“Close to Head Office” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 447 hotels in Houston
Sao Paulo, SP
“Close to Head Office”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in a business trip and we choose this hotel because is close to the office (sales office).
For my surprise the Hotel is very good, clean with a excelent bed and bathroom.
The only thing not so good is the deliveries I was waiting from Amazon.com. I missed one delivery - due to Amazon - but the concierge was not excited about checking if something arrived for me.
Anyways it was October, Houston was hot, wonderful weather and I could easily move to the Memorial Mall and Fry's and Town & Country Center.
We had very good dinning during three days.
I would repeat my staying there.

Room Tip: Check if your courtines really leave your room dark - I mean if they close properly.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon!

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chesterfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fisrt I'll cut to the chase. This is a very good business hotel for a few nights stay and I would recommend it.
We moved our company office to the Westchase area and I visted for the first time last week and was based in this hotel. The staff were friendly and welcoming and as a Priority Club member I recieved a bag of goodies at check in including a bottle of water, wine and snacks. The hotel is nicely appointed with modern feel (almost like a boutique hotel in parts) and kept is clean and tidy at all times. The rooms were large and included all the amenities you needed including coffee maker, microwave, fridge, wireless internet etc. and the beds are so comfortable with a choice of pillows.
A couple of downsides for me were the food quality in the Sports Bar & Grill. The breakfast and evening menu's offered a reasonbable choice but the food quality was a bit hit and miss. According to the staff I spoke to this depends on which chef is on duty. This didnt really impact me because we ate out most nights anyway. The second is the gym and pool facility. The pool is too small to swim and the gym had only the very basic equipment.
I stayed over the weekend because fo my travel arrangements and the hotel was dead with only a handful of guests. Aparently their weekend rates are high in comparison to other local hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for our shortcomings, and rest assured we are taking your comments to heart. I hope that you will stay with us again soon as we are constantly striving to improve our hotel and services.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

"Late entry review"
My first visit to Texas: I stayed April 6-9, 2012, while visiting a friend. This is a beautiful hotel.
Friendly staff. Simply love Holiday Inn's "New look", the most comfy bed! Everything was nice clean! All appliances worked great. No complaints.
I liked that they had a Cheddar's right next door. My first time at a Cheddar's as well.
I would stay here again, on my next visit. I had experienced a great stay In Holiday Inn Jacksonville, FL March 2012. Loved it there too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. I will also pass along your kind comments regarding Cheddars to their Ownership. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our children and myself accompanied my husband on a week-long business trip to Houston in mid-July. This is by far the best Holiday Inn that we've ever experienced. It was very clean and the staff (especially the morning restaurant staff) were top notch. We ate breakfast daily and it was always great. Kids eat meals free, so that was a nice bonus. It is an excellent hotel for families and would also be great for an extended stay arrangement as well as the routine business traveler.
Our only two concerns were the only dinner we ate there wasn't great and the service not nearly as good as the morning. The evening dinner took 2 hours due to very slow service and my dinner was served raw and had to be redone. Neither my husband nor I were impressed with our dishes anyway. Our other concern was with the pool. They have a nice pool/fitness area and even have pool toys. The problem is that the water was very cold and cloudy, so our kids were very disappointed and only ended up swimming once.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel! I am so sorry that you had some issues during your stay, but rest assured they are being addressed with our dedicated staff.

We sincerely hope to see you again in the future, and thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention.
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was my first stay at a new Holiday Inn in years. This compares very nicely with any upper tier business travel hotel. They have quality decor and furnishings, it's very well maintained, and has an acceptable restaurant. The location has pretty good access off the frontage road, but there's only a Cheddar's adjacent to walk to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you again soon!
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed there on business April 25-28, 2012. Cheddars next door which is convienient. One of the nicest and upscale Holiday-Inns I've stayed at. The beds were great! The shuttle driver, Hazel drove us around the Westheimer area to find places to eat. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you! We look forward to serving you again.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Hotel is clean, new. It smells great everyday when I get back to my room! The front desk staff are extremely friendly and courtsey. I also find the restaurant staff are equally passionate about their job, making my dining experience there a pleasant one. Needless to say, its location is very conveniently close to Sam Houston PWY and Westpark Toll road. Highliy recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WOW! Thank you for your comments.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase? Share your experiences!