“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7702 Main Street, Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #50 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Beaumont, TX
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I got a good deal on a room here and was very happy with my stay. The rooms are big and clean, the service is wonderful, the pool area has a nice hot tub, and check out is at noon (huge bonus for me)! The location is very close to all the downtown attractions, and parking is free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Courtyard Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We are so glad to hear your stay with us was great! Yes, we do believe are location is perfect for any type of travel to the Houston area. We really enjoyed having you here with us and can't wait to see you again!

At Your Service,
Michael R. Giangrosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night as a stopover on a Spring Break trip. We chose this location as it is close to some relatives we were visiting. Access to the hotel was easy, parking was no problem. The hotel is in very good shape. The lobby has the standard Courtyard Bistro and is clean and modern. The staff at check-in was friendly and efficient. Our room was modern, spacious and clean. We ordered room service (hamburgers and pizza), and the food was in line with quality one would expect from room service. Room service faster than expected. We did not use the work out room or pool, but both looked to be in good shape. The pool is a bit on the small side and not very scenic as it is next to the parking lot.

Overall this was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Steve,

On behalf of the entire staff and myself (General Manager), we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay over while visiting Houston. We appreciate your comments and this enables us to ensure and provide our guest the outstanding customer service we strive for. We hope to see soon on your next trip to Houston.

Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while dealing with some family stuff at MD Anderson hospital. My room was large and clean with the appropriate updates you'd expect from the Marriot family: great mattress, free wi-fi, flat screen TV, excellent shower head, and the usual excess of pillows to choose from.

I had a rental car but there was also a shuttle available to take over to MD Anderson if I needed it...a 5 minute drive away on surface streets. My stay just happened to coincide with Rodeo Houston which sees a massive influx of people to the area, so I was lucky to get a room when I did. Courtyard HMC is walking distance to Reliant Stadium and the Rodeo. It was an unexpected bonus for me and I wandered over to check it out twice while I was there (I can honestly say it was not my first Rodeo).

Every employee I interacted with was warm and genuinely friendly. Not the cold, forced pleasantries you often get at a lot of places. Special shout out to Rita, one of the ladies at the front desk.

Breakfast was okay, but worth the price for convenience and way better than hospital food.

Room Tip: Higher floors can get views of Reliant Stadium.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taken the time to let us know of your recent experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service. The next time you travel to Houston please consider staying with us again. As a manager, I like to hear that my staff is providing outstanding quality service. Rita was thrilled when she read your review and she also wants to send out a big "thank you".

Waxahachie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Typical Courtyard Marriott. Nothing more, nothing less. If you like to stay at Courtyards, you will not be dissappointed. It's clean, the furniture is in good shape nothing bad to say. Good value for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Susan,

We strive in providing an excellent and refreshing service for each of our guests. Yes, we also agree that our hotel is a great value to this area because of the proximity to the Medical Center and Reliant Stadium. Thank you for your response and we sincerely hope you consider staying with us on another occasion.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here while my dad was getting treatment at MD Anrderson and it just happened to be during Rodeo Houston. It was tough finding any hotels with vacancy during that time, let alone close to Reliant Stadium (a 10-15 minute walk) . Courtyard by Marriot was comfortable, convenient, and the staff was fantastic, Every person I spoke with was warm and genuine.

They have a lobby bar hat has the typical hotel mark up, but there is a Kroger's supermarket literally right next door to go buy beer or wine. The breakfast is a step up from most hotel breakfasts, with 6-8 plate options along with granola, muffins, bagels, etc.

It's not the cheapest hotel in the area, but if you're looking at a hotel owned by the Marriot, you're probably not too deterred by the price. All in all, I'd say its a decent value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lott, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Was here for ranch rodeo. It is a short distance to the arena which is convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Very pleased will be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Traveling for business in the middle of the biggest Rodeo down the street. (Unfortunately this rodeo goes on for a month).....not the greatest service...

Had my dry cleaning done and was told that it would be in my room....it wasn't...called down to the desk asked if it was done...they said they would call me back and hung up without saying good by (felt hung up on)...no call back. I called them and then they said it was there and I was supposed to pick it up down there. Why would they not put this in my room?

The breakfast order in the bistro was completely messed up...they asked me two times if I wanted it "to go" or to eat in the dining area....I answered that I was eating there two times....they made it "to go". I also asked for a scamblled egg with three egg whites...and they made it out for three individual breakfasts....kinda weird and inconvenient.

Out on business for a long day...get back, go up to my room on the 7th floor and my key does not work.....go down stairs and they have one person working with many people in line....wait 20 minutes in line to get a new key.

Not impressed.....coming back to Houston in the next 3 months and will not stay here.

Every time I have called the front desk they have been short with me.

My drain was broken in my room and the maid did not do a great job cleaning up the room even though there was a nice tip for her on the counter.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center? Share your experiences!