“Beautiful and DELICIOUS!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Americas River Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Transit: Metro Bus available
Sugar Land, Texas, USA
“Beautiful and DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Americas River Oaks is definitely a favorite for not only ambiance, but its delicious food. Romantic, charming, and the service is incredible. I took my mother there this week for lunch, and Glenn J. did a great job catering to us. He timed the soup, appetizer, and meal out perfectly. We went specifically for the Carnitas Pibil, and it was just as great as we remembered. I plan on going back for dinner next week with my husband. You just can't go wrong here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Baytown, Texas
“Really, it was one of the Best Meals I have Had`”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

One thing that makes a dining experience so great is the staff. If the staff is excellent then the food can be mediocre and it still be a good experience. The thing about Americas is they have perfected SERVICE and FOOD for an outstanding experience. Chris was our waiter although we were checked on by many. It was a great experience and the restaurant week menu was excellent. Will definitely be back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went during restaurant week and were extremely happy. We will be back. Food and service were excellent. Food would be worth regular price but with restaurant week, it was even better. Highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Took an out of town guest to Americas for a business dinner with colleagues. The service, food and overall experience was wonderful and made a great impression on our guest. We had a variety of starters and mains: famous churrassco steak, mixed grill, fish of the day and a chicken dish. All of them were excellent. Our waiter was friendly, helpful, and on target with timing for us.

The Cordua family creates unique food that is simply not found at any other restaurant in Houston. We loved it.

Visited August 2013
“Very Disappointed with Restaurant Week at Americas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We dine at Americas regularly. We love the food and the service each time we go. Our daughter wanted to go there for restaurant week and we were very disappointed. We were put in the very back room. No ambiance at all. Just two flat screen TVs on the walls. Thank goodness they weren't turned on. The room was also very hot. The service was very poor. We never got a wine menu. When I asked the waiter about the wine, he simply pointed to the wine pairings on the restaurant week menu. He never offered to bring me a wine list. We have never had that happen in a restaurant. I saw a different waiter do the same thing to another table, and they ended up not ordering anything because of it. I ordered a glass of wine, but the waiter never asked if I wanted another one when I finished my first. In fact our waiter was almost nonexistent. He asked us what we wanted to drink, asked us what we wanted to eat. Never made any suggestions or explained the menu. The bus boy took better care of us then our waiter. I don't think we'll be coming back to Americas for Restaurant week again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere