“Noise” 1 of 5 stars

Houston, texas, USA
12,016 helpful votes 12,016 helpful votes
“Noise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

An acceptable business hotel which appears to have been fairly recently redone but which I found unacceptable given the noise level I had to put up with in my room. I stay at a great many starwood properties and generally find them pleasant and clean but if you can get to sleep before 2:45 PM and no one at the desk will help then their is no reason to return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lake Jackson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for my son's wedding. We had a block of rooms for out of town guests as well as parlor suites for the day of the wedding for the groomsmen and bridesmaids to get ready in. We also used a hospitality suite for guests to have a place to get a drink and snack. I must say all went well and the employees at the Sheraton were very accomodating to everyone. All of the rooms were clean and decorated nicely. The location was good proximity to the wedding venue as well as nearby stores and entertainment. It was a perfect hotel for our "wedding weekend".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel on business years ago and was NOT impressed with the rooms, the restaurant or the service but that has completely changed since they have remodeled a few years ago (and are undergoing a fitness room remodel as I write this). My husband booked this time (without my knowledge or I would have said no!) for a wedding, the hotel was close to the venues for the wedding and rehearsal dinner. The service was good, accomodating but not overbearing, the hotel lobby and lobby bar (Tuxedo-the name of the bar, not the attire) were attractive and inviting, and the rooms were well appointed, with everything a male and female traveller could need. (Conditioner, a blow dryer with attachment which I find helpful for hair styling.) We stayed on the concierge level which I would recommend due to the free breakfast and beer/wine happy hour in the evening. The restaurant in the hotel is typical hotel fare, with hotel pricing, nothing special. The pool area was very, very noisy with young children, depends on your perspective if you find this appealing. It seemed odd with it being a business class hotel, with young children in the fitness room, the concierge bar, and the pool. It may have been a family occasion, and not the norm, but it detracted us from using the pool. Overall, great hotel, the price we paid in advance was an excellent value for the money, the published rates at the time of check-in would make it much less of a value.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the concierge level.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is a very nice place to spend the night. The staff is courteous and knowledgeable. Although one is in an enormous city, there are many entertaining things to do in the area. Taxis are readily available.

Room Tip: The 9th and 10th floor have lounges that provide evening and morning meals.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We endured the loud guest in the lobby at midnight with their loud laughs that echoed through the room but vacuuming at 5:30 am? That is ridiculous! When I called guest services to complain I was told he would speak to the cleaning service. The noise did not stop. I'm still hearing it now at 5:45AM! I would not recommend this hotel and do not ever plan on staying here again.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We are a couple spending a long weekend in Houston. This hotel is on the 610 loop which makes it convenient to get everywhere. The hotel is easy to find once you get on the TC. Lester Drive and take the access road. We stayed in the Club Lounge rooms and I would recommend them. They are on the ninth and tenth floors, and quiet. The lounge which you have access to, is pleasant, full of drinks throughout the day and a great breakfast and light snacks with beer and wine in the evening. Yum, there is Starbucks coffee. Jose , our lounge attendant was very helpful and aimed to please. Meredyth, the outlet manager was very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed talking to them! Finally the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. This is an older hotel ( no fan in the bathroom), but has gone through a great renovation. I plan on making this my Houston Hotel!!. BTW, the pool, and exercise room was clean and maintained .

Room Tip: Ask for the Club Loung rooms. The extra money is worth i.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
dheinlein, Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Dear NewOrleansIslandgirl,

Many thanks for your recommendation and choosing our hotel as your home away from home in Houston! All of us appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, especially Jose and Meredyth, who were more than glad to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Best wishes,

Tom Chigoy, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I only stayed one night and did not really partake in any ameneties, but the room was clean and I was happy about the pet policy. There is no additional charge for dogs under 25 pounds, and only a cleaning charge if necessary. I surely could have gotten a nice hotel for less on priceline, but the pet policy is what made me pay the extra for this hotel. I could not get the wireless internet to work, but I was only there one night, so it wasn't a big deal to me at the time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
dheinlein, Manager at Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you ivegotnews for taking the time to share your experience; it’s great to know that not only you but your “best friend” had a comfortable stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you’re in the area!

Best wishes,

Tom Chigoy, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel? Share your experiences!