“Great convention center hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, MN
“Great convention center hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Downtown Houston is pretty lame but this hotel was great if you at the George Brown Convention center. It is a block away and you walk through a lovely park to get there. The hotel is clean and super cute the way it is decorated. Kind of a modern theme with some country accents here and there like the white bathroom furniture and oddly shaped mirror. I will definitely stay again when I go to Houston for a convention.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Really fun decor, beautiful large modern rooms. Very clean. Breakfast was outstanding and the muffins may be the best muffins I have ever had. And they offer Diet Coke in to-go cups! (every other Embassy Suites uses cocktail glasses). Also, the breakfast stations were spread out so you were never waiting for people in front of you, even though they had a large crowd. Lots of seating also. Very comfortable. Front desk staff was terrific, polite and efficient. The only thing not great is that pulling up to the hotel, there is no room at all, you just stop on the street. But, I have to give credit to the Valet guys as they were fast and friendly and seemed to enjoy the challenge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Discovery Green Park
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Estero, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Most hotels in downtown Houston seemed to have cancelled their airport shuttles - meaning you need to take a $50-60 cab each way or the SuperShuttle. Their hotel shuttle that goes thru downtown Houston was excellent. Nice ride in an Escalade wherever you wanted to go downtown. Saved on cab fare. This hotel is 2 years old and gave us everything we asked for. We used our Hilton points for a 3 night free stay and were treated with style and grace. We needed extra towels androbes - got them in minutes. We needed the sofa bed made up - got it fast. Grab bar in shower was loose - no problem. Fixed while we had breakfast. The suite had plenty of room, nice closet space, plenty of drawers, good location. The Happy Hour included real alcohol, not just beer and wine like other hotels. It had cut up veggies, pepper poppers, chips and hummus and dip, salsa, excellent. Breakfast was superb. Freshly made omelets, bacon, pancakes, sausage, bagels, bread, cereal, juice, coffee, even soda. Excellent clean up service too. Elevators were rather slow - that is my only complaint - that and their person hotel shuttle stopped running at 10:30. Houston just gets going at 11!!! But otherwise, this is a great hotel with everything we needed. Employees remembered our names in one day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great place.

Room Tip: Anything away from elevators and stairs are fine with us.
Lakewood, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just got back after spending 4 nights at this hotel for work. The rooms were sufficient; the free drinks were good; and the free breakfast was very nice. Check-in was very efficient. After staying there, though, I'm a bit surprised that the hotel is the #1 hotel in all of Houston simply because there was nothing special about the hotel. My only complaint about the actual hotel was that the pillows were super thin and basically provided little to no support.

The area around the hotel is dead after 7pm unless there's a basketball game or concert nearby. Without a car, it was a little difficult to find good places to get a quick and inexpensive meal at night. Would I stay here again if I was in Houston for work? Yes. Would I be thrilled with needing to stay in downtown Houston? Not so much.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The free breakfast saved alot of money, and the made-to-order omelettes were great! Location is terrific - right across from the park, next to the convention center, 2 blocks from shopping plaza and the bowling ally and movie theater. No walgreens or cvs closeby in walking distance, but complimentary shuttle service provided by hotel got me there! The employees were ALL helpful and friendly, very personable, and made every guest eel welcomed. I will certainly stay there again when I'm in Houston.

Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because we purchased the Houston City Pass for the Aquarium, Zoo, and Arts and Science museum after coming from Kemah. You are like 5-8 minutes from everything. This hotel was amazing we stayed on the 19th floor close to restaurants and the Toyota Center is walking distance for basketball games. The rooms were clean and refreshing and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. The chefs prepared whatever you would like. My family and I will definitely return back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend top floors for spectacular views.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed at this Embassy Suites in the past and I'm glad I booked again. We were in for just a night this weekend and it was big enough for a family of 5(two teens, three adults). My favorite things about this ES were the modern decor, friendly front desk, nice valet, clean rooms, good breakfast, and manager's reception(this trip, I didn't get to make it to the free drinks, but last time that I stayed here I did). The only thing that makes me not give them a full rating of 'excellent' is the time it took us to check in, it seems there was some type of volleyball competition going on that weekend and there were so many people in the lobby waiting for rooms to be available. Good thing there were a couple of shopping stores nearby, or else we would have had to be stuck waiting along with all those volleyball kids and their families. Also, we needed an extra blanket in our room and two were brought up pretty quickly. If I go back to Houston for another quick trip, I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to other people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!