“Busy neighborhood place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Shepherd and Woodhead
Description: Brasserie 19, located in Houston’s 77019 neighborhood, offers a modern amalgamation of French brasserie fare and well-known American influences. The chef-driven menu utilizes the freshest seasonal ingredients in thoughtfully prepared dishes. Brasserie 19 boasts an expansive, carefully developed wine list dedicated to pricing just above retail – a philosophy pioneered by owners Charles Clark and Grant Cooper upon opening their first restaurant, Ibiza Food & Wine Bar. Brasserie 19's sophisticated yet unpretentious interiors are bathed in cool greys and whites, with antiqued wood and white marble used throughout. Grey leather banquettes and comfortable chairs are paired with white linen and butcher paper-covered tables create a casually elegant setting for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Brasserie 19 will serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week, as well as brunch on Sundays.
Texas
“Busy neighborhood place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Looking for a place to eat in the River Oaks area, we were attracted here by the festive atmosphere at the outside tables. Everyone seemed to be having such a good time we joined in. Without a reservation, we were seated right away outside, though the wait for an inside table was over 30 minutes. This was fine, as the inside tables are packed tightly and the dining room is loud. Our service was excellent throughout. Water glasses were refilled, the waiter was quite helpful with the wine list, bread appeared quickly. The portions were large. The special of the day, beef bourguinon, was a bit greasy, and somewhat over priced. However, we enjoyed our meal and would come back.

Visited February 2014

“Good food Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went for both lunch and dinner. I prefer lunch. Dinner was so crowded I was very glad we had a booth against the wall. We sat with our backs against the wall and enjoyed the people watching. The tables along the bar are surrounded by people standing at the bar or waiting for a table. I don't like to be pushed or watched over by people standing or trying to walk by. I don't know how the waiters get in between the tables. This is a very loud restaurant.
The wine list is good and very well priced. The appetizers are very nice and my husband and I made a meal out of beet salad, grilled octopus, the scallops, and a bottle of wine. We were very satisfied.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Delicious food, great atmosphere, excellent service and well-priced wine list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Brasserie 19 is always a fabulous evening out. Delicious food, great atmosphere, excellent service and well-priced wine list!

Visited February 2014
“I won't be back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love French food and, after reviewing the website and professional photos, was prepared to love this restaurant. I made a reservation for 8PM on a Thursday. From the moment I showed up, it was uncomfortable. The place was so crowded from the bar patrons I actually had to push and shove my way to the table, which was situated right in the BUSY walkway. I was constantly pushed on and leaned against by people walking around the bar area and staffers trying to get around. I've literally never been so uncomfortable in a restaurant. Our chairs were white whicker, which belong outside on a patio, not in an 'upscale' restaurant - it felt cheap. The worst part was the noise - it was ridiculous. My friends and I could not hear each other, though we were seated at a small table. My reply to every comment was, "what?" don't expect to have conversations with anyone. On top of this, the server took ages to bring us our bread, though she'd said it would be right out when we ordered our wine. The food was fine, but certainly overpriced for what you get, which is nothing special. I don't mind to pay more for something fabulous, but this is not it. This is NOT the environment I want when I go to dinner. The food was fine, but I won't be back. There are too many other French restaurants in Houston where I can actually enjoy myself.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“snotty waiter, luby quality food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My mother and I ate lunch here yesterday. Our waiter was so condescending, and our food was tasteless. The best thing, by far, was great prices on wine list, even though ipad wine list was annoying rather than helpful. But, we were happy to order a $40 bottle of Moet, correctly pronounced Mo-wett, until waiter had to "correct" our pronunciation. All of our food was bland, really Luby's quality. Glad we went because of hype, but we will not be back. Too many great places to eat in Houston. To the red-headed waiter, grow up!

• Visited January 2014