“Nice, but language sometimes was a barrier” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #153 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Chicago, IL
“Nice, but language sometimes was a barrier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I think this place has wonderful people working there, but LOTS of requests/questions were literally, "Lost in Translation". For example, "Where is the nearest ATM?" They weren't quite sure what an ATM was. After much back and forth there was an offer that the gas station nearby probably has one, that "likely doesn't work." NOT helpful! Getting more towels every week was a huge challenge, as well, although after much discussion that issue was resolved. Nobody really knew about directions to anywhere other than what was immediately around.

One evening I waited about 10 minutes for a clerk to help me at the front desk. Where was she? In the laundry room doing laundry?!

The rooms, however, were very clean. Housekeeping was meticulous. Service, even with the language barrier, was given with smiles.

This hotel is on a side of town that is not considered a "desirable" area. However, I felt safe at all times here. Security cameras, and lots of people on site constantly.

Considering the area, I would imagine this is the cream of the crop!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Iberia, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed at Candlewood Suites enough that I know them and they know me by first name. I always get treated like I'm their best friend and they want me to have the best rooms at the best prices evey time I stay their. When I go into Houston on business even though my business is on the other side of Houston it's just hard to stay anywhere else. Specially when I try to go other places and they almost act as though your bothering them while they are texting their friends, etc.. When I go to Canclewood Suites I-10 East they drop what ever they are doing to make sure I am waited on promptly. I Love those guys and will continue being a repeat customer as long as they keep that attitude up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Flint, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at Candlewood enough that the staff have become my friends. I always try to get a room here when working in this area.The rates are reasonable, the rooms are quiet and the area is safe. The atmosphere in the hotel is always upbeat. The grounds look good. The management is exceptional.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
motherwell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic Place, simply awesome service.
Eric , you are legend, you treated us all like your brother, far away above what was required of you.
Front desk was always helpful and informative at any time of day or night.
The rooms were large and self sufficient.
The wifi was quick with no problems.
The barbecue area was a real winner when required, "every night"
A well stocked food area with complimentary coffee, fruit and cookies.
What more can I say, I wish you guys were British, we shamefully lack behind in all aspects of hospitality.
AWsome guys!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CWS1020, General Manager at Candlewood Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff, awesome rooms, clean, easy on easy off access to IH-10.

• Stayed May 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!!!
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Very clean and well kept property.
Good choice if you're looking for a place to stay on the East side of Houston.

• Stayed April 2011
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

From the minute I checked it, I realized this not the usual Candlewood. The lobby is bright, clean and the front desk associate was extremely pleasant and friendly.

The room (studio) was very spacious and very clean. The bathroom was better than a few full service hotels I've stayed in. The room is equipped with everything someone on an extended trip will need. Everything was good quality and well kept.

The bed was comfy and it was very quiet despite being that close to I-10. This is a good choice for short or long trips to the area. There are several restaurants in the area and everyone is eager to help should you need advise on dining or directions.

This one just a gold star for being squeaky clean and for having some of the friendliest staff I've encountered at any hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
CWS1020, General Manager at Candlewood Suites I-10 East, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for the awesome feedback. We strive to create a memorbale Guest Experience that will leave an Excellent impression about our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we accomplished this goal during your visit. Please come back and see us soon and have a wonderful Holiday season!

Been to Candlewood Suites I-10 East? Share your experiences!