“For budget hotel it's pretty good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Houston - Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #164 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“For budget hotel it's pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location and cleaner than most budget hotels. Normal customers too. Nice staff and safe parking. Galleria is just down the street. This place used to be homestead and the wifi still has the name actually. Inside is definitely the extended stay decor. b

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Loved this hotel. Quiet. Clean. Front desk rep, Ashley quickly answered all calls and questions. Ashley even assisted when we lock our key in the room, she was able to provide a spare in no time at all. Great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Joseph - The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks about our service and location. I am proud of our team for meeting your needs and making you feel right at home. Especially, Ashley, for taking great care of you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Well furnished, very nice and neat, and well worth the money. Although surrounded by other hotels it was easy to find and the rooms inside are just as good as the looks of the hotel from outside. Staff was very nice and helpful, especially Zeba. She helped us in many ways as well as finding good restaurant around...provided extra necessities..this was my second stay at this hotel and will surely go back there when I visit houston again.

• Stayed April 2013
Alex - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review. I'm thrilled that you were so pleased with your stay at our hotel. It's comments like yours that motivates the staff and I to continue to provide such excellent customer service to all of our guests!

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staying here on business and was very pleased with the staff and the service. Even though it's a budget hotel they make sure they go the extra mile to get everything you need, and always with a smile. Ashley has become a favorite with our group but the whole staff is top notch.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, especially Ashley. They make me very proud of the entire team.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I first have to start off and say that the staff is excellent! Everyone working the front desk is incredibly friendly and happy to help. I've been there for a month and a half now, and you would expect to see people on there off days for so long, but never once have I encountered someone less than happy. Ashley who works at the front desk is awesome and made sure I had plenty of pillows, towels, etc for when I had visitors.

In terms of the facilities, it's a good budget place. You get what you need and living in a room is definitely doable, but I do wish there was a couch...or room for a couch for that matter. The little nook table/chairs is a nice set up. It's a maintained pretty well, things have definitely seen there share of wear and tear, but again, this is a budget place.

A positive to be noted is the quietness of the air-conditioning. Usually budget places have noisy units, but this one is quiet. As the whole place in general is (very quiet). Beds could use some major upgrades. They are pretty hard... And there tends to me a smell of cigarettes in the hallways that isn't so pleasant, but I mean who really hangs out in hallways anyways? So it's not a huge deal.

Overall, this place is good! You get what you pay for and the staff makes living in a hotel for an extended time a little bit more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lauren - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the beds were uncomfortable in your room. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations for your traveling needs.

Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I Stayed at the hotel for about 5 days.It was clean and well appointed. The breakfast was just coffee and snacks but having a cut of hot coffee as you leave in the morning was great. Hotel has an excellent well lit car park and the room at the rear ensure a complete view.The staff are exceptional and usually greeted me by first name.While there, I ordered some stuff and they ensured that I was notified of when packages came.Excellent service.The security is good and I FELT SAFE.This location is within walking distance of Galleria Shopping Mall and many other shopping areas.All in all it was a great stay and I would strongly recommend this Hotel to family and business people looking for a clean and safe stay at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Choose room located to the back of hotel to avoid freeway noise and view of car park..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your most recent stay. I am proud of our team for helping you feel safe and comfortable during your travels. I am also extremely pleased that we were able to ensure you received packages as needed. We truly enjoyed having you as a guest!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am relocating to Houston, with work, and this hotel is in a great location. The parking lot is tucked away and well lit. The units are well maintained and the staff is SO friendly. Not only the manager, but namely Ashley. She works in the evenings and always greets me by name after a long day. This hotel displays southern hospitality and has made my introduction to Houston a great one!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the recent review of our property. I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be in a great location, that the staff was "SO" friendly, from the manager and especially Ashley whom greeted you by name after a long day at work. I am glad that you felt the "Southern Hospitality" and we made your introduction to Houston a great one!

Thank you again for posting a review and we do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown? Share your experiences!