“Great Team, Excellent Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7702 Main Street, Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #50 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Cartersville, Georgia
“Great Team, Excellent Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is an excellent hotel for those staying in the Houston area for MD Anderson. I operate a resort and understand the complexities of a hotel. The team of professionals, from front desk agents to the ever important housekeepers, do a great job of keeping all aspects of your trip in mind. They are courteous, kind and resourceful. The rooms are large and filled with comfort. I encourage all who visit MD Anderson for any reason to choose the Courtyard Houston Medical Center for your overnight accommodations..

Room Tip: Use the shuttle service provided by the hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard in mid March while in town for workshops at MD Anderson. This is a fairly new property (less than 3 years old I believe) across from the Residence Inn. I prefer to be outside the immediate vecinity of the UT Medical Center /MD Anderson etc. because of the bad traffic situation during rush-hour. The hotel is in a quiet area and convenient to several freeways. There is a pharmacy across the street which has a decent convenience food selection. The hotel is standard Courtyard fare/food with good service and new rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
tomball
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I will say to start that the customer service was EXCELLENT!!!! We arrived early and the front desk clerk made a special effort to get us checked in. We were able to check in about an hr before normal check in time. We got into our room and realized that we needed to catch the shuttle. We hurried downstairs and the shuttle had just left. The front desk clerk rushed to get him to turn around real quick and pick us up. That part of the trip was fantastic. The cost was ok....I personally think for $160 breakfast should be included but whatever. The room/hotel is decorated very nicely. The rooms were clean but there was an odd musty/mildewy smell but it wasnt over powering. The only real complaint I have is the bed. It was aweful. I tossed and turned all night. It was like sleeping on concrete. If you like a firm bed then you're in luck. The main reason I gave it the average rating is because of the bed and when I book a hotel for one night I paying for the bed above all else. If you can sleep anywhere then I recommend this hotel. One minor thing is that the daytime clerk told me that when we needed to come back to the hotel and it was after the shuttle was done for the night to call and they would call a cab for us. That didnt happen. Luckily there were cabs lined up when we needed one so it turned out not to be a problem. btw....if you like to walk and your booking for reliant stadium then its within walking distance but if not it's about a 20-30 min walk in a bad part of town.next door to a kroger/gas station and 24hr cvs....not many restaurants near but a few miles down the road is Capt benny's .....awesome seafood.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the end.....walls are kind of thin.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

The hotel is only two years old and is very nice and modern. The lobby has plenty of places to sit and relax and the bistro restaurant/bar is right off of the lobby and you also have the choice of sitting at a table. I thought the room was great and in the bathroom you can tell the hotel is newer because the fixtures are shiny and clean. The carpet looked a little dirty but carpet is high traffic so I guess there is nothing that can be done about that. There is a mini-fridge, a cabinet closet, and a pull out desk for working. The bed was very comfortable and the tv was a flat panel new tv. The only issue I really had is that the walls are VERY thin and you can hear a person in the next room like they are sitting right in front of you. To try to minimize this I kept the a/c running to filter the noise and it helped. Even with the noise issue I would definitely stay here again.

Good things to know –
- A convenient shuttle goes to the medical center every 30 mins or so and they drivers really know the area if you are not familiar
- Free internet and parking
- There is no room service, only the restaurant in the lobby
- The business center is not a real business center in that you will not be able to ship something if you need to
- The hotel is about 40 minutes from the airport with traffic

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed overnight as we were visiting the medical center. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the medical center and the fact that they have a shuttle service. We did have trouble with the shuttle when we called for pick up and they failed to tell us the van was not going to be marked with the hotel's name. We stood for 45 minutes and after our third call to the hotel were given the correct information, the shuttle unfortunately is not solely for the Courtyard and we drove around several other hotels before getting to our own. We decided to take a taxi the next day back as the shuttle was inconvenient. The check in process was easy, we had a king room on the second floor. The decor was nice, the bathroom was clean and up to date but the only mirror is located in the bathroom and getting ready in the morning was cramped. The bed was comfortable, free wifi in the room is great.
They do offer breakfast/lunch and dinner with several options, we did stay for breakfast and it was well done. There were mainly business travelers in the lobby area and having meetings in the breakfast area as well. If you are staying for a length of time you might prefer a different type of hotel but for one night this was fine. Of note, the Residence Inn is directly across the parking lot and shares the same shuttle.

Room Tip: The rooms were large, included a pull out sofa. AC/Heater had the usual noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and i stayed here so we could be close to Texas Orthopedic Hospital This hotel is extremely convenient to the Reliant Stadium complex and the Texas Medical Center. It was very roomy and clean. I know it may seem trivial but the ice machine was the cleanest I've ever seen! The decor is very modern. Only problem is there was only one mirror. Usually, if two+ people share a room, a mirror outside the bathroom is needed so one person can "get ready" while the other uses the shower. This problem slowed my husband and I a great deal. Otherwise it was very nice and worth the price to be close to the hospital.

• Stayed February 2012
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The hotel was nice but the service was not. I purchased a tuna sandwich and chips at the store in the lobby. When I got back to the room, the tuna was frozen solid. When I went back to return the sandwich, the woman at the front desk was talking to another employee. She stopped long enough for me to tell her that I wanted to get my money back from the sandwich. She said that she would take it off of my bill. I also told her that I wanted a wake up call because I had an important meeting in the morning. I normally use the alarm on my cellphone, but I forgot my charger. She wrote the request down on the back of a tablet. Unfortunately, I did not get the wake up call the next morning. Fortunately, I live in the eastern time zone and woke up early. When I checked out that morning, I told another lady at the front desk that I did not get my wake up call, it didnt seem to be that big of a deal for her. I didnt expect her to do anything, but I expected a little more than "Sorry. I'll look into it." At another hotel that I stayed at, I got a free night stay because they guarenteed a that wake up calls. Anyway, She printed my bill and I noticed that it still had the charge for the tuna sandwich. She seem irritated when I asked her to remove it, even though I explained the situation nicely. Finally, the breakfast was nice, however there was only one person working the counter. She had to take the orders, prepare the food, and run the register. It took a very long time, which was not her fault. If I were in a rush, I would not have waited. Again, the hotel was nice and appeared to be clean, but I was not happy with the service. Would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston Medical Center? Share your experiences!