You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2300 West Loop South, Houston, TX 77027 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Houston - Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #209 of 469 Hotels in Houston
New York City
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staying here on business and was very pleased with the staff and the service. Even though it's a budget hotel they make sure they go the extra mile to get everything you need, and always with a smile. Ashley has become a favorite with our group but the whole staff is top notch.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, especially Ashley. They make me very proud of the entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I first have to start off and say that the staff is excellent! Everyone working the front desk is incredibly friendly and happy to help. I've been there for a month and a half now, and you would expect to see people on there off days for so long, but never once have I encountered someone less than happy. Ashley who works at the front desk is awesome and made sure I had plenty of pillows, towels, etc for when I had visitors.

In terms of the facilities, it's a good budget place. You get what you need and living in a room is definitely doable, but I do wish there was a couch...or room for a couch for that matter. The little nook table/chairs is a nice set up. It's a maintained pretty well, things have definitely seen there share of wear and tear, but again, this is a budget place.

A positive to be noted is the quietness of the air-conditioning. Usually budget places have noisy units, but this one is quiet. As the whole place in general is (very quiet). Beds could use some major upgrades. They are pretty hard... And there tends to me a smell of cigarettes in the hallways that isn't so pleasant, but I mean who really hangs out in hallways anyways? So it's not a huge deal.

Overall, this place is good! You get what you pay for and the staff makes living in a hotel for an extended time a little bit more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lauren - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the beds were uncomfortable in your room. Still, we are glad to know that we were able to meet your expectations for your traveling needs.

Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I Stayed at the hotel for about 5 days.It was clean and well appointed. The breakfast was just coffee and snacks but having a cut of hot coffee as you leave in the morning was great. Hotel has an excellent well lit car park and the room at the rear ensure a complete view.The staff are exceptional and usually greeted me by first name.While there, I ordered some stuff and they ensured that I was notified of when packages came.Excellent service.The security is good and I FELT SAFE.This location is within walking distance of Galleria Shopping Mall and many other shopping areas.All in all it was a great stay and I would strongly recommend this Hotel to family and business people looking for a clean and safe stay at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Choose room located to the back of hotel to avoid freeway noise and view of car park..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your most recent stay. I am proud of our team for helping you feel safe and comfortable during your travels. I am also extremely pleased that we were able to ensure you received packages as needed. We truly enjoyed having you as a guest!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am relocating to Houston, with work, and this hotel is in a great location. The parking lot is tucked away and well lit. The units are well maintained and the staff is SO friendly. Not only the manager, but namely Ashley. She works in the evenings and always greets me by name after a long day. This hotel displays southern hospitality and has made my introduction to Houston a great one!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the recent review of our property. I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be in a great location, that the staff was "SO" friendly, from the manager and especially Ashley whom greeted you by name after a long day at work. I am glad that you felt the "Southern Hospitality" and we made your introduction to Houston a great one!

Thank you again for posting a review and we do hope that you will return to our hotel or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Lake Charles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for a few weeks while working on a project. Rooms are cleaned weekly, the kitchenette contained all the necessities and the internet, cable TV and AC are all satisfactory. The staff has a "Welcome to your home-away-from-home" disposition. I would like to spotlight Ashley Crouch, as she always greeted me with professional and polite conversation when I returned from work in the late evenings. It made my stay pleasant from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Great location. (No pool or fitness center)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your stay. Excited to hear that while working on a project in town the hotel kitchen, TV and cable were to your satisfaction. Glad to hear that the staff had a " welcome to your home away from home" attitude, especially Ashley, whom greeted you every evening after work with professionalism and polite conversation. Thank you for allowing us to provide you with a pleasant stay from beginning to end. We hope to see you back soon whenever you are in the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I came to Houston for the first time what an experience! People are so friendly here it is amazing! Staying at this location was the first good thin we did we were close to everything in the city the mall, restaurants, and site seeing landmarks. Hotel was nice clean too, the staff was very comforting, we did not feel like this was our first time in Houston. I want to mention the staff ( Zeba) very sweet girls helped us during our whole trip. I would come back to Houston just to stay at the galleria uptown. Wonderful stay !

• Stayed April 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review of your stay at our Galleria Uptown location. I am excited to hear that you had a wonderful experience your first time to Houston that you really like the location of the hotel , close to the mall, restaurants and Landmarks. It's good to hear that Zeba was very sweet and helpful during your entire trip. We hope to see you back soon for another wonderful stay when in the area and thank you again for the great review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was disappointed thatbthere wasnt an oven.the last extended stay I stayed at had one.spacious closets and over all pretty clean.the tv channel selectons are horrible.I wish there was a pool, but was still satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in some things like that this location did not have an over nor a pool and that the TV channel selection was horrible, unfortunately not all of our hotels offer the same amenities, some have the ovens and some have the pools, but the Uptown location you stayed at had neither of those. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was good, you liked the spacious closets and clean rooms. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you soon when in the area!

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Uptown? Share your experiences!