“Great find, can't wait to return” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houston
La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast
2800 Brazos St., Houston, TX 77006 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #1 of 40 Houston B&B and Inns
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great find, can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here just for one night to celebrate his birthday in the city (we live out in the suburbs). The place feels like a New Orleans French Quarter boutique hotel, yet it is only a few years old and in a now trendy part of Houston, just south of downtown. It is clean and comfortable. Nice upscale touches in the room were a lint removal roller and cotton balls. The bed was very comfortable. The balcony is also nice for sitting out when the weather permits and giving a feeling of extra space to the room. The co-owner, Sharon was very friendly and saw to our every need. Chef Sergio cooked up an excellent breakfast (the peach croissant with mascarpone was wonderful!) - we were even offered seconds, despite a plentiful helping first time around. The evening we arrived we had "urban tea" which is actually wine and cheese and snacks, along with several of the other guests - sitting around the breakfast bar in the large kitchen was very convivial. We hadn't made dinner reservations but Sharon got us in at Ibiza, an excellent nouveau-mediterranean restaurant we could walk to - there are other restaurants also within walking distance, including top-rated Brennan's and Damian's. This place is so much nicer than a chain hotel. Perfect for a city break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
AUSTIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Amazing! If you need to stay near downtown, there's no better option. The breakfast, staff, room and common areas were all first class. Parking only steps from your room. Walk to great bars and restaurants. In room fresh flowers. Every inch of this place was spotless.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This place is spectacular!!! The service is grand the food is excellent!!! I will stay here a million times over!!! It was great! Pristine, serene it was more than any bed and breakfast I've ever seen. I'm a very particular traveler and I love world class accommodations... This is perfect for upscale travelers

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Clean, extremely tastefully appointed, intimate, a real pleasure to stay here. Just a few blocks away from Midtown, Houston's most vibrant neighborhood. A marvelous alternative to generic business hotels, feels truly homey yet affords much more privacy than a traditional B & B. Sharon the owner was super friendly and highly accommodating. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I just experienced a magical weekend get away for our Wedding Anniversary in our own hometown at the La Maison B&B in Houston. Although it looks like it stepped out of the French Quater in New Orleans, La Maison is only approximately 4 years old and yet has all the charm of a historical B&B. Owners Genora and Sharon have spared no expense in their furniture and decor. Although the views from the balcony aren't that great (after all it is in mid-town) it was nice to sit outside each morning and watch the bustle of Houston, so definately get a room with balcony access. (However, the rooms are extremely quiet - no problem there). AC and Wi-Fi worked great. Breakfast was also a treat each morning. This B&B is minutes away from downtown, the museum district and the fabulous selection of mid-town restaurants. We had a great time during our stay and hit the museums during the day and fine dining restaurants at night. It was a great get-away weekend. Genora and Sharon could not have been nicer. Cannot more highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The rooms are well insulataed. Could not hear traffic at all. Some rooms don't have balcony ac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Won a stay at the B&B at a silent auction and was very impressed. Rated as one ofthe top B&B's in the US by B&B.com I wasnt let down. Interior looks brand new and covers all amenities you'd need. Has a home feel to it but with enough privacy for it to equally be a great place for business or a romantic staycation. Really impressed by this place and plan on referring it a good deal. Staff was so friendly and provided free wine and urban high tea service in the early evening, complimentary breakfast, and all for the same room rate as a Holiday Inn kind of place.

• Stayed July 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My parents stayed here for Thanksgiving 2011 because I was already occupying my brother's spare bed nearby in Midtown. What a gorgeous place! We went by before my parents arrived and one of the employees gave us a tour to show us all of the rooms and the common spaces. Everything was immaculately clean, very comfortable and inviting. Nothing against B&Bs with more of a Victorian decor, but this place is just so much more modern and comfortable.

The breakfasts my parents were served here were fantastic. The owners even invited my brother and me over for breakfast despite us not even staying there. One night the owner made a meal with something my mother liked and when she found out we already had a dinner reservation, she set aside leftovers for my mom to take the next day when my parents left. I have traveled quite a bit for work and holiday and I can honestly say I've never seen anywhere more accommodating and gracious than La Maison.

This B&B is highly recommended if you're visiting the Downtown/Midtown area of Houston. I would even prefer it over a hotel since it's only 5 minutes from Downtown and the parking is secure and free. It's so convenient to walk and the light rail is only a few blocks away, as are many restaurants, bars and a grocery store.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Maison in Midtown, an urban bed and breakfast? Share your experiences!