“Good food for an airport restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 7,200 restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Good food for an airport restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I ate at Pappadeaux on a layover in the Houston Bush Airport on my way back from a mission trip to Guatemala in February. The service was quick and efficient. The food was good . My traveling companion and I each had the seafood gumbo. He had the smoked salmon and I had the coconut shrimp. The servings were large portions for appetizers. I was satisfied with my gumbo and shrimp and with the service. We had plenty of time to make our connection.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

95% Recommend
Whiteland, IN
“Food is yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food here was excellent especially for airport food. Service was average. The restaurant is small so it is very crowded since many customers have luggage. A little on the pricey side but food did not disappoint. I would eat here again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best place in the Houston Airport for a layover.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had 2 hours between flights. You'll find Pappadeaux's in the international terminal. Using the airport train it's easy to get to. We were there at lunch time. They had menu and buffet dinning. The lobster off the menu was huge & great tasting. A couple people in our group opted for the buffet it had a great selection. The restaurant is on the second floor away from the fast pace of the airport. Very relaxing, delicious food and cold drinks. Lets not forget about the service, we were seated right away, our waiter was very friendly, had lots of stories to share and very attentive to all his customers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beckley, West Virginia, United States
“surprisingly good airport food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Located a floor above Terminal E Concourse level, this restaurant serves cajun themed food. Though generally crowded, the wait times have usually been reasonable the three or four times we have eaten there, since most patrons are in a mood to eat and scoot to catch their flight. Service is fast, as well, for the same reason. That said, I don't think I'd try to eat here with less than an hour layover. Food quality is decent, though I haven't eaten at any other Pappadeaux locations to make a comparison. Yesterday the wife had the gumbo and I had a shrimp Po' Boy [oyster Po' Boys not on the menu :-(].

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Packed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food was good, we had to wait in the bar for an extended period since they were filled to capacity and so many things going on in the Houston area. The economy may be bad elsewhere but, you could not tell it from our experience.

Visited February 2013