard at the entrance to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), the Country Inn & Suites Houston South hotel offers guests a convenient location, exceptional amenities and friendly service. Enjoy free wireless Internet access, a complimentary daily hot breakfast and free airport shuttle to IAH. Our Houston airport hotel's services also include an outdoor pool, a Business Center and a fully renovated Fitness Center featuring a brand-new elliptical, treadmill and multi-station workout area. Visit the Country Inn & Suites and see what makes us one of the best Houston Airport hotels for both business and leisure travel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
Country Inn And Suites Intercontinental Airport
Country Inn Airport
Country Inn Houston
Houston Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Houston Intercontinental Airport South, TX, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.