“Friendly and accommodating staff with all the comforts of home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Houston - Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #164 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Ohio
“Friendly and accommodating staff with all the comforts of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Perfect location, close to shopping, restaurants, downtown, attractions, and freeways. The staff was very helpful, friendly, efficient, and kind. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Having a kitchen for entertaining was a plus.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

My family stayed here for two nights before boarding a cruise in Galveston.
We chose this hotel because of price and proximity to the Galleria.
If you are looking for a place to stay for a night or two that is clean and comfortable, Homestead won't disappoint.
Be aware of the fact that they only have weekly maid service, so you might have to make your own bed and pick your towel up off the floor (if this is a big deal, you can pay extra to have daily maid service). The rooms are a good size - we had 4 adults in one room. No room service, but there is a small "tuck shop" by the front desk as well as many restaurants nearby. All rooms also have a decent kitchen with a couple of counter stools. There is no overnight concierge, however when the concierge was there, they were very helpful in suggesting nearby restaurants, calling taxis, and giving precise directions.

Bottom line: no frills, but it was clean and it was cheap

• Liked — Location, clean, cheap
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Huntsville, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

Do NOT stay here! They botched my reservation by mixing my reservation up with a block that canceled. They finally found me a room after an hour wait. It was downhill from there. No breakfast, maid service costs extra, internet costs extra, and they forgot to tell me I had four packages waiting for me to pickup. I found out by tracking the packages to find they had already been signed for by the clerk. The A/C is the loudest I've ever heard. It literally vibrates the walls. I could have spent $50 a night more and come out on top.

• Liked — Good Greek restaurant a mile away.
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

Don't be fooled by the low price. The rooms have a nice set-up, but service is lame, especially if you need something. A BIG negative is the internet service-very poor signal if you could get it at all. The staff gave a variety of lame excuses-said they had ordered sme new parts that would be installed tomorrow, then 'my manager said' you should call the 800 # on the card. I didn't have one-she said she'd call her manager again and get it.

Still haven't heard back form her at this point!

The TV remote did not work; was told someone would come reprogram it. After awhile I went downstairs, and they gave me a new one to try. Still would not work, so I asked them to fix it this morning. They said someone would come to my room and reprogram it.

Didn't happen.

My room had soap but no shampoo-was told to come down to the desk to get some. I travel alot and can put up with quite a bit-this is definite a 'never again' location for me.

Stayed October 2008
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Good price for a good sevice and location.

• Liked — Clean, location, confortable.
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
shaysalon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

Horrible service. I read the previous reviews of this hotel and thought it would be a nice stay.......NOT

1. Upon arriving the front desk had folks up there with problems regarding their room (should have known then)

2. The temperature in my room was a bit warm so I turn the ac unit down and it never got cool. Called the front desk & was told to give it a minute. Well I waited an hr and the temperature went up 1 degree so I walked to the front desk to complain. Was told the maintenace guy will come down there.

3. While waiting in the warm room the maintenance guy came and read the temperature reading and said that it was reading at 60 degrees and left. Didn't say anything else.

Now I'm pissed so I went back to the front desk and told her I wanted another room because I'm not paying for a room with no working air.

4. She told me that I had to wait until they found something else. More folks was still coming in so I had to wait until she was ready to attend to my problem

5. Got to the new room and ready for bed and I smelt something like it was burning. I jumped up paranoid but never could figure out where it was coming from. I didn't want to hassle with the front desk again so I stayed.

6. Got up in the morning to find another room put their trash outside the door and the entire hallway was stinking. It was horrible

Never again will I stay here

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

This hotel is a lot better than I thought! I would call it a hidden jewel among Houston hotels in terms of value and convenience.

I normally stay at other hotels when I visited Houston. Last week, I had a hard time booking a hotel because of a huge convention in Houston. My company finally booked me a room in this hotel.

For the price we paid, I was happily surprise that it is probably the best value among all the hotels I have stayed in Houston. If you are looking for a long-term stay place that is reasonbly clean and at a low cost, this can be a top choice.

This hotel is next to Loop 610 and only one block from the gigantic shopping mall: Galleria. With all the shops and restaurants on Westheimer Road nearby, this is a very nice and convenient location.

They only charge $5 for internet hookup. This is all you have to pay even if you stay here for months. That is right, the $5 is just a setup fee. After that, you can logon with your computer wireless in your room and use a much as you want, as long as you want.

The room is good size, with small kitchen, and refrigerator. There are pot and pans, microwave, dishes and eating utensils, Sound proofing is very good!

However, you do have to somewhat lower your expectation, as this hotel is very basic in term of services and aminities. The bed is average in comfort, there is only a bar of soap in the bathroom; and they clean room only once a week.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! If someday I have to stay in Houston for a long visit on my own money, I would not hesitate to book into this hotel.

• Liked — Value
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown? Share your experiences!