“Excellent Ambiance” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's - West Ave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 7,200 restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Westheimer Rd
“Excellent Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had my birthday gathering at this location this past weekend. The Ambiance is very excellent here. I had a party of 13 (mainly couples), and we were located in the lounge (V Lounge) area right next to the band. I had a birthday card waiting for me at the table from the staff. It is a 5 Star restarant so the food may be pricey for some people. Some of my guest who were from New Orleans and are used to great food did not like the food at all. I ordered the Pot Stickers as my appetizer and they were good. I also had the Louisiana Red Fish which was okay to me, was not bad, but was not excellent. For my side dish, I had the crab fried rice with scallions and mushrooms, and that was pretty good. This is a seafood and Steakhouse and even though I am not a steak eater, I tried a piece of steak and it was very delicious.
My waiter was very friendly and made sure I was satisfied with everything since it was my birthday. He helped me out with picking out a wine and the selection he brought me was excellent. The band sung "Happy Birthday" to me and just made it an enjoyable event. My guest all had a wonderful time and we felt like we were the only ones in the room (that's how much fun we were having).
I would be back again but more for the ambiance, the wine selections, and some of the food. Overall, my night was memorable and the set up was lovely. I want to thank Eddie V's for making my 34th birthday a night to remember.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

88% Recommend
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very nice retro restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Reminds me of a 80's restaurant with plush buttoned sofas and a sweeping bar. Food is very good and the bar food is good too. The atmosphere is what makes Eddie V's as it reminds me of 1980's Houston with lots of happy people around a large bar. Good fun and worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Delicious food, excellent service. Ordered a steak medium well and was still tender and juicy--unusual.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Eight in a private room. The food was great. Soft shell crab was super and Tasmanian salmon was over the top. Sides were very good. We got mac and cheese and green stuff. Waiter was snooty but not horrible. Way too much arm candy teetering in heels. Would go again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not enough words to express my love for Eddie V's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday, and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish! We had reservations at 8:00 pm on a Saturday night and were seated promptly by a friendly hostess. Our waiter was terrific and did an excellent job recommending items that both he liked and believed we would enjoy from the menu.

We had the calamari to share to begin with (our absolute favorite appetizer at every Eddie V's we have been to), and it is an absolute must when dining here! For entrees my husband had the "surf & turf" of filet mignon and shrimp, and I had twin lobster tails. Both were excellent! The steak was cooked perfectly, and the shrimp were not rubbery but cooked to just the right tenderness. The lobster tails were delicious, and as a big fan of cocktail sauce, I found it to be the perfect accompaniment for the sweet meat. We also shared the truffled mac & cheese and broccolini, trying to have both a sinful and healthy balance to our meal. :)

The mojitos are great, and the wine list extensive, this is definitely a place to go for a celebratory night out, or just to enjoy drinks and appetizers in the V Lounge while listening to some good music. We will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2012