“Terrific new hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Delaware
“Terrific new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Brand new hotel. We stayed in one of the suites. Spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable (I am quite picky). Front desk extremely courteous. We stayed at the Sheraton down the street the previous year. However, it was way more expensive so we decided to try the Holiday Inn. Glad we did- we would happily stay here again as it is comparable to the Sheraton and much better priced. The stay could not have been better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for being our guest and letting the trip advisor community know of your great stay here. We strive continously to try and achieve complete guest satisfaction and we are so happy that appears we did. I will forward your comments to my staff and let them know to keep up the great work!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I must admit, when I heard I was staying at a Holiday Inn, I had serious doubts. I mean, really, a HOLIDAY INN? It conjured up images of 25 cent Magic Fingers bed vibrators and sleazy desk clerks. But this one is nothing at all like that.

The hotel is less than one year old as of this writing (Feb '13) and it's really quite nice. Here's the good:

Lovely lobby, rooms and common areas decorated in cheery colors
Small, well stocked convenience store
Courtesy shuttle for local trips
Great staff - extremely helpful and kind
Great in room lighting
Lovely LG HD television with wide assortment of channels (it wasn't all news and ESPN, thank Heaven)
In room refrigerator
Good food in the restaurant with lovely staff (ask for Stefanie)
Great bathroom with excellent lighting
Good work area in the room
Well priced for what you get
Excellent for a business trip
Extremely clean

The bad:

Bed was rock hard - not the best sleep I've ever gotten
Pillows are just awful
HVAC is a little uneven - the humidity was very high for a February and I really couldn't get the room temperature to be totally comfortable due to the wonky weather

I'd stay there again, but I'd bring my own pillow if it would fit in my suitcase!

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be the same and there are no 'great views'. There is also no street...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Holiday Inn has done an absolutely terrific job of updating all of their hotels over the last couple of years and the new prototypes we are building are absolutely beautiful and we are so glad you thought so too!

We are certainly hope we have made you a fan of the brand and of course our hotel and we look so forward to you being our guest again.
Palestine, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is a little pricey if you have to buy the standard rates during a busy season. However, catch a special or get a corporate rate and the value is there. The front desk staff are always super friendly and helpful. The food is good at the restaurant. It's very nice for business since there is a bar service available without leaving the hotel. Rooms are nicely equipped for business. Being new, I hope they keep it up because it will be a long-term choice for me visiting nearby office complexes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we are truly glad you really like our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Italia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Spent there about 4 nights. Brand new hotel, fair size rooms, very comfortable, very clean. Hotel personnel very kind and extremely efficient. Helped me out with taxi and other transport arrangements. Very useful: the hotel offers a customized shuttle service at no cost for the sourrounding areas, which is extremely useful if you are there for business as many major Companies are located within few miles. Breakfast has not many options but the essential is there. Hotel rates (early December) were affordable and well worthy the services offered. Gym and pool are small, but if you like jogging there are plenty of path passing just outside the hotel.
Definitely a place to recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience here at my hotel. We want to thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Found the staff at the Hotel very friendly and helpful.
The menu in the restaurant/bar was very good although limited, there is a lunchtime buffet that changes daily.
The rooms are clean and the facilities very good.
The pool and small fitness centre are quiet as this Hotel is out of Town and seems rarely used by the Tourist and Families, from what I can see this Hotel is mainly used by business clientele.
The surrounding area is mainly offices and residential, but there is a Golf course only 2 blocks away.
Shopping Malls are within a 10 minute car ride away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is new and in a good location right off the Beltway and near I-10. Good location for business. The decor is tasteful and modern. There are several cozy seating areas in case you decide to hang around in the lobby area. The staff was super nice. The mattress and pillows were too firm for my taste and I had difficultly sleeping. Despite that, I would likely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lugano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went for three days on a business trip, and I can say the service in this Hotel is amazing. I hardly recommend it!!! The people at the reception desk, the cleaning ladies, very gently and disposed to answer at client needs.
The gym is very well maintained (they offer in water and towels), the swimming pool clean.
The rooms are comfortable and clean! They have all facilities you need on a business trip. In the room you’ll find: coffee machine, iron + iron desk, hair dryer.
The only thing I had to complain is the restaurant, the portions are incredibly big (American style) and the cook wasn’t in his best mood so I received my meal cold. Even when the waiters’ service was excellent!
Obviously if you don’t have a car you can’t get anywhere in Houston, so the Hotel arrange a free shuttle in the near areas!!! That’s really great!! Sometimes you have to wait a bit cause it has been occupied by other clients. But this idea I find it AWSOME!!! Very well done Jose and Chris (two drivers, handymen, IT, etc.. :) ), they made my stay more comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Houston West-Westway Park? Share your experiences!