“Simply PERFECT!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Americas River Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Transit: Metro Bus available
texas
“Simply PERFECT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Made reservations 3 days in advance celebrating Houston Restaurant Week. Got there early, had drinks at the bar and dinner was on time. Waitstaff was superb and every entree we had was DELICIOUS! Mojitos were as good as we had them in Puerto Rico. We could not have asked for a more PERFECT dinner. Ambiance & decor were spot on! We will definitely be back for more and soon!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“Interesting decor / great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

You'll find lots to discuss with your dinner date as you both look around this restaurant. Very interesting decorations all around you! The food is very good, we enjoyed everything we tried.

Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Treat Yourself”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are in the mood to feel special, dine at the Americas restaurant. The ambianceis exquisite. The waitestaff wonderful. And the food is where fantasy meets reality. Your mouth will water at the aroma of happiness approaches your table. The chicken melts in your mouth. It is so tender you don't need teeth. The rice was divine. The vegetables were crisp and delicious. And there are no words to describe the chocolate mousse. Mmmmm. You deserve the best. Treat yourself to Americas.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a different place to take my mom to brunch for Mothers Day and found this place on Open Table. I checked out their website and it showed $35 for Brunch. Thats a bit pricier than what I usually spend for brunch but my mom loves Latin food so
I decided to splurge. The decor was unexpected and unique. I love the big tables and booths. We got a 2 seater table and it was ok - i wish we had more people to get one of those elaborate booths. I liked the separate area for buffet- it was very organized and things were replenished quickly. On top of that they had carving stations, crepe station, omelette station and pasta station. The food was good, not AMAZING but very good. I was a bit suprised when the waiter offered us bottomless mimosas for additonal $12 and then said that was on top of the $49 for brunch. Where the heck did $49 come from? I asked did he mean $49 was the brunch and bottomless mimosas and he reclarified that brunch alone was $49. I was a bit shocked that the website didnt show this. $35 was a stretch but an additional $14 per person was even worse. I didnt want to argue because it was Mothers Day and I didnt want to ruin my moms experience. My mom enjoyed it alot and at the end of the day that is what mattered most to me. I wouldnt pay $49 again for brunch here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We had an overall awesome experience. We decided to go to dinner at Americas the night before we had to go to the hospital to be induced for labor to have our first baby. Byron was our waiter and he was awesome and made it a very special night for us. We will for sure be back.

• Visited April 2013