“Holiday Inn Hotel- Houston Westchase” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #132 of 451 hotels in Houston
Hopewell, Virginia
“Holiday Inn Hotel- Houston Westchase”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

First, let me say, book any hotel in Houston and surrounding areas as soon as you can because they all sell out. In such a large city who would have thought. We were researching the area for relocation and visited Kemah, Pearland, Richmond, Katy and Houston and we rented by the night depending on where we were (Note: Kemah was also a very nice Holiday Inn). We stayed at several different hotels throughout our trip always trying to pick a Holiday Inn, but not always finding one where we wanted it or that had the rooms we needed. So to end our trip, we booked this hotel for two nights because it was in the area we wanted to be and it had the right handicap accommodations for my dad. Ashleigh at the front desk was the most helpful and friendly front desk person we had the pleasure to work with during out trip to Houston. It's also not far from the Galleria and conveniently located next to the Sam Houston PWY and Westpark Toll. Drive to Hobby Airport was approximately 30 minutes (of nail biting traffic!)

We rented two rooms (king and handicapped). The first night they were not able to get our rooms on the same floor but they were able to make the change on our 2nd day there. Upon check in, being a Priority Club Member, we were offered our choice of beverage. Usually we just get a bottle of water and a bag of chips but this hotel had airplane bottles of alcohol/wine/beer and they had DEWARS, which was my father's brand. They also provided mixers (water/soda) and a bag of trail mix. My husband and I each asked for the Crown Royal. So, I would say this Holiday Inn was a bit upscale from most of them. Our rooms were huge and included all the amenities you needed including coffee maker, microwave, fridge, and my dad's handicap room had a living room as well, so we hung out in there. Our king bed room also had a couch and was roomy. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and I would say comparable to The Hilton.

The hotel was clean and modern. The elevators worked well. The ice machine is near the elevators and if you go through a door where the ice machine is, you will find a small laundry room. It was all very clean. There is a firepit outside although I didn't use it. Housekeeping was wonderful. My dad made a huge mess in the handicapped bathroom and got water all over the floor. They cleaned it up right away.

My only complaint is of the sports restaurant in the hotel. The waitstaff lacked the proper service and they were not busy. We had drinks one night, and breakfast twice and they were never busy. We paid for breakfast with our rooms and the first morning they had a breakfast buffet (weekday) and they ran out of biscuits and I asked if they had more. We waited a long time and no one got back to us about when they would have them put out. I asked the waitress again and finally the cook came out of the kitchen with a fresh batch of biscuits. We had to ask for butter and jelly as it was not provided on the tables or on the buffet table and was never offered. The second morning we ordered off the menu and service was again not good. They didn't bring my husband's order of fresh fruit, and they didn't ask me what type of toast I wanted until after they brought out my meal. The food, however, was good. The waitstaff just didn't seem to know what they were doing and what they did do, they did slowly. There is a restaurant right next door (Cheddar’s) and if we stay here again, we will try them out.

I did not use the internet. I have my own internet service and don't trust using Wi-Fi. I did not use the gym or the pool. There is an ATM on site. It only took us 10/15 min. to get to Richmond for more house hunting and since we didn’t travel during rush hour, the commute was fine. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn. It stands out from the rest by far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us in March 2013! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we are doing well, and the areas that need our immediate attention. Please know that we take all of our Guests' comments heart, and are constantly striving to improve our hotel and service.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Kerri A.
Holiday Inn Houston Westchase

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Schulenburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

First off, we booked our room thru booking.com & was offered a descent rate which was suppose to include a breakfast. However, the 1st morning we were told by the waiter that there is no free breakfast w/ our stay. I went to discuss this w/ the front desk clerk but no one was there, only a note stating they would be "return shortly". I waited a good while & no one came but 2 other hotel personnel walked by & saw me standing there & never offered any assistance. I went back to the restaurant when no one came to the front desk & spoke to the waiter again. He stated that" the website states that just to lure people to stay". I couldn't believe he said that to us. I'm not sure if he was new or just not trained but we had to initially wait as others were ahead of us to be seated. Their was only one person working in the restaurant. One time, he shouted at a customer regarding their order from across the restaurant. He was very friendly but just needs a little training and professionalism. Also, we were suppose to get hash browns with our plate and it wasn't served w/ it. While we were in the restaurant, 6 others were also told there was no breakfast w/ their stay. Our receipt specificly stated a breakfast was included. During the night, the neighboring guest very very loud and we could evening hear someone snoring. The room was clean, nice, roomy and the location was very close to where we need to be for our trip. I did notify booking.com about our stay but got a response stating " they contacted the hotel and the hotel stated we did have breakfast and it was free". I'm not sure if they really called the hotel or not but if they really had, the computer would have shown that we PAID for our food that morning! I even sent them a copy of our receipt which clearly shows we PAID but got no respone.
This was very disappointing to me! I specifically booked this hotel because I wanted one that came with a breakfast and again it looked nice from the photos & was close to our destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay, and I am so sorry to hear that you had a less than exceptional experience with us. It is always our intention to provide all of our Guests' with a warm lasting impression of our hotel, and I am sorry that we failed to do that. Rest assured that all of your comments and suggestions have been shared with our Management and Staff. We will definitely get to the bottom of your concerns regarding your reservation process and our lack of attention to detail regarding our communication on whether or not breakfast was included in your room rate.

I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to prove just how exceptional we can be, and please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to assist you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many Holiday Inns, and this one by far is one of the best ones. The hotel looks very new. The room decor was nice and the bed was soft.
Each time I went downstairs, the staff greeted me. The next time I return to Houston, I will make it a point to return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice, new Holiday Inn in the Westchase District. Westchase is booming right now so it's hard to find a room but I would look elsewhere because of the oft-reported Internet problems. Once they get those problems fixed, it's a good place to stay.

When I checked in I was told they were working on the Internet and was offered a cable! Come on guys, join the 21st century... not a single device I own can use a cable connection to the Internet - they all assume a hotel (especially one that appears brand new) would have wireless. I was pleasantly surprised when my Mac connected to the HI wireless but it didn't last long; I was soon disconnected and couldn't get back on.

I am not sure what these "Internet doesn't work" reviews do for others but, for me, this is not a place I would stay again. As a business traveller, I depend on a dependable connection.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear RedSpyder,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

However, We’re sorry about the poor internet connection. We will look into this. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
zurich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a comfortable business hotel, but there were enough little things that were wrong during the week that I would think twice before recommending. The wifi was very inconsistent and many nights I was very frustrated trying to get on-line. Also the cable TV was out of order for three nights. In addition, the swimming pool was closed for maintenance the entire week, annoying as that was one of the main reasons i picked the hotel. The food was very mediocre at the hotel Sporting News restaurant. In addition the shower leaked in the bathroom and flooded the floor each morning, it took me a few days to figure out you have to stuff a towel into the door crack to prevent this.

To be fair the room was clean and comfortable with a decent bed, and the desk staff are friendly - that is about all the good I can say. Also note that if you don't have a rental car, its an expensive taxi trip from either airport and there are only two restaurants within walking distance (Cheddars and Red Robin), so if don't have business in the immediate area, you might look elsewhere.

Lastly, I had asked the hotel to call me a taxi to get me to the airport. A limousine showed up, and when I told them I wanted a taxi they insisted it would be the same price. The limo turned out to be $15 more ($95 vs $80 for a taxi right from the airport, and I left on a Sunday with no traffic so the trip was even shorter).

Any hotel can have something go wrong, but this property seems to be weak on the little details that make a place worth returning to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel, and your suggestions on how we can make ourselves better. I wanted to let you know that I am in the process of sharing your comments with our Staff and making every effort to improve so that other Guests are not experiencing the same inconveniences that you did during your recent stay. I sincerely hope you come back again and give us the opportunity to show you just how exceptional we can be.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

My Girls and I stayed at this hotel for NYE. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very helpful and friendly... We loved our room && I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in a business trip and we choose this hotel because is close to the office (sales office).
For my surprise the Hotel is very good, clean with a excelent bed and bathroom.
The only thing not so good is the deliveries I was waiting from Amazon.com. I missed one delivery - due to Amazon - but the concierge was not excited about checking if something arrived for me.
Anyways it was October, Houston was hot, wonderful weather and I could easily move to the Memorial Mall and Fry's and Town & Country Center.
We had very good dinning during three days.
I would repeat my staying there.

Room Tip: Check if your courtines really leave your room dark - I mean if they close properly.