“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #138 of 457 Hotels in Houston
“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

I was in town for a wedding with my husband and we stayed 2 nights at this hotel because it was so close to the airport and we love starwood hotels. This hotel definitely lived up to the starwoood reputation and our expectations.

The hotel was very pretty and the beds were super comfortable. We ate breakfast and had dinner/drinks in the hotel restaurant one night. The restaurant was so good and reasonably priced that we didn't feel like we were in a hotel restaurant at all and we didn't want to leave the hotel. The hotel even had a jacuzzi, which is becoming harder to find in hotels these days.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through houston, especially if you are flying into Hobby airport. They have a fast, free airport shuttle and the staff is great

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011 via mobile

This hotel came highly recommended by Enterprise Jet. Unfortunately, it is falling apart. That is surprising considering it is supposed to be two months old.

The toilet paper dispenser was falling off the wall and you could see where the used a gloss paint to cover the old dispenser location (the rest of the wall is flat paint).

The lower shower faucet was not properly secured and felt like it could come out of the wall when I turned the shower on.

There was a 6 inch area of missing sheet rock near the door.

The shades don't close.

There are no outlets in the main room. I had to run my laptop plug to a bed from the bathroom.

The bed was so close to the bathroom I had to walk sideways to get by. If you are wondering, I am average height and weight.

I spend 18 nights a month in hotel rooms. I have never seen a new property in this state of disrepair.

• Stayed May 2010
rohitdand, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We have had high success rates and a strong relationship with Enterprise Jet. We are truly sorry for the unsatisfactory stay. If you encountered any issues during your stay, we would have been glad to upgrade you to a superior room. As we are a brand new hotel, continuous updates and improvements are necessary to verify satisfaction. Additional outlets are available on the work desk and all fixtures are a Starwood brand standard.

Please allow us the opportunity to gain your trust. As many other guests have claimed, we aim to take care of any issue encountered.

Thank you.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

The front desk is very helpful, I was stuck in Mardi Gras traffic and arrived after midnight, but they did not give me a hard time about checking in so late. They also advised me on places to go locally for various services and allowed me to have a late checkout without hassle.

The only problem was that the curtains didn't close. I called the desk and they said most of the rooms did not have closing curtains (why? I don't know), so it was hard to block out the noise from the highway and the sunlight as I needed to sleep an extra hour after a late night of driving.

The bedding was nice and smelled fresh, huge plus! There is nothing worse than stinky pillows and sheets!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
rohitdand, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you for the feedback. We aim to correct any issues at our hotel and have followed up on your request. We have not had any complaints regarding the blinds and we hope to have the opportunity to prove it to you! Furthermore, our team is highly trained in responding to any issues and I apologize for the incorrect statement my team member. I have worked with the agent on this.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

My stay at the hotel was nothing but spectacular. Besides being a brand new facility, the service was prompt, the rooms were impeccable and the location was perfect. It was a perfect blend of posh class with efficient leisure.

My girlfriend and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
kenia4points, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you so much for the feedback! We greatly appreciate your thoughts, and could not be any happier that your experience at our hotel was nothing but the best. The whole staff strives for excellence, and knowing that your experience at our hotel was exceptional helps us know we are on the right track.
Union Springs, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I had to change hotels due to an airline problem and even though I stayed at another Sheraton four points in houston at the bush airport. Corporate said it shouldnt be a problem getting re-embursed my nights stay at this hotel , specially sense we would be staying there after the cruise. Well the hotel manager said Too bad no refund, but the next time you are in houston you can eat at our lousy breakfast for free if you stay here. I would recommend staying somewhere else as it is also very noisy here, and a bad area of town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the response. The Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport apologizes for the confusion. Please be advised that when booking a non-refundable rate, you are granted a larger discount than when booking the best flexible rate. We hold the utmost integrity when following Starwood corporate guidelines. We advise all guests to book directly on our website and understand the policies for each rate booked. We offered a complimentary meal as good faith, but it is against policy to refund non-refundable reservations. Thank you.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel when I was in town for work. I am a frequent business traveler, so I've seen it all. This hotel was definitely one of the best I have stayed in.

The hotel is brand new (they told me they opened about a month ago) so it is clean and the rooms are in perfect condition. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and my room had an HD TV.

Even though the hotel only opened recently, the staff was excellent and was obviously well-trained. They were attentive to all of my needs, and check-in was prompt and courteous. I took the hotel shuttle both to and from the airport, and only had a very short wait each time. The breakfast at the restaurant was enjoyable and quick. The fitness center had the coolest treadmills I have ever seen!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to those who are in the Houston Hobby area for business. It is super close to the airport, brand new and well-staffed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the feedback! We are very happy to be the only starwood property within the hobby area. Starwood believes in excellence and the four points Houston Hobby is here to offer just that and more. Our staff strives for excellence and we are happy to know that such great service was accomplished during your visit. Thank you!
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

This area has been in dire need of additional hotels for some time now, and this property certainly is a welcome addition to this part of the city. This is a brand-new building, located conveniently on the I-45 access road about three blocks from the airport. It is very convenient to get to, has the requisite fitness room, outdoor pool, very nice lobby and dining area/bar as well. The rooms still have the "new-carpet" smell and are nicely decorated. Being that there is a lack of new properties in this part of the city, this is a fine place if coming to South Houston and/or the Houston Hobby area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!