“Five star service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7702 Main Street, Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #50 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Seattle, Washington
“Five star service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recently, my father was flown to Houston for a very serious heart condition. My siblings and I had to find a place to stay that was close to the hospital on a really short timeline. We ended up, serendipitously, at the Courtyard Marriott.

I completely understand that this is not a 5 star hotel. However, the experience there was absolutely wonderful. Everyone who worked there, from Alejandro at the front desk, to the wonderful gentleman who drove the shuttle (not to mention the amazingly accomodating GM), made our stay as comfortable as possible.

Our family was going through a terrible time, but we were also loving our time together and the Courtyard Marriott made our whole experience better.

I cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was an excellent stay that exceeded my standards. When I checked in they acknowledged the Marriot Rewards Elite status and immediately upgraded me to the Concierge level. The staf was on their game! Great experience with hospitality professionals! There is a shuttle that carries guests to within a 2 mile radius.. Which is perfect for dinners out! Especially the Rice Box area! GREAT SERVICE, ABOVE STANDARD CLEANLINESS, and an overall Great stay! Breakfast was great, Especially the concierge level breakfast!

Room Tip: Try and get the Concierge level!
jtgonzo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The hotel is bright and clean and offers a convenient free shuttle to and from the medical center. It's only a few minutes away from the hospitals, but far enough away to provide some needed distance. The normal rate is a bit high, but if you can get the medical center rate it's a good value. Our room was fairly large, with a king bed and a sitting area with a sofa, coffee table, and desk. It's pretty basic, but comfortable and quiet. A couple of quibbles: There's no free coffee downstairs and the cafe doesn't open until 7am on weekends (no big deal if you like the in-room coffee maker and are a late riser); and the internet became so slow as to be useless on our last two days. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say this was not typical, as it was fine for the first three days. But be aware if you know you need good internet service.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We stayed here during the new year season. The hotel is very close to shopping and entertainment. The lobby of the hotel looks very clean and updated. I think its recently renovated. We had a room on the top floor. It had extra high ceilings and the room was huge! We could not believe the size. The bathroom was clean and had no issues. The furniture was updated and looked recently new as well.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have extra high ceilings. The room was very large!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Houston Medical Center was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Thank you for your comments about the lobby and your room.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had to be in Houston for educational purposes at Texas Medical Center. I chose to stay here because of convenient location to the Medical Center. Complimentary shuttle is available from early morning to evening time within three miles radius. This was nice because we used the shuttle to go to work, visit museum in the area, and restaurants nearby. The location was close to major highways and it was centrally located as well. The hotel was nice and contemporary. The king standard room was large and comfortable. Bed was plump with nice linen. Wifi worked well inside the room. The only problem was that the wall between rooms were quite thin. I was able to listen to my neighbor's phone conversation. He was rather loud.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We especially appreciated Guadalupe, Marcos, Alejandro, and Marcos.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for the positive review about our property and staff. Also thank you for your valued time for letting travelers to our city know about our wonderful property. Glad to hear that we were in a convienent location for your trip. We sincerely appreciate your business. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with The Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was a great value. I always stay at Hilton brand hotels but everything was full. The grounds look nice upon arrival. Front desk exceptional. The room looked nice but dirty. The room smelled like body odor. There were stain on the red couch...visible. the bathroom floor had dry dirty water marks. I thought maybe I was paranoid, so I went down stairs to eat at the bistro...which was good...and they served drinks! When I returned, same smell. Also, the bed was like sleeping on a floor...pillows had stains. I thinkit must be the same owners as the candlewood suites...the furnishings were nice but underneath it was dirty. I saw stains in the carpet. They don't clean to my standard. Im never staying at anything other than a Hilton...and they have satisfaction guarantee!!

• Stayed January 2014
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
I am reaching out to you in reference to your comments on Trip advisor and on behalf of the Marriott family and our ownership company Island Hospitality. I’d like to resolve this matter in your favor.

My name is Joseph Sherfield and I am the Assistant General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center located in Houston, TX. I am confident that given a chance to speak with you in person or over the phone you will see that I can turn this negative experience around, I kindly request you to give me this opportunity to see what I may be able to do for you and in turn help me and my associates earn a positive reputation for this property and motivate us to do a better job and enjoy coming to work on a daily basis.

Looking forward to hear from you at your convenience, please feel free to call me directly at 832-214-6200 or 713-668-4500 ex 4908
Frankfort Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed there for three nights inre to hospital visit. Courtesy van was a nice amenity. Hotel is too far to walk to hospital for most everyone, but is still close. The grill had a limited menu but overall was satisfactory.

The small food stand by the front desk was nice for picking up a snack at odd hours. Great idea!

Hotel is close to a Kroger's grocery and pharmacy. Walkable and convenient. No other food source within walking distance.

Would give this hotel room rating a good but TA does not give you the opportunity. There is a huge difference between average and very good. This was a good room but not "very good".

Room Tip: room we had was a much larger than usual room with a hideabed sofa. It was close the ice machine bu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for the positive review about our staff and property. We sincerely appreciate your business. Glad to hear that we were in a convienent location for your medical visit. We hope to see you soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center? Share your experiences!