“Great for business travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #129 of 481 Hotels in Houston
Boring, Oregon
“Great for business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very large and comfortable room and well equipped kitchen. It gave a home away from home feeling. The staff was pleasant and helpful, got a great restaurant tip and also gave her one that she said she would pass on to ours. Really liked the little store in the lobby and fresh coffee a must. I will be back when my business travels brings me back to Houston

Room Tip: A room on the back side of the hotel away from I-10 is best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank CUSH1976

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Large, very clean room. Seperate bedroom, fully equipped kitchenett, gym and laundry facilities. Good wee selection in lobby pantry with free coffee on tap. Along with free wifi. Only been here 1 night so far but a must for any trip to Houston.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank ziggybray
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice, clean , large rooms with full kitchens and seperate bedroom. Pleasant employees and nice all aroubd atmosphere for extended stay. the area is not that great but there are lots of restaurants close by. Its about 15 minutes from downtown easy drive. We will stay here again if an extended stay is needed - to get the good rate of 100.00 bucks a night you have to book and stay for a 30 day minimum - if not they will up the rate to 150 a night...free laundry facility - good gym and nice bbq area NO POOL.

Room Tip: no pool - no restaurant inside the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jeanninemr
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I think this place has wonderful people working there, but LOTS of requests/questions were literally, "Lost in Translation". For example, "Where is the nearest ATM?" They weren't quite sure what an ATM was. After much back and forth there was an offer that the gas station nearby probably has one, that "likely doesn't work." NOT helpful! Getting more towels every week was a huge challenge, as well, although after much discussion that issue was resolved. Nobody really knew about directions to anywhere other than what was immediately around.

One evening I waited about 10 minutes for a clerk to help me at the front desk. Where was she? In the laundry room doing laundry?!

The rooms, however, were very clean. Housekeeping was meticulous. Service, even with the language barrier, was given with smiles.

This hotel is on a side of town that is not considered a "desirable" area. However, I felt safe at all times here. Security cameras, and lots of people on site constantly.

Considering the area, I would imagine this is the cream of the crop!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank mwitte
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've stayed at Candlewood Suites enough that I know them and they know me by first name. I always get treated like I'm their best friend and they want me to have the best rooms at the best prices evey time I stay their. When I go into Houston on business even though my business is on the other side of Houston it's just hard to stay anywhere else. Specially when I try to go other places and they almost act as though your bothering them while they are texting their friends, etc.. When I go to Canclewood Suites I-10 East they drop what ever they are doing to make sure I am waited on promptly. I Love those guys and will continue being a repeat customer as long as they keep that attitude up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Grady O
Flint, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at Candlewood enough that the staff have become my friends. I always try to get a room here when working in this area.The rates are reasonable, the rooms are quiet and the area is safe. The atmosphere in the hotel is always upbeat. The grounds look good. The management is exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Deb F
motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic Place, simply awesome service.
Eric , you are legend, you treated us all like your brother, far away above what was required of you.
Front desk was always helpful and informative at any time of day or night.
The rooms were large and self sufficient.
The wifi was quick with no problems.
The barbecue area was a real winner when required, "every night"
A well stocked food area with complimentary coffee, fruit and cookies.
What more can I say, I wish you guys were British, we shamefully lack behind in all aspects of hospitality.
AWsome guys!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank lgpark
CWS1020, General Manager at Candlewood Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!