“GENUINE HOSPITALITY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #251 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“GENUINE HOSPITALITY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here on a number of occasions between August 2012 and January 2013 while working in Houston’s Energy Corridor. We travel about 85% of the year all over the country and genuine hospitality is hard to find. Our stays here have been a series of wonderful experiences. It is always clean, the desk clerks are always so personable (especially Pam, who goes out of her way always making sure we have whatever we need). Mrs. Ward, the General Manager, has made sure we have had the room we requested and could not have been any nicer and more professional. When we were late getting in from work on several occasions, Mr. Ward had left dinner in our room for us, which was truly a blessing when we were so hungry and nothing was open at that time of night. Mr. Ward is one fantastic cook, too, and would cook dinner for the guests some nights while we were there. The Wards and their staff made us feel at home, which is a real treat when traveling. They anticipated our needs and made everything convenient. We have stayed there repeatedly and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tiffney S, General Manager at Comfort Suites West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Glad to here that we was able to take care of your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Phyllis Ward you are a embarrassment. And the owner Mike Patel you are either uneducated or completely blind to hire and position Phyllis as a manager of a hotel. Can not resolve any problems the right way at all and when she has to be confronted about it she hides by hanging up phone calls, telling front desk not to transfer you, and now from reading past reviews she hides in the back. The front desk is being taught and trained by a ghetto no mannered manager so they are not to blame the things they have to do and say. Ward is just a puppet for the owner trying to scheme people out of money and do a lot of shady acts. Never ever stay at this hotel people, Houston is large and there are plenty of other nice welcoming places. I would rather sleep in my car then to ever lay foot on this property ever again.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Well I hope you can give us another chance since we have made a lot of changes and that is with starting with management.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Two night stay led to bed bug bites over my body. Also problems at check in and check out. I would never recommend anyone to stay here. Staff seemed nice and the room was big. Again, the big problem here is bed bugs!

• Stayed January 2013
Since the new management and staff took over there has there has not been any bed bugs on our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Everyone was very nice. When we needed help with something they helped with a smile on their face. the rooms were very clean and made my stay here enjoyable. i cant wait to visit again and stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed in this hotel once before and it was a wonderful experence until my last vist! The new manager is the worst I have ever met in entire life. Her Customer service is poor, speaks to guests rudely, unattentive, short memory and acts like you are squatting in her house rather than a paying guest in a hotel! lacks what it takes to be a manager in a hotel. Period... maybe she is related to the owner , why she is still there.?? The receptionists are very nice , friendly and always trying to make up for the poor service the manager gives. That was the last and will never return there again. If you are looking for somewhere you can feel loved or welcome, look elewhere otherwise you will leave angery and disappointed.!!!

Room Tip: Any of the room will do. No problems there with house keeping or room service. Front desk are great...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We have changed our management and staffing so I would hope that you would consider staying.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel for our company meeting. The Breakfast was fresh out of the kitchen, like your mother would cook. Hot, and very tasty. All fresh foods! The breakfast guy was the world greatest keeping everything clean. While eating the manager Mrs Ward came to our table and made us feel at home. The next day when we got back from our meeting, she had put cookies in our room with fresh water. We stayed here 4 days, and I visit a lot of hotels, you can't beat this place. In the middle of the night, our TV went out, and the tv was repaired in the middle of the night! Great staff, and great food! Very clean

Room Tip: all the rooms are pretty big
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
new orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The manager Phyliss Ward is negligent, unqualified and unprofessional. She does not care about her customers and should not be in this industry imo. The rest of the staff was friendly but quite untrained. The hotel is nice but I recommend you stay at another hotel if you want to avoid a headache and some unexplained hidden fees.

My family booked this hotel via Expedia because their website indicated that this establishment is pet friendly. I even confirmed this with the girl at the front desk when I check into the hotel later that day. I asked her if there was a pet deposit fee and she told me that their was none. The next day, as I was walking my dog downstairs another front desk receptionist told me that this hotel did not allow dogs. I quickly informed her that this must have been a mistake since their Expedia page and the girl at the front desk last night told me otherwise. She retorted that the website needed to be updated and that the girl did not know what she was talking about. After consulting with her manager, I was told that they would accommodate us if we gave them a 150$ cash deposit. My family was willing to give them the money,but all we asked was that they in turn give us a official receipt of the transaction. They refused to give us a receipt. Uncomfortable with the fact of giving them cash without documentation after they the have already made past mistakes we told them we would not give them the money unless they were willing to draft an official receipt. After disagreeing, the manager told the the girl at the front desk to tell us that we were kicked out and had ten minutes to leave. I then asked the girl at the front desk to see the manager in person, in which she replied "My manager doesn't want to see you". Since we booked for two days and only stayed for one, we informed the girl that we will be needing a refund for the one day otherwise we will be contacting our attorney. Immediately after we arrived back to our room to pack, we got a call from Phyllis Ward. I informed her that we wanted a refund for the day we weren't staying which was the least the hotel could have done for us especially since they made a mistake and are kicking us out instead of apologizing. She abrasively told me that their will be no refund, in which i replied that she'll be hearing my attorney. As we were leaving, the girl at the front desk showed us a receipt of our stay with a zero balance. Thinking that we received a full refund we gladly left the hotel, hoping to never have to think about this horrid experience ever again. A month later, I looked at my bank statement and to my surprise, not only did they not give me refund, they actually charged me an additional day separate to what I had paid to Expedia. So in total, I paid the two nights stay I original booked via Expedia along with an additional one day charge the hotel made on my card. Expedia had to call the hotel to confirmed all the details in order to give me my money back and later told me they could not because the hotel said they will still be charging for the two nights. Currently, I am on hold with Expedia sorting everything out because the hotel management failed to inform Expedia that they charged our card separately. It has been two hours, because the Expedia rep is trying to get in contact with the manager. Needless to say, this has been the worst hotel experience in my life.

For the entirety of this nightmare, we have not once talked to the manager, Phyllis Ward, in person. Instead of stepping in and mediating the situation she chose to ignore it. Not once did we hear them apologize for their mistakes. In addition, I had my extended family book the hotel at the same time we were there. After my aunt's family checked out, they were shocked to see a $170 fee on their bill. They were informed by the front desk receptionist that it was because their 3 year old was running down the hall and they proceeded to play a video of it to her. They never warned them about a no running fee for kids prior to charging them and there was also another family disgruntled to find the same charge on their bill.

I never write reviews but for this hotel experience I'm making an exception. In summation, DO NOT STAY HERE. This completely ruined out family's weekend. I will never again book via Expedia, nor am I ever stepping foot in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I hope you make the exception to come try us again since we do not have the same staff as before. We are not pet friendly for we are people friendly.

Been to Comfort Suites West Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!