Looking at the negative ratings, it seems that most of those are either very finicky or don't have any experience staying in downtown/Galleria Houston. Overall, I think this is the best bet downtown. Great location (walk to about anywhere), FAST valet (yes, it's $28, but find me a hotel downtown that is cheaper), and, except for the front desk, excellent staff. Front desk didnt' follow up on a couple of requests, and when I did interact with either of the desk clerks during my 2 day stay, not much personality or smiles; housekeeping, restaurant folks were terrific though. Room in great condition, good size bathroom (although I had a tub/shower; had hoped for a shower only as in some photos); average size for ES hotels. Quiet for a downtown hotel--will be making this my preferred spot downtown in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel
- Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel Houston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're an all-suite, urban high-rise hotel overlooking Discovery Green and adjacent to the Houston Rockets' Toyota Center. The hotel is conveniently just steps away from the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Houston Pavilions shopping and entertainment complex.We offer free cooked-to-order breakfast, free WiFi and free evening cocktails at our nightly reception with your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Embassy Suites Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.