“Graduation Visit” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Graduation Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while visiting Houston for a Graduation Ceremony. The staff was truly amazing!! The food delicious. Who designed this hotel?! OMG--They did an Amazing Job! I could not stay in the room. I wanted to explore the fascinating decor. The fitness center is very well equipped. The pool area welcoming and beautiful. Although the Valet charge was $28, it was worth every penny. We moved around a lot and it was nice to walk out and have the car waiting for us. We will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

A beautiful facility, well maintained and decorated this is by far the nicest Embassy Suites we have been in.

The linens had a freshly laundered feel and smell that seems so lacking in far too many places we have stayed in. The entire hotel was clean, in capital letters, from the entrance to the room.

Check-in was flawless and very professional. The parking valets were on the spot and the bell service was pleasant and proficient.

The room was very nicely decorated and maintained everything worked like it should and appeared almost new. The furniture fit the room meaning that there was none of the older bulky, dark stuff with an old CRT TV stuck into it. Everything was modern and fresh looking. a real treat.

We didn’t avail ourselves of the ‘manager’s reception” because we went to a baseball game at Minute Maid park, home to the Houston Astros, well within walking distance. Breakfast was well organized even though quite crowded and well put on. If you are familiar with Embassy Suites breakfast is a cooked to order breakfast included in the room rate, a real deal.

We hated to leave and, no doubt about it, next time we are in Houston we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

We were in Houston with our 14 yr old son and his friends. Hotel was pretty much perfect. Chef Gregory cooked a huge batch of eggs and bacon for our boys. Drinks at the evening manager's reception were a good surprise. Valet went above and beyond as well. Just wish we had the sectional sofa in our room as shown on website.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Izmir, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Great Rooms, lovely staff, average breakfast. If I ever go back to Houston I would still stay there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Really enjoyed my time at the Embassy Suites in Houston. Generally I don't stay in Downtown hotels when I need a car, but this trip most of the business focus was Downtown.Not built as one of the Atrium designs, this hotel has a conventional feel. Great furnishings and a generous bathroom and shower. Very comfortable and fairly quiet, even with families.

Extremely friendly staff and the workout facilities were spacious and well appointed. Parking is a little steep which is alway my problem with Downtown properties, but there are other lots around which could be used. As usual at an Embassy, the breakfast is well worth it and will hold you till dinner.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Omg this place is one of the nicest friendliest and cleanest places I have stayed and I travel ALOT for business. I will be staying here whenever I come to Houston from now on!!! I will be back. They remember your name when you walk through the door! Never had that happen ever! The shuttle takes you where you want to go within a few miles of the hotel and it picks you up! Rooms are beautiful!!! Just lovely and they have direct tv!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Cibolo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I had a very enjoyable stay here. The staff was helpful and friendly. On arrival the valet quickly helped me with my luggage and took care of my car. Check-in was quick and easy. Breakfast each day had plenty of tasty options and the portions were good sized. The rooms are standard size for Embassy Suites. The only noted problem was the mattress was too firm for my taste. The individual cooking omelets went out of his way to make sure he met everyone’s needs. Manager’s reception has a good selection of alcohol. My only critique is I have found better food options at other Embassy Suites. Check out was easy and my car was waiting when I was ready to leave. I definitely recommend this hotel and will use it again should I need to return to Houston.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!