“Absolutely loved Eddie V's!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 7,278 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Absolutely loved Eddie V's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Met old friends from UK here for dinner and Birthday celebration! What a fabulous restaurant. Great ambiance , outstanding staff and service and wonderful food! We had a truly memorable evening and would say it was a highlight of our visit to Houston and USA.

Visited November 2013

“Great Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had dined at the Eddie V's in Austin and was anxious to try the Houston Kirby location so thought I would splurge for my birthday. We were seated promptly in a nice booth that turned out to be very quiet so we could chat easily. Our waiter, Jesus, was charming, helpful and great at his job. The restaurant gave me a birthday card signed by the staff. Very thoughtful. First course for me was lobster bisque. It was very good. My friend has a caesar salad and she thought that it was a little more tart than she prefered, but the lettuce was beautiful and the portion was huge. I had the filet of sole and my friend has the redfish. Both dishes were excellent. I loved the crispiness of the parmesan coating. The portions were enormous. Neither of us could finish our meal. We had a side of brussels sprouts and they were a little disappointing. A little too firm for our taste, but the flavor was good. They treated me to dessert and we had the Godiva cake served hot with ice cream. It was divine. When we were entering and leaving, the other wait staff greeted us and then wished us well for the evening. I thought that it was a lovely dining experience. It is expensive for my wallet, but it will definitely be a go-to place for other special occasions.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Great New Years Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Two couples went to dinner at Eddie V's in City Centre on New Years Eve and went before our reservation intending to have a drink in the bar before sitting down to eat. The bar was packed except for the multiple tables and multiple booths that were empty but with "Reserved" signs on them. That was when we learned for the first time that you could make a reservation for the bar in addition to a reservation for dinner. But, our table was ready and so we went directly into the dining room and had that drink there instead. Everyone had seafood: 2 redfish, 1 salmon and 1 scallops plus sides all around and everything was excellent. The dining room was full, but the service was very good. We were not rushed at all, enjoying a couple of cocktails before even ordering. Overall, very, very nice.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Excellent Full Service Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Suffice it to say we (6 people) had a wonderful time. From our server to the food, everything was wonderful. Fresh, excellent tasting meals and appetizers, knowledgeable and good natured wait staff, top shelf drinks, it was an excellent dining experience.

Overall, the place is a little expensive, however, when service and quality of food is that good, wherein a person can go and enjoy their friends company and not have to think about anything as the servers and helpers move around quietly always ensuring you don't have to ask for something because they anticipate what their customers want, you have a winning experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Birthday celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We came here for my sister's birthday the atmosphere was great the live music was awesome my only complaint would be the prices I'm not the one to go to a restaurant and spend over $150 just for dinner for 2 people the service was definitely great the waiter was awesome he knew exactly what he was talking about but to me the prices were a little too rich for my blood if you don't have a problem with spending money this is definitely the great place to come in the atmosphere was awesome