“Great place very near downtown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houston
La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast
You added La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast to your Saves list
2800 Brazos St., Houston, TX 77006 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #1 of 39 Houston B&B and Inns
Canyon Lake, Texas
“Great place very near downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice new B&B. Good food, great accommodations. Close to DT, museums, etc, Wonder people own/run this B&B. I'll stay there next time I'm in Houston. Free parking. Why would you stay at some chain hotel? This is like staying at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Was in Houston for a conference in July of 2013. Stayed at La Maison at the recommendation of a friends and it was fantastic. The owners were extremely hospitable and made me feel welcome. The rooms are fantastic. Like walking into a SPA/Retreat. The owners called me a few days before arrival to ask if I had any specific food requests for breakfast. (That has never happened to me before and I travel a lot). Breakfast was delicious and every afternoon the owners Sharon and Genora put out "Afternoon Tea"! Wine, Cheese, crackers fruit, etc. I found myself wanting my afternoon meetings to end so I could get back and connect with the other guests. Great experience and highly recommend saying at La Maison in Midtown!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room in the entire place. It was outstanding.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We always stay at B&B's and Houston doesn't have a large selection especially near downtown. Found this to be a great choice, we loved the location, close to the museum district, easy to get to the lower Westheimer area for tons of restaurant options and in a decent part of town. On site parking is nice. The facility is newer, very clean and well appointed. Three stories with elevator, no problem with luggage. Great breakfast the next morning. We look forward to returning for a Texans game, the train is about four blocks away that can take you right to the stadium and back.

Room Tip: Room 302 is a good value, smaller with a queen bed but great for one night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

La Maison was built in 2009 by 2 ladies - Sharon and Genora - who spent 5 years learning about the B&B business, visiting B&B's and taking courses. The design and layout is outstanding. My wife and I stayed there for our anniversary and felt like we were in a friend's home. The B&B is very tastefully decorated and is designed with each guest's comfort in mind. Our room was very comfortable ... outside our second floor room was a large, wrap-around balcony. Breakfast was excellent. Parking is free and onsite. Downtown Houston, the Museum District, the Theater District are all within a 5 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

la Maison was our first stay at a B&B and we loved it. We weren't sure what to expect and we tend to be abit private. We were greeted at arrival and shown our rooms in a professional and friendly manner. We were also able to collect some insider knowledge of Houston including the best nearby restaurants. My dietary restrictions were noted and the breakfasts prepared were first rate. We were there for a couple days and never noticed any construction noise. I also loved the style throughout the building... My Mom loves Victorian but i appreciate a modern design so La Maison was perfect. In fact, there was several pieces that I'd like for my home! On the final day, the owner Sharon gave us some tickets to the Pablo Picasso exhibit ... Which was such a kind offer. We loved both Houston and La Maison and will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We regularly stay in B&B's across the country. This one is in a fairly new facility and as such has modern facilities, although it does lack the charm of older houses. The hosts were excellent. The house has a wraparound porch/balcony - nice touch, however it overlooks an apartment building under construction directly across the street. Not much of a view. Bedside lighting in our room consisted of one lamp mounted on the wall. It was OK for one side of the bed, but the other was dark. Our breakfast was ordinary when compared to other B&B's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We traveled to Houston in January to see an exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts. We were so lucky to have found this wonderful B&B. Access from the highway and to the museum were easy. Parking behind the B&B was free. We could walk to lots of excellent restaurants (as well as to a drug store which was unfortunately necessary during our stay). The room was scrupulously clean, comfortable, quiet, and had everything we could want, including a terrific bed and a charming balcony. The common rooms on the first floor were welcoming and elegant. Breakfast was delicious and ample. Happy hour in the afternoon had tasty snacks and good wine. Best of all are the people. We loved talking with Sergio, the breakfast cook who is also a professional musician. Sharon was amazingly helpful and both interesting & interested. Tommi always seemed to be around if we needed anything. I have some dietary restrictions but never felt deprived because of the effort made to make sure I had good things to eat within my limitations. We would go back again just to stay at La Maison.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast? Share your experiences!