“Find what you look for in a home without the hassle!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #130 of 455 Hotels in Houston
San Antonio, Texas
“Find what you look for in a home without the hassle!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we travel, be it for pleasure or business , we look for home like feel without the efforts. Maybe a bit of unique identity and fun would complete it and make it all perfect.This hotel does that and a bit more.
The decor has a bright, summery and eclectic feeling with a waterfall that you look out from the bar.The combination of this and friendly front desk people makes you look forward to comming back at the end of the day. Apart from this a restaurant in the hotel offers healthy choices, 24 hours fitness centre, free parking & 3 elevators (they are in handy when you are in a rush).
Due to the proximity to energy corridor there are a lot of businesses around and restaurant. This also keeps the occupancy and rates high. I paid $349 a night when Houston had a few conventions in town.What I disliked is that hotel charging. 9.95 for WiFi on top of the prices. Reason why I dont believe you get best bang for buck.

To sum up a wonderful place if you have unlimited budget.

• Stayed May 2013
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and firendly staff made you feel at home. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your wonderful comments. We are glad to here you were also able to find a great variety of things to do. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is located off 1-10 and Katy. The hotel is in the middle of great dining, shopping and just a short trip to downtown Houston. The hotel lobby is modern, chick and very clean, The staff is friendly and willing to accommodate guest. The rooms are large, very clean and decorative. We stayed on the concierge level and had a wonderful breakfast and nice hors d'oeuvres in the evening. I personally love clean hotels. I felt like I could relax, sleep and enjoy my stay knowing this Marriott cared about their customers. If I have to return to this Houston I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the concierge level and enjoyed every minute
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our friendly staff made you feel special throughout your stay. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your wonderful comments. We are glad to here you were also able to find a great variety of things to do. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is only three years old which is definitely a positive. This is a great place to stay if conducting business off Route 10 and there are plenty of restaurants close by. The rooms were just fine and typical for a Marriott. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. No charge for parking which is always a plus. Starbucks coffee is served in the main area but disappointingly not in the concierge lounge where other Marriott concierge lounges do. This is a business hotel and not a family one. I would suggest requesting a room away from the freeway for noise and view.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are pleased to know our property is conveniently located for your business needs. We're happy to hear that our friendly staff made you feel special throughout your stay. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Crossroads, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

In town for a state tournament with the hubs and kids, plus extended family and a TON of other groups just like ours. Ran into an issue right off with a king bed for 4 people. Was told there were not rooms available and no way to fix it. Can't understand how they can't tell there are 4 people in a room and how are we supposed to share a king bed. Turns out the restaurant manager took pity and comped us breakfast - which was good since I was not impressed with the $14 executive bkfst.
Also was disappointed with the "Starbucks" they claim to have in the hotel lobby bar. Not sure about cocktails, but they made the worst capuccino.
One great thing about this hotel is the pool area. There is an amazing firepit with cushy outdoor furniture and a great spot under an arbor. didn't actually try the pool, but it looked nice. The gym was great with fresh whole fruit and an entire circuit of machines available.
Nice hotel, but the lobby is super small for a full-service Marriott. I expected more from this usually impeccable brand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. I have been sure to pass your comments on to our staff. Your feedback is very important to us in our drive for customer satisfaction, and we are glad a member of management was available to address any concerns throughout your stay. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Kingsville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We took advantage of a deal on the Living Social website for a stay at this hotel. The property is nice, very clean, updated fixtures and very well lighted. The room was nice, but there was no microwave, the iron was cracked, only one washcloth and there was no extra roll of bathroom tissue. Asked twice for another roll of tissue and a washcloth and they never came despite telling me they would be "right up". The bed was large and comfortable, nice linens and the room was very clean. The Living Social deal included breakfast for 2, but I don't think the regular room rate includes breakfast, I would say it's expensive as the bill would have been $28 for two of us for the breakfast buffet which included eggs to order, bacon, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, sauteed vegetables, oatmeal then add the items you would find at a continental breakfast; very good breakfast, but $14 each seems a little pricey for the meal. I enjoyed the visit, but nothing stands out about this hotel, it's a place to lay your head. I'd recommend this hotel if you had business to attend nearby or as a commuter stop.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. I have been sure to pass your comments on to our staff. Your feedback is very important to us in our drive for customer satisfaction. Please note our hotel does offer microwaves upon request. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly, based on a corporate agreement. My first 3 stays this year,I had access to the consigerie floor. The last time, on the same rate, I was told this wasn't included, but that breakfast was included in the rate. When I ate breakfast the next moring, I was charged for it.

When I checked in, i was given a twin room when i'd reserved a king. I called the desk and was told I could come back down and have my room changed. i suggested it might be easeir for me if i didn't have to carry my luggage back down, and that maybe they could bring up a new room key. The person I spoke with enthusiastically agreed that I had a "great idea"???

My new room didn't have any shampoo in it and only decaf. coffee. They fixed it when I called and asked.

My experience with room service the next day was also interesting. My order was wrong when I received it. The server apologized and brought the correct order back. However, it was then incomplete. i didn't have the heart to tell her the wine service was also incorrect. In her defense, they didn't charge me for the entree.

Tomorrow is day 3; I'm kind of afraid of what that might bring.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. I have been sure to pass your comments on to our staff. Your feedback is very important to us in our drive for customer satisfaction, and a member of management is always available to address any concerns throughout your stay. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this Hotel at the last minute for a business trip. This is a nice Marriott hotel, but there are some small details that make it more like an average Marriott.
First, I got in Sunday night and went to the lounge to grab a quick bite. When I got there lady working told me there was nothing left, but they had a store bought pie and some bags of chips. She acted like she just wanted to hurry up and close so she could leave. I ended up ordering room service which was good but expensive.
2nd was the high way noise. I had a room on the 7th floor but could still hear the highway.
3rd breakfast in concierge lounge was poor. I get better at Springhill suites.
Finally, the internet cost $10. Really? No free internet?
As for the other staff, they were very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We take pride in our friendly staff and clean rooms. I have been sure to discuss your comments with the staff. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Been to Houston Marriott Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!