“Superb Houston Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Houston/Galleria

You added HYATT house Houston/Galleria to your Saves list
HYATT house Houston/Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3440 Sage Road, Houston, TX 77056 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites Houston / Galleria) (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #58 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Georgetown, Texas
“Superb Houston Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I stay here often and I have been meaning to review it for a while. I am here today because we really had a great experience over the weekend (January 4-6, 2013) and it is time to honor them! The hotel, like any one of us or other hotel, was having some challenges over the weekend. They are renovating their breakfast area and we were not getting our usual breakfast, and they just switched to digital cable and the TV's were not all on board yet. Well, the manager went out of his way to help me feel as comfortable as possible through all of these challenges and we were very well treated. This hotel is our favorite place to stay because the rooms are very large and luxurious, and they have a lovely free breakfast that includes eggs and breakfast meats. Since I can't eat wheat, this is important to me as most breakfast foods are full of wheat. This is one of the wonderful things the manager did - he found me some boiled eggs for breakfast since the renovations prevented any of the hot food from being offered! Ok, back to the review. Another great feature of this hotel is that you park in a garage on the level where your room is. Now, sometimes your room may be far away from the garage, but still, you are on the level where your car is. You pay for parking, but you get free wi fi and free breakfast. You get a full kitchen including dishwasher, large fridge, cooktop, disposal, microwave and coffee maker. They provide cookware and dishes, too! They have dvd players and a new feature of the digital switch over is that they now have boxes to allow you connect your computer or a video game to their lovely LCD TV's. Oh, and you get a TV for your bed as well as the living room area. Some of the rooms have the TV swivel between the room areas. We have stayed here numerous times and we always ask for a King suite, Sometimes you get one where there is a separate room for the bed and sometimes it is an area separated by the shelves and TV. They are all good! In the living area there is giant sectional sofa that is super comfy, and a desk with a comfortable chair. We are there on the weekends, but we see that during the week they offer a happy hour mingle with food on weekdays. The staff is helpful and kind and we love this hotel for our trips to Houston!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for the kind review. We are glad that you had a great stay with us and we were able to accommodate your needs even though our breakfast was being repainted. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Really impressed with this place. Walking distance to the Peruvian Embassy where I needed to get a Visa. Big Rooms with full Kitchens, 42" flat screens, Comfortable living room separate from bedroom. Modern furnishings. Really helpful staff that will take you in their shuttle anywhere within a five mile radius. Went to get a haircut and the driver actually waited for me. Free hot breakfast in the morning which was delicious.

Room Tip: If you smoke you want to be next to the parking garage. That seems to be where they all went
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities. Just to make sure all information is correct our shuttle does only go with in a 3 mile radius.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Hyatt House Galleria in November. It was clean, comfortable, and convenient. It is a good deal for business travelers who don't need expensive lodgings. The complimentary breakfast was superb, and the staff was friendly and professional. I can recommend the hotel enthusiastically.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting about your stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. We hope you will stay with us again!
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The location is really nice. We stayed in a one bedroom king suite. Close to lots of places to eat and the galleria. It is on a quiet side street and the hotel had a nice quiet feel to it. I am not sure what it was before a hyatt house, but you can tell the building has been there a while. They have done a decent job updating it. The bathroom could have used more work. But it had great water pressure and a vent so that made me happy. The vanity area is separate from the tub area but open to the bedroom. I liked not having a steamy area to primp in. The bed was comfy but the pillows weren't great. The seating area is nice and there is a kitchen area that would come in handy for a longer stay. The breakfast was very good. Real eggs, bacon, and such. It was also a short drive to Reliant. I liked the central air-no loud a/c clanging on and off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kaitlyn E, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to you staying with us next time you visit the Houston area.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was here for 4 days and did not have a single reason to complain except maybe the wifi was too slow to stream netflix at a good quality. Other than that the hotel and rooms were clean and very quiet, location is pretty good with lots of things to do around.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tracy G, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay. Please come back and visit us in the future!
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to have a night out at the Houston Galleria area and booked this hotel which had reasonable price for a last minute booking. Rooms were very clean and spacious but what really got me is how friendly and welcoming the staff was! I lovely lady named Yanna ( I believe that is her name) checked us in, she was very imformative and helpful.
And when we checked out 2 ladies at the front desk were just as nice!
Hotel was awesome and complimentary american breakfast was definitely a plus!

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy G, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We are so pleased you chose the Hyatt house Houston by the Galleria and enjoyed your experience! We hope to have you back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Overall the Hyatt House has a lot to like. The rooms were generally clean, a lot of space and a good value. The TV was new, and the WIFI worked well. I had my kids with me this time and the pool was a nice size, and well maintained. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the woman who handled the free breakfast was very nice and helpful.

The free breakfast was very good and they also had a cocktail hour with free beer both big pluses.

The location is near the Galleria and also a couple of highway exit ramps so a pretty good spot. Also lots of restaurant choices nearby.

My only issue was the house keeping. I had two rooms and when I arrived one of my rooms wasn't ready until after 6pm. The manager ended up cleaning that room. Twice the same room wasn't made up. The staff did make amends are were very apologetic about the problem. My guess was that they were having some kind of problem with the staff on my floor, because overall the hotel was spotless and the staff did a good job on the one room they I had that they did clean.

In conclusion, I do think that my experience was probably just one of those things that happens sometimes and not a major problem with this particular hotel; nonetheless, I did dock the Hyatt House a star because of it for this trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tracy G, Director of Sales at HYATT house Houston/Galleria, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your review and response. We appreciate your pateince upon check-in and the kind comments on our staff. We look forward to having you back!

Been to HYATT house Houston/Galleria? Share your experiences!