“If you can't fly to Buenos Aires this weekend - then come to Saldivia's!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saldivia's South American Grill

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 7,221 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Lovely atmosphere with warm colors, beautiful bar and private room for parties.
“If you can't fly to Buenos Aires this weekend - then come to Saldivia's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

An amazing menu of all of my Argentine favourites - from the empanadas, the parrilladas, the vacio, and more! Finishing off the evening with tiramisu or flan with a great serving of dulce de leche. The atmosphere is excellent and is well accompanied on the weekends with live tango music and excellent bottles of wine. This restaurant will not disappoint. One of my very favourites of Houston!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
csaldivia, Owner at Saldivia's South American Grill, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We enjoyed serving you and welcome you any time!

Austin, Texas
“We went on a bad night?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Based upon the glowing reviews here, we drove 20 minutes from our Houston hotel, hoping to find delicious Latin American food. At first, we thought we were at the wrong place. We found Saldivia's in a nondescript strip mall and the place was empty except for one other couple. We have traveled extensively in South America, and we know what good Latin American food is (see my review for Americas, another Houston restaurant). We first ordered the beef empanadas, which were a poor representation of one of our favorite appetizers. My husband then had the entrana, a beef skirt steak, which was good but not special. I ordered a breaded chicken breast with mozzarella and tomatoes, which had no flavor. To my horror, I found a tiny piece of wire (maybe from a wire pot scrubber?) that had been baked into the chicken. The restaurant's owner/manager who was there that night, and who was not the older man in the photo, seemed like a very nice guy. I didn't complain, though I left all but a few bites on my plate, and we paid our pricey bill and left hungry. I hate to give bad reviews, but I want to warn my fellow travelers about this place. We can't believe this is one of the top-rated restaurants in a city with so many very fine restaurants!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
csaldivia, Owner at Saldivia's South American Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your dinner. I do appreciate that you provided feedback so that we can strive to do better. This review was quite a surprise as we have never had one bad review before. I would love it if you gave us another chance. I will personally take care of you.
Christina Saldivia
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great value and try the lunch specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Thank you TripAdvisors for again finding and reviewing another jewel in Houston. Went for lunch and I had the roast half chicken and grilled vegetables special for 9.95. The chicken was so moist and delicious, but with the perfectly grilled veggies, I could not finish the chicken. I brought the left over chicken home. The next day it was still very flavorful. Try Saldiva's!

• Visited January 2013
Houston
“Still a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was our second visit in about six months. As before the place was nearly empty on a Wednesday night, the day after Christmas. It was staffed by only two people for less than a dozen customers when we came. I did not have great expectations. But I was amazed. The Lomo was cooked to perfection, one of the top ten steaks I ever ate. My milenasa a la Napolitana was excellent. I brought home some mollejas and an empanada de espinaca for my wife who was ill. Everything was better than I expected. The only reason the place is not packed is that it is not very visible in the back of a strip shopping center along Westheimer just East of Beltway 8. The location could be a lot more visible. On Saturday night I understand they have a guitarist who plays Tango and South American music after 8. I will return.

• Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Spun the restaurant wheel to Saldivia's, came up a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

OK, I live here. we decided to step out of our dining box last Sutrday night and were swayed by our trust in Trip Advisor to try Saldivia's. What a winner! For the quality of the food and the superiority of service, Saldivia's is a hit with us. We were excited to find this jewel and will definitely be back-with friends.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
csaldivia, Owner at Saldivia's South American Grill, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
We are so glad you dined with us and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you so much for the kind words!