“Great neighborhood jewel...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Devine Affair is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 7,273 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N Kirkwood Rd
Gretna, Louisiana
“Great neighborhood jewel...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very lovely place - nice decor and extremely friendly, attentive staff. Food is wonderful!! Shrimp risotto was almost perfect. Devine is a jewel in this neighborhood!

Visited April 2013

Houston, Texas, USA
“Very nice neighborhood restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place is beautifully appointed. They have a great wine list with reasonable prices. The Greek salad is big enough to share, especially if you add the grilled shrimp - they split it for you if you ask. It really is the best Greek salad in Houston (that designation used to belong to the Pappas restaurants). My daughter swears by the Cesar Salad. I think it is good but the Greek is better. For a starter, we enjoyed the meatballs. They were perfect with a spicy bite that made them wonderful and interesting. The chicken roulade is incredible and the green beans are cooked to perfection.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Order the Chicken Marsala!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Three of us decided to try this place again (after not being thrilled with it when it first opened). THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! I am thrilled this neighborhood place is under new management. She (the new owner) is friendly and knowledgeable. Our nice waiter suggested the Chicken Marsala to me after I inquired about several entrees. I am so glad he recommended it. PLEASE ORDER THE CHICKEN MARSALA. I can't wait to return.

P.S. I told my friend about our wonderful dinner the next day and they decided to try it that evening.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Neighborhood Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I took my elderly girlfriend here for a late, birthday lunch. We were immediately impressed by the pleasant decor. It had a European feel with nice appointments. Oddly though, there was only a small section of tables with tablecloths. The rest of the tables were nice, but bare. Our waiter was Ernie, and he was very attentive, just enough attention not to be intrusive. Lunch service ended at 2 PM, so we order from the dinner menu. The menu was extensive and would seem to have something for everyone. Ernie volunteered that the chef could easily make a vegetarian or gluten free meal if desired. They regularly carry gf pasta. I had the grilled shrimp with vegetable risotto. The shrimp were tasty, and perfectly cooked. The risotto was also enjoyable with Parmesan shavings on top. My girlfriend had eggplant parmesan, and she seemed to equally as pleased. All of their of their desserts are made in house, and my girlfriend chose the chocolate mousse cake. They decorated the plate with a birthday greeting, and the serving was large enough to easily share. We were very happy with this find, and we will be glad to return. My only criticism would be a better quality bread. What they served was good, but it could have been better.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Very good food, service not so good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had lunch with a small group of friends. The restaurant was quiet so we could talk, the food was very good, but the service was not so good. I would return for the food, and hope the service would improve.

• Visited November 2012