“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Natchitoches, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown Houston and had a wonderful stay. The staff was helpful and the hotel was great and conveniently located to many of the things that we wanted to do while in Houston. I would definately reccommend this hotel to anyone staying in downtown Houston and looking for a good place to stay with their family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Frisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I loved the hotel, the service and people were awesome but the parking was over priced. $20-$30 dollars per night, that adds up! The Holiday inn down the street had free breakfast and free parking, we had friends that stayed there and it was very nice as well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was in Houston for my friend's wedding in July. My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel because it was about 1 mile away from the reception venue and it has great reviews. If I visit Houston again, I will not stay here for the following reasons.

1. On my first evening being there, things already went wrong. After checking in, we dropped off our luggage in the room and immediately went down to the dinning for their complimentry drinks and snacks. We proceeded on getting our snacks but couldn't figure out where people got their cocktails. There were no signage. Apparently, the bar was hidden on the other side of the dinning room. After figuring that out, we stood in line for a good 10 minutes. Came our turn, the bartender refused to serve us because it was 7:30pm which was the cut off time. I couldn't believe it. They should've let me know before I stood in line. Technically, we were there before the cut off time. It wasn't my fault that they only had one person attending bar for a large crowd. Also, there were only 2 other people behind me. If she wanted to, she could have served us. That was just poor customer service.

To think this hotel is part of the Hilton group...

2. After finishing our snack, we went back to our room to rest. To our amazed, we found spots of bloods on the bed sheets when we pulled off the comforter. I immediately called the front desk for room service. We waited for 30 minutes and no one showed up. At this time, I was tired and sleepy from the early flight. So I called the front desked again and 10 minutes later 2 maids came. I showed them the blood stain and they had the audacity to ask me if the sheet was cleaned. I was appalled at their question. Obviously, they did not change the sheet before I checked in.

3. High parking fee. I thought this was a rip off for being in Texas where land is not an issued. I understand if this was DC.

4. This last one is more of me rather than the hotel's fault. Since we frequent places along Bellaire Rd, we rather find another hotel in the area instead of driving 30-40 minutes 1 way everyday and would hit traffic depending on the time of day.

If it weren't for these issues, it can be a really nice hotel. But I still question their cleaniest because it was apparent that they don't alway change the bedsheets between customers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
gold river
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Front desk staff excellent, suites very clean and comfortable. Parking for $30.00 per night, plus tax, plus gratuity was the only drawback. parking lot next door charges $5:50 per day 4am-6.00 pm. At 6:00 pm, all street parking is free, until 7am the next morning The Hilton next door charges $20.00 per day, Hayat $15.00 per day self parking. If they drop it a bit down, they would double their business.

League city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Once again embassy suites stood up to their brand, awesome hotel chain, very clean and spacious rooms, the managers reception is like no other. The morning breakfast is like wow cooked to order breakfast as well. Oh yeah they do recognize and honor the veterans as well as active duty military, would not stay any where else, if there is not embassy suites I will not travel there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Boca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I would absolutely return. Check in went smoothly, all employees were very friendly during my visit. Hotel appears relatively new and everything is very clean, nothing worn down. Rooms are a great size, with the standard two room set up for an Embassy Suites room, King bed in one room, small living area in the other room with a fold out. Bathroom was a nice size. Could use a little more counter or shelf space. However, there is a counter with a bar type sink in the living area inclusive of a small fridge and microwave. Nice size table in that room too. Room was very quite with a heavy door. Two flat screen TVs, the one in the living area was probably a 42" and the one in the bedroom a little smaller. Large selection of channels and good pictures, but not a good working guide for channel and show selection. Bed was very comfortable, as were the selection of pillows. Buffet breakfast comes with the room and it pretty much has anything you need: cereals, pastries, area to be served eggs, bacon, etc., and an area that they will cook what you want. I tried the restaurant one evening and wasn't impressed with the meal. Good location and felt safe walking even in the evening.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I love this hotel! The staff is very helpful and the hotel is gorgeous, with spacious rooms. I just started a new workout program, and the gym was equipped with more than I needed. The location is a little further from my office than other hotels, but I will stay here from now on, because it's a cut above the other places I've stayed in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!