Stayed here during the NBA All Star Game.
Great Points here:
1. Complimentary breakfast and happy hour.
2. Excellent gym facility
3. It was too cold to use the pool, but it looked great. And, I would've swam there if it was warmer.
Not so good points (but not a deal breaker)
1. Room service is not 24 hours. So, if you want late night food, you have to use a local service that delivers.
2. The complimentary shuttle service agent is not very helpful. Sure, he'll drop you off somewhere but if you need a pick-up don't count on them. Basically, the driver said (in so many words), "I have no problem dropping you off but you are on your own to get back." With a caveat like that, why even use the shuttle. The agent just didn't seem to helpful. It was disappointing to hear a response like that. And, this was after all the NBA All Star hoopla.
Overall, it's an average 4 Star hotel. Would I stay here again, Yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're an all-suite, urban high-rise hotel overlooking Discovery Green and adjacent to the Houston Rockets' Toyota Center. The hotel is conveniently just steps away from the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Houston Pavilions shopping and entertainment complex.We offer free cooked-to-order breakfast, free WiFi and free evening cocktails at our nightly reception with your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel Houston