“Great Location & free parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7702 Main Street, Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #48 of 451 Hotels in Houston
Lufkin, Texas
“Great Location & free parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is what I have come to expect from the Courtyard brand - clean, efficient, and with an outstanding staff. We ate at the Courtyard Bistro and although the food was so-so, the young man staffing the counter went out of his way to make sure we were happy. Parking was free in a well lighted parking lot, an upside in an area where we spent $10.00 to park for less than 2 hours during a visit to an ill friend. The pool and patio area looked gorgeous, although we didn't have a chance to use either - the pool and outdoor spa/hot tub area both appeared to have handicap accessible lifts, a nod to the hotel's location in the medical center area of Houston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard M, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to share with the web about our wonderful customer service.
The Bistro is currently working on new menu items for the football season when you come back you should definantly give us another try. Also we do have a complimentary shuttle that can take you to the resturants in the area.
Thank you for choosing The Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

all 3 stays, so far...all went better than I expected
I've stayed 2 times with my husband & 1 time on my own
We found the discount rate online all 3 times
Let me tell you we've traveled often--inside the states & overseas
This was a pleasant surprise to stay here & great value I think for the price
All the interiors are very modern & very comfortable & our suites were surprisenly large & set up very well I thought
What also surprised me, at first, was that there was no breakfast included--but after eating once at the cafe I was delighted, for breakfast/lunch/dinner I've eaten there now over the 3 stays & they've all been good meals
I'll not say they're inexpensive, but when you don't feel like dressing up or getting out to drive to a restaurant or too having stayed where the so called free breakfast was not worth eating I was happy to pay for good food
The staff at the front desk & especially in the cafe were always wonderfully friendly & helpful
I think this hotel is doing a lot of things right & I appreciate it & will continue to stay there & recommend to anyone who asks where to stay in Houston as well
We enjoyed our stays so much that we thought we should become Marriott Rewards Members & so our last stay we did
Thanks be to the Hotel Gods for bringing this hotel on our online search & please continue what ya'll are doing!

Room Tip: all 3 stays, so far, we found our room online with a discount rate & our rooms were on the 2nd f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the exceptional review about our property. We truly appreciate you taking the time out to let the secret out about our incredible hotel staff. We hope that you took full advantage of all of our wonderful ammenties during your stay. We would also like to welcome you to marriott rewards family.
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It is a very clean, comfortable place. The staff has always been attentive. We stay here often. The one negative thing, is that the restaurant downstairs doesn't offer room service. There is hazzle free parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard M, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your business we really appreciate you taking the time out and mentioning our property.
For your next stay with us please be sure to utilize our complimentary wifi. Thank you for the compliments.
Thank you for choosing The Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center.
oklahoma city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The front desk people were absolutely the friendliest on a busy sports weekend.The little breakfast cafe in the lobby was at times a little overwhelmed with all the guests but did a good job getting many people served. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The pool looked fabulous even though we didn't have time to partake. There is a grocery story next door if you need to buy snacks or wine for the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
We are thrilled to hear that we become the hotel of your choice in Houston Medical Center is great to hear that our property was so conveient for you.
Thank you for the compliment about our bistro staff we are currently working on our catalogue to purchase the beds. If you would be interested you can call us and we can quote you, Thank you for taking the time out to let the web know about your recent visit with us.
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Houston Medical Center for 4 nights in July 2013. The hotel room was very clean, spacious and I found it to be quite sound-proof. I requested a top floor room at the end of the hall ahead of my arrival, which they gladly granted; this may also be the reason for experiencing less noise. The bed and pillows were very comfortable! The bathroom had plenty of towels, which were always replaced by Housekeeping. Housekeeping even made towel art, which was a nice surprise upon coming back to my room. I had no problems with wi-fi in room 824; however, several of my colleagues could never access wi-fi throughout several floors of the hotel. I used the amenities including the gym, pool and hottub. The pool and hottub area was very clean; the pool was a great temperature considering the heat outside (it wasn't too cold). The gym is typical of many hotel gyms - a few treadmills and ellipticals, but only a few weights that only go up to 40lbs. I gave my review 4 stars and not 5, for the following reasons: a) The gym air conditioning was broken which made for a very unpleasant workout considering the heat outside. It was brought to the staff's attention by another gym user, but no one seemed too concerned about it until I complained again. Albeit, the lady at the front desk was very friendly when I asked her about it. b) The restaurant on-site was very busy every morning and it took a long time to get my food. Also, there is no room service available at this hotel. But the main disappointment with the restaurant was one evening when I ordered a chicken caesar salad to go so that I could continue working in my room. The chicken was frozen (literally) and all of the lettuce was limp and rotten. When I went back down to the restaurant to get a new one, there was no apology or offer to rectify the situation (money back, free drink, etc.), they simply made a new one in a hurry. Despite the mishaps with the onsite restaurant, I was very pleased with everything else in the hotel and it was a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, away from the elevators for less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard M, Sales Coordinator at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,
We are proud to hear about your recent stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marrott Houston Medical Center. We are thankful that you took time out to let the world know about our property. We are going to work on our Bistro services and hopefully the next time you stay with us the services are up to your expectations. When you do come back to the Bistro you should try our chicken caesar wraps they are our best sellers. I also apologize on behalf of the fitness center we have had our maintaince to check all of the systems and it is much cooler in there. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center.
Edmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a 6 star hotel to me. We transferred from the Marriott at Fannin, which had an exhorbitant parking fee and internet usage. This place had free parking and free high speed internet 24/7. Plus, the rooms were much nicer and the staff were pleasant and accommodating. Kudos to Anna who gave us good tips on places to eat and even walked us out of the hotel to show us the jogging trail, which worked better for us as my son & I had to do our daily jogs. The shuttle drivers were polite and took me to MD Anderson and then dropped off my son at Rice U and then picked us up later too. The beds were so comfy and pillows soft and fluffy. This place had it all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear valued guest,
We thank you for taking the time to go and post your comments via Tripadisor. We are glad that where able to accommodate you and family with our complimentary parking and internet.
I would like to personally thank you for recognizing Ana and our shuttle drivers. We will be sharing you comments with them. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again some day.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I used to stay at this Marriott and the one on Fannin Street. Even though the one on Fannin Street is fancier, I actually prefer this Courtyard Marriott more because the internet speed is so much faster. For business purposes and for work that needs to be done at the hotel, this was a better option for me. I think the business of the Fannin Marriott caused the internet speeds to be a little slower. In addition, this Courtyard Marriott has a small eating area (open for breakfast and dinner too) and a small convenience store.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We find that our guest can be our best resource when it comes to our hotel. We are also delighted to hear that you came to stay with us because of our internet. Thank you for choosing our hotel again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center? Share your experiences!