“I thought it was excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's - West Ave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Westheimer Rd
“I thought it was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Went out after a business meeting and decided on Eddie V's for a business dinner. We had a great time, the food and drink were excellent, and the service was professional and also excellent. It was pretty pricey, but the steak was one of the best I've ever had. Very tender, juicy and cooked perfect. I can't find anything to count off for and it got my 5-star grade.

Visited June 2014

Lawrence, Kansas
“Eddie V's a must visit Restaurant in Houston Texas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had never been to Houston Texas and a friend suggested that I might like Eddie V's. I when wth two girl friends and it was one of the most enjoyable restaurants I have ever visited. The food was really good and got three thumbs up (one from each of us). The music and the atmosphere was very pleasant and laid back. Next time I am in Houston I will make sure that Eddie V's is on my schedule.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“Good Service, Great Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This review is a little late, however better late than never! I had attended a holiday party for Houston Tidbits. They gave us goodie bags, which included a free appetizer from Eddy V's. It also included on from a restaurant that was next door, in which we had a horrible experience there. When we went to Eddy V's, it was very crowded and we were told that it would be quite awhile before we would be seated, even at the bar. We were about to call it a night, but asked again about the loungers and were told that we could sit there. We were a party of four, and the loungers were very comfortable, and we were still able to order our food & drinks from them. Here we were not given a hassle for redeeming our free appetizer coupons. We also ordered sides and drinks. I had a crab cake and brocolini, and a cocktail. This was my first time at this location, but second time at Eddy V's. They have the best crab cakes in town! There is actually more crab and little or no filler, just enough to hold it together. The best part of his visit is that they honored the coupons for the free appetizer that were in our goodie bags. The other restaurant did not, nor did they answer my complaint, and I would never go back to them. Eddy V's on the other hand is someplace that I look forward to going to again. The prices are a bit high, but they do have happy hour, and another plus is that there is live music.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had my birthday gathering at this location this past weekend. The Ambiance is very excellent here. I had a party of 13 (mainly couples), and we were located in the lounge (V Lounge) area right next to the band. I had a birthday card waiting for me at the table from the staff. It is a 5 Star restarant so the food may be pricey for some people. Some of my guest who were from New Orleans and are used to great food did not like the food at all. I ordered the Pot Stickers as my appetizer and they were good. I also had the Louisiana Red Fish which was okay to me, was not bad, but was not excellent. For my side dish, I had the crab fried rice with scallions and mushrooms, and that was pretty good. This is a seafood and Steakhouse and even though I am not a steak eater, I tried a piece of steak and it was very delicious.
My waiter was very friendly and made sure I was satisfied with everything since it was my birthday. He helped me out with picking out a wine and the selection he brought me was excellent. The band sung "Happy Birthday" to me and just made it an enjoyable event. My guest all had a wonderful time and we felt like we were the only ones in the room (that's how much fun we were having).
I would be back again but more for the ambiance, the wine selections, and some of the food. Overall, my night was memorable and the set up was lovely. I want to thank Eddie V's for making my 34th birthday a night to remember.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Very nice retro restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Reminds me of a 80's restaurant with plush buttoned sofas and a sweeping bar. Food is very good and the bar food is good too. The atmosphere is what makes Eddie V's as it reminds me of 1980's Houston with lots of happy people around a large bar. Good fun and worth a visit.

Visited October 2013