“review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hobby Airport Inn

Save Saved
You added Hobby Airport Inn to your Saves list
Hobby Airport Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8800 Airport Blvd., Houston, TX 77061 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn Houston / Hobby Airport)   |
Ranked #306 of 451 hotels in Houston

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nederland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here previously for a night because I had a test nearby, it was a good enough hotel for the night. So my second test, stayed here again. If the lady at the front would have been kind enough to change rooms, I wouldn't be writing this. The room smelled, no desk, no fridge, no microwave, floor leaned, the door had to be slammed shut, & the phone didn't work. Maintenance was kind enough to switch rooms, with all the other things (especially a desk to study). I do not know why she was so rude, but at least it got better & I passed my test for work. I'd just suggest to call and make sure you get a nicer room so that they can't say "this is the room you paid for." But technically I guess you do get for you pay for... I could stay there for a nonspecial night, but none more

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeHobbyMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
It is indeed regrettable to hear that you were disappointed with the service we have given you, and for that we are deeply sorry. We are open for improvements and we couldn’t thank you enough for making the effort to inform us of our shortcomings. We are grateful for the inspiration you gave us to improve and correct the deficiencies in our services. We sincerely hope that we may be able to give you a far better experience should you reconsider and visit us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days. I arrived late in the evening and requested only another towel from room service when the came the following day because we were exhausted and didn't want to wait for her to make the bed: big mistake. When I became cold at night and went to get under the blanket, I discovered that the white fitted sheet had a huge blood stain. Obviously, this hotel is not abiding by sanitation codes; if they were, they would have noticed the blood stain and thrown the sheet away. How many other people had slept on the same uncleaned sheet, I wonder? The room and the hotel had bare minimum amenities and the phone was missing its cover around the keys, the security latch was missing from the for as if a buffalo had charged through it, and the place generally felt unsafe: when I headed out for work at 5 am, it was still dark outside but all the stairways and hallways were unlit; I made it to my car at lightning speed.On a more positive note, the young lady at the front desk was very professional and friendly and represented the establishment with excellence, the low price of the room could not be matched by any other hotel. Overall, in need of improvement if they are to attain repeat visitors.

• Stayed September 2013
TravelodgeHobbyMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your time in writing us a review. We always aim for excellent customer experience and we are very saddened that we did not achieve that during your stay. Your comments regarding housekeeping will be taken care of and ensure that our staff will treat cleanliness more seriously. Safety and security will be upgraded to ensure a comfortable and relaxed stay. Thank you for appreciating our staff in representing the hotel well and assisting you properly. We aim to serve you better should you decide to stay with us again.
college park, m
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I went the vending machine was broke, the ice machine was broke, the pool was closed, the check in system was broke and it took them 2 1/2 hours to check me in. When they finally checked me in the room wasn't cleaned yet and had trash all over the floor and roaches! Worst hotel I have ever seen. I got a refund and booked it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
To hear that you had an unlikely hotel experience is really saddening. We will forward you message to our staff to ensure that cleanliness is strictly observed and as well as maintenance of our facilities and equipment. We always aim to provide better service to each of our valued guests and with that we will make necessary steps to give you a different experience on your next stay. We hope to see you soon.
Fayetteville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

over 1 hour wait for shuttle, given a room occupied by another person
pool not working
trash bag 4 ice

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeHobbyMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We appreciate your time and effort in sharing us your hotel experience. We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. Your comments regarding the room and service will be highly evaluated to ensure your comfort, should you decide to stay again with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Could not beat this room for 42 a nite with tax that i paid online. King bed, cold a/c, frig, microwave, coffee pot, tv with cable and breakfast with waffles ;)
Is a older place so if you want perfect this in not your place go spend the 180 a nite for perfect ;p. The front desk girl JESSICA was very helpfull because she is awesome like that.

• Stayed September 2013
We appreciate your time and effort for this review. It is good to hear that you were satisfied with the rate per night as well as the room amenities. Feel free to advise us about your next visit so we may accommodate you with same service ad warmth from our staff. We look forward to see you again.

Been to Hobby Airport Inn? Share your experiences!